• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

It’s to do with the intake. I wondered this myself but this explains it. Notice how the mesh is also different on that side.

b740f6aff605ba270116c11b184b9f02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
Garage phoned today to update me on the expected delivery date into the dealership, so I'm looking at 25th may + or- 2 days. Main reason was also to say that there is a new software update for the car and they had asked for the car to be built with the new update included. the dealership never gave me any more details than that, so I can't say what update it is engine or whatever

I'm looking at 25th may + or- 2 days.
Main reason was also to say that there is a new software update for the car and they had asked for the car to be built with the new update included.
4 months is a long time to wait for a car that is built here. When did you originally place your order?
Maybe it is the cynic in me but I take with a pinch of salt dealers' excuses for delays.....have heard them all before.
If it is simply software then surely it can be updated after the car is built.....that's how these things usually work.
Will be interesting to hear exactly what it is and why the car needs to be built with it already installed.

No the dealership have been spot on about build time etc, I ordered at the beginning Oct, and they always said that it would be Feb from day one, they did say beginning or mid Feb, and I told them leave it till 1st march. They had said that if it came in early they would leave it at their covered warehouse, with a cover over it until pick up. No they have been good with updates etc via phone calls etc.

Hmmm....software update....I cant think what that might be fixing....unless its a shed load more torque ha...

Gazza - does it need to be brand new? Id be tempted to get a 'lightly used one', save some money and patience...although finance deals if that's what you're doing may not be as sharp

I ordered at the beginning Oct, and they always said that it would be Feb
I originally thought 4 months was a long time, but turns out it will be almost double that by the time you get your car. :eek:
You have more patience than me. :D
Have they held the price for your trade in?

Not trading in selling the old car private, I was lucky to get made redundant last year and got a nice lump sum, then walked into a new job with the same pay. So paid cash for mine and still have cash spare, although the wife wanted an extension on the house, so she wasn't very happy lol. Not too bothered about the wait as it will miss most of this weather.

Interested to know if there is a delay. I ordered one in October, told build was in December for January delivery. Now the dealer is doing some dodging and "waiting for update from Honda with the chassis number". I thought they couldn't give them away before christmas, and now there seem's to be a drought. I wonder if there is an issue being rectified or maybe production was ramped up again for the USA and put the UK models on the back/slow burner

Spoke to my dealer about 2 weeks ago,said their new demonstator would arrive next week for me to have a test drive.
If we could do a deal for a new one then they said that they could get the colour of my choice in Feb, which I said would suit me for First March delivery.
They also implied they would do a deal,since I pointed out I wasn't inclined to pay list.

We'll see,I have no intention of waiting 4 months,if I can't do a deal on a low miles demo then I'll leave it for this year...which might be wise anyway since my present car is only 1 year old so looking at a big first year loss,sadly.

Interested to know if there is a delay. I ordered one in October, told build was in December for January delivery. Now the dealer is doing some dodging and "waiting for update from Honda with the chassis number". I thought they couldn't give them away before christmas, and now there seem's to be a drought. I wonder if there is an issue being rectified or maybe production was ramped up again for the USA and put the UK models on the back/slow burner

Seems to be all over the place with delivery dates, but as I said in my post earlier the dealership have been bag on with me from day one, Feb they told me and Feb it is, I was also told by another dealer that it would be Feb as well, so I think your dealership may have been wrong on that one!! What colour did you order as I believe that pmm is the one with the longest delivery dates.

I went with red myself. I'll chase the dealer down again next week but normally how long should you be waiting for delivery once a chassis number is available/the car is built?

Nobody buying ex demo instead, low mileage bargains out there

I'm keeping an eye on them, some are below £30k already. I'm hoping come March there will be more about and more of a chance for a deal. Not sure if it's a Japanese manufacturer thing but they don't tend to have decent offers on the hot stuff.

Any one getting travel on FK8 brakes only 1721 on clock surely it shouldn't do that. Suppose to be Brembo brakes?

Any one getting travel on FK8 Breaks only 1721 on clock surely it shouldn't do that. Suppose to be Brembo Breaks?
I hardly have to touch the pedal to get the initial bite, but for serious stopping force the pedal needs more pressure than I would have expected compared with previous cars.
I have only needed to do that once in 4 months though, so as it is these are the most sensitive brakes I have had on any car.
Maybe your "breaks" are broken. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm yeah I was a bit surprised with the force required to stop quickly, but on the plus side not to bitey either. I had a Cupra on demo and I kept head butting the windscreen on the slightest touch Id defo want a bit more bite with moderate pressure though. All the reviews say how good they are....so I must be doing it wrong.

Back