• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I had my last 2 cars delivered within 2 weeks of being built in Germany, so Honda should be able to do better than that. :D

This has me wondering now, how long does a build actually take? If the car was to be built in December aswell how long before if gets a chassis number? If I can get some ammo to fire at the dealer when I call them that'd be helpful, as if it's supposedly built but no chassis number I'd wonder if their fibbing and fobbing

Is that 100%? If so and there's no chassis number available then there's a likelihood that the build hasn't even commenced, if this is the case i'll be a bit peeved at the dealer.
They are quick to take your money to begin with but stuff like this get's up my goat!

Absolutely.
A chassis number is allocated before the build starts. Unless Honda do it differently to all other manufacturers. :D
My last 2 cars were built to order and I was given the chassis number before the car was built.

70 built per day for worldwide markets - I see a few fk2 owners who had nothing good to say about the 8 considering making the transition ..I’d do it before July 18, personally.

Vin Diesel's birthday. F&F Diesel Edition, all petrol models cease production.

#FakeNews

:lol:

Weird you mention Old Vin....jus looking at whether to go to Fast and Furious Live...... I was a wee 21 year old with my Saxo VTS when number 1 ( and still the best) F&F film came out....

why before July 18th?

The fk2 3 year period will be up, so could be a fair few handed back to the dealers.
It's a tough one as there's a lot of FK2 owners who don't see the need to swap and there's also potential FK2 owners that have been waiting for the 3 year mark to get a deal so that could steady the residuals.
I'm holding out till the loan is payed off, I'm PPI'in my arse off at the minute :lol: so it could be sooner than first thought, my dilemma then will be fk8 or finally debt free and enjoy it

The fk2 3 year period will be up, so could be a fair few handed back to the dealers.
It's a tough one as there's a lot of FK2 owners who don't see the need to swap and there's also potential FK2 owners that have been waiting for the 3 year mark to get a deal so that could steady the residuals.
I'm holding out till the loan is payed off, I'm PPI'in my arse off at the minute :lol: so it could be sooner than first thought, my dilemma then will be fk8 or finally debt free and enjoy it

The FK8 costs me £221.56pm for 35 months and then I have a balloon payment of £13.991.87. I am going to pay £2.5k of this next week which will reduce the monthly payments by around £10pm. I have also set a standing order up at £50 per week extra and if I keep this at the same level I will owe around £3k on the car in 36 months to own this outright. Knowing me it will be 50/50 if we keep it but even so I will have a very healthy deposit in the next car ;)

The FK8 costs me £221.56pm for 35 months and then I have a balloon payment of £13.991.87. I am going to pay £2.5k of this next week which will reduce the monthly payments by around £10pm. I have also set a standing order up at £50 per week extra and if I keep this at the same level I will owe around £3k on the car in 36 months to own this outright. Knowing me it will be 50/50 if we keep it but even so I will have a very healthy deposit in the next car ;)

How is the monthly so low? Did you whack a massive deposit down?

Remember Rick had a virtually new FK2 to hand back, so that will be where the large deposit came from.
In this age of PCP popularity, I am very happy with my £0 per month payment. :D

I don't really want to pay for the car outright as I also like to see the money in the bank but do appreciate this also costs me 5% because of this but again I prefer it this way. I chucked 10k at the FK8 which basically left me paying £220 pm with 14k outstanding in 3 years. My plan at the moment is to have this balance either down to under 5k or paid off before the payments finish without impacting on taking money out of our savings etc.

I put £10k down but my monthlies are £300 on the same term which is why I don't get it!??

Ex-demo drove a good deal for the car having 1k on the clock plus I did not take the hit on the first year road tax and all ex-demos come with 5 year service plan included. Funny enough the FK2 was ex-demo and the FK8 I ended up with was the demo that replaced the FK2 demo I purchased even though I never visited the dealer in question. What I can say is I drove past the FK8 demo on the FK2 back in October as well. Don't get me wrong I did 6k in the FK2 and I lost money on it but was still better off when it all was done than if I had waited 2 months and purchased the FK8 new so not a bad result in the end.

Say demo one more time, go on :lol:

Feck me, fecking sideways!!!! That's a really good fecking deal. I thought the finance on second hands were not as good as brand new. Wish I'd done that now and saved the 100 a month.. fair play mate.

Washing my car today I noticed dirt has got into the wing marker lights. :(
Both sides are the same....this is very poor and should not be happening.....which proves they are not sealed units like they should be.

Washing my car today I noticed dirt has got into the wing marker lights. :(
Both sides are the same....this is very poor and should not be happening.....which proves they are not sealed units like they should be.

You sure this is just no on the edge of the inner lip of the light? I get it here and washes straight off with the pressure washer

Back