• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. LSzajmi

Looking for gauge recommendations that can be dimmed together with the dashboard

Hey everyone, I am planning to install Oil temp and pressure gauges in my FN2, but I have no prior experience with wiring them. I drive mainly at night and read that cheaper gauges with 2 backlight options (headlights on/off) have quite bright lights, I am looking for a dimmable option that...
  2. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3 Headlight Washers Don't Work

Hi all, I have a facelift EP3 with factory xenons and headlight washers. They have never worked for the 3 years of ownership of the car and I never needed them, but MOT laws have changed in my area, so now I gotta fix them to pass. I can't really find much info about how they work, could anyone...
  3. LSzajmi

EP3 Bonnet gap adjustment?

If you want to make sure it is perfect then yes, get it replaced. Alternatively, you can try bending it back to its correct position, by using only a jack and some tow straps. Find some info and pics on here (read the comments as the method of the OP might not be the best way)...
  4. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3 something came loose off the heater dial. (in dash I believe)

Yeah, the manual heater control seems to be giving in after so many years on all 7th gens. There could be 4 reasons causing the issue: - The end of the cable broke (either age or the last 2 points) - The little black metal clip holding the heater cable broke, or it gave in like in the video...
  5. LSzajmi

EP3 Spongy brake pedal (bled multiple times)

Hi everyone, My brake pedal feels quite spongy, and cannot figure out what the reason could be (Facelift EP3). Symptoms: - When the engine is stopped, the pedal has a slight, but noticeable spongy feel - When I start the engine, the pedal sinks halfway down and becomes really spongy (it...
  6. LSzajmi

EP3 Loose shifter mechanism EP3

It was indeed the springs, I ordered some Acuity ones from Tegiwa, they are not much stiffer than OEM. I saw nothing wrong with the shifter mechanism or the original springs that were in there, but as soon as I changed them the slop disappeared, now my shifter feels amazing, especially paired...
  7. LSzajmi

The cable end bushings are fine, are there any inside the gear selector mechanism that could wear out?
  8. LSzajmi

Hi! I've had a loose shifter on my car for quite some time now, but after driving a mate's EP3, I really felt the difference in the tightness of the shifts and want to restore my car to the same level. I ordered a Revo short shifter in hopes that it would fix it, but the OEM one it...
  9. LSzajmi

EP3 Bonnet gap adjustment?

If the latch adjustment doesn't fix it, there is a possibility that the radiator support is a bit bent upwards (as the latch is bolted to the rad support directly). The most common cause is incorrect lifting of the front (either jacking on the rad support or the jack slips onto it from the...
  10. LSzajmi

Can the EP3 be made to pop like a modern car?

Thank you for all the replies, I got a lot of answers. The presence of the nice little pops on the modern cars I've heard probably do have something to do with an anti-lag system or the turbo itself, after your suggestions. I definitely don't want any loud bangs and flames with a map...
  11. LSzajmi

Can the EP3 be made to pop like a modern car?

Hi all! I am aware that the EP3 is in no way comparable to most modern cars, however I am a beginner when it comes to exhausts and I'd like to understand the phenomenon of pops, and how to manipulate it, if possible. I've had the luck of experiencing several modern performance cars (mostly...
  12. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for rim recommendations (Aftermarket vs. OEM)

After long consideration I have decided to go with TE37-style bronze wheels, I got one more question left regarding the size: My summer tires are 215/45R17, which would fit rims 7 to 8 inches wide. I am not planning on going wider tires, and I want to avoid rolling the arches, so 7 and 7,5...
  13. LSzajmi

EP3 White smoke and misfire after IACV cleaning

I went over all the connections on the TB, removing them one by one didn't make any difference. I have no idea what could be the problem anymore. If I find no other option, I am gonna tow it to a local mechanic, since my local Honda shop is not available for like 3 weeks and see, if he can come...
  14. LSzajmi

Unfortunately I don't have a more advanced OBD II reader, but I'll try to find one in my area from a fellow civic owner. The new O2 sensor is an aftermarket one, it was fine before, but if it was faulty it would only start to run rich after it has warmed up (since when it's cold it is in...
  15. LSzajmi

Injector O-rings seemed fine, replaced them anyway, but nothing has changed. I tested the injectors, and none of them were leaking after pressurizing the fuel system (I took them out, cycled the ignition a couple of times, but no fuel dripped out). If the injector closed when the engine shut...
  16. LSzajmi

I used specific intake cleaner, which is not supposed to damage anything if it gets into the intake manifold, but I won't trust these either after this case :D I was not completely convinced that the MAP is not faulty, since that was the most likely thing I could have killed while cleaning, got...
  17. LSzajmi

Got the new plugs, checked for spark and compression, everything seems to be fine in that regard. The car started up like normal from cold, ran fine (and gave no CEL) under no load, but the unburnt fuel is still coming out the exhaust pipe. So it is now clear that something with the mixture is...
  18. LSzajmi

I don't think it could've jumped the chain, there was no rough cranking of the engine, it starts up okay and runs under no load for a few seconds, then, if I give it gas or wait longer it starts dying. Injectors going bad I cannot rule out, but wouldn't it be unlikely that 2-3 went at the same...
  19. LSzajmi

Only P0300 (random misfires), P0301, P0302 and P0304 (specific cylinder misfires) codes are thrown, nothing else, even after resetting them. Everything was fine with the car before, so I'm really hoping the plugs are the issue, cause I have no idea what else a bit of cleaner could have killed...
  20. LSzajmi

Also, I found no vacuum leaks or broken plugs/pins.
  21. LSzajmi

Thank you for the replies! I tried cleaning the sensor with contact cleaner, no changes, unplugging it made it worse. Checked all the spark plugs again, all of them had black discoloration (2 had a bit, the other 2 a lot of unburnt fuel on it, and their respective cylinders had some gunk as...
  22. LSzajmi

Yes, very likely, I sprayed some cleaner in the throttle body when it was assembled with all the sensors. Could it have killed it?
  23. LSzajmi

I have found no vacuum leaks, and everything seems to be plugged in correctly. I'm gonna check the MAP sensor tomorrow, that could produce such symptoms.
  24. LSzajmi

Ran the car a bit again, no change. Spark plugs are dirty (unburnt fuel), the white smoke also seems to be because of incomplete combustion. What could I have screwed up?
  25. LSzajmi

Hi guys! I've just recently cleaned my IACV valve (be removing the Throttle body), with liberal use of intake cleaner. I started the car up, there was plenty of white smoke at the back, I thought it would quickly burn off the excess cleaner still in the system. A minute or so later the...
  26. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for rim recommendations (Aftermarket vs. OEM)

Hi guys! I am a big noobie when it comes to wheels, so I'd like to ask your help so I could choose the best fit for my car: Currently my car is equipped with a set of very heavy aftermarkets for winter, but as spring is coming closer I'm in need of a new set of lighter (and better looking)...
  27. LSzajmi

EP3 Trying to convert HIDs back to factory [facelift EP3]

I passed my MOT without any issue last month, thanks!
  28. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3 aftermarket rear engine mount quality

Hi guys! After ordering the engine mount set from Mugen (only containing 3 mounts), I found 1 brand of on aftermarket rear engine mount at my local parts store, so I decided to give it a go. They assured me that it is correct for my car (even checked it by VIN code), but right after opening...
  29. LSzajmi

That's awesome, and would save a lot of headache :D I will try to reconnect it today, and hope for the best.
  30. LSzajmi

Hi everyone! I am in a bit of a complex situation: My car failed its MOT, because it has HIDs installed (that's how I bought it), and no working headlight washers. For this reason, I wanted to convert it back to halogen bulbs, but looking at all the HID kits out there, I could not understand...
  31. LSzajmi

Alternator whine, only on rear speakers

Hi everyone! When I bought my EP3, it only had front speakers, so I went ahead and bought a pair for the back as well, but after I installed them I noticed significant alternator whine. The problem is definitely not with the amp or the head unit, since the whining doesn't go away when I...
  32. LSzajmi

EP3 Jerking at steady throttle and acceleration - O2 sensor?

Thanks for the replies, I rented a car lift and went at it with a spanner and a hammer after the cat fully warmed up, managed to get it off with a lot of effort, turns out the thread was stripped. Replaced it and the car ran like new! :)
  33. LSzajmi

The main problem is the electrical connector being stuck. Since there is not much space I couldn't even figure out if it has 1 or 2 retaining tabs. I am gonna disconnect the battery and try with WD40, hope it will come loose eventually. For the sensor itself I bought the special socket, so I'm...
  34. LSzajmi

I have cleaned the IACV a few thousand kms back, so the only thing left would be the O2 sensor then. If I cut the O2 sensor, then the car would just run in open-loop and all the jerking would disappear, right? Rather have my organs in their correct position than a few extra ml of gas when I...
  35. LSzajmi

Hi everyone, A couple of weeks ago I have experienced weird jerking of the car (when accelerating and at steady throttle as well), then the CEL came on with a P0135 (Primary O2 sensor) code. I cleared the code to see if it would come back on, but it didn't, and the car started running fine...
  36. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for OEM Air Intake EP3

Hey guys! I am looking for an OEM air intake (all the piping from the throttle body, the whole casing) for my EP3, or OEM style aftermarket one (if it exists). My current aftermarket intake box started to show problems, but I do not have enough money for a Tegiwa carbon one yet, so I am...
  37. LSzajmi

Changed wheels and tires, car pulls to either side randomly. What to do?

Thank you all for the replies! I went and had the wheel alignment done, which was a bit off, so it helped a great deal. I probably didn't notice it with the winter tires because the road was quite slippery and I didn't drive that much with those. Having done that, there is still a bit of pull...
  38. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for EP3 shifter assembly

Hello everyone! I bought my EP3 not so long ago, and after getting the essentials done, I am in the process of making my shifting feel better. My gear lever has a lot of play in it, because the plastic ball in the assembly is worn. I didn't necessarily want to install a short shifter, but if...
  39. LSzajmi

Yes, I indeed have very little experience with this car, so getting a check to make sure everything is all right with the alignment seems reasonable. Best case scenario it will solve the problem.
  40. LSzajmi

The original wheel seems to be on the summer tires, with ET45 offset, and the winter 16 inch ones are actually OEM accord wheels according to what I found online, which have ET55. Although the tire aspect ratio also happens to be 45 and 55 respectively :D Winter tires seemed very good, the...
  41. LSzajmi

No spacers, but the offsets are indeed different. Winter ones are 55, summer ones are 45. If not the size difference, could this cause the problem?
  42. LSzajmi

Thank you for the replies, guys! The tires are still in good condition and worn evenly, I put them on the correct side as well. Having only driven the car a bit and not being familiar with the wheels seems to have made me forget to check the wheel and tire sizes. In fact, the winter set was...
  43. LSzajmi

I have recently purchased an EP3, on which I put my other set of wheels with summer tires. After that, the car started pulling considerably randomly left or right, I have to forcefully keep it straight otherwise the car would steer into the other lanes. With the other set of wheels and winter...
  44. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3: Does the RHD axle fit LHD?

Sorry, my English is sadly not spot on :D Yes, I was thinking of the driveshaft.
  45. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3: Does the RHD axle fit LHD?

Hello everyone! I'm in a bit of a situation, I recently bought an EP3, and on the way home one of my axles broke (seems like rust gets these parts very bad), so now I'm looking for one, but I can't seem to find any in my area (Estonia). I found a Right Hand Drive parts car though, so I was...
  46. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for fog light cover

Thank you!
  47. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for fog light cover

Hey everyone! I have a facelift EP3, and I'm looking for fog light covers. My fog lights are broken and I don't really want to replace them, since they are quite pricey and I never use them anyway, but I want the holes to be filled with something. Does anyone know where could I get some...
  48. LSzajmi

EP3 Found an EP3, need help with identifying problems

Thank you very much for your reply! I'm glad this means that almost everything is fine on the car, I'll definitely consider buying it.
  49. LSzajmi

EP3 Found an EP3, need help with identifying problems

Hello everyone! Recently I went to test-drive an EP3 (facelift) in my area, and also took it to a pre-purchase inspection. The car has a lot of miles (300 000 kms), and some mods (ECU, carbon fiber hood, wing and intake, springs, exhaust), which I would've liked to do on it anyway. Most of...
Back