• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Si-85

EP3 EP3 Wheels Specs - Track Day Use

Team Dynamics come in various sizes but they do make a direct fit for the ep3 with the same CB 64.1. So you'll need to find out what the wheel specs are.
  2. Si-85

I was running -3 but it was scrubbing the outside edge real bad. I run -3 on the back.
  3. Si-85

EP3 BazEP3's 30th Anniversary Edition EP3

Just been having a nosey around the old Google and 25.5 might actually be standard size, not sure why I got 24mm bushes or where I even read they were 24mm, seem to get mixed reports on front arb standard size.
  4. Si-85

Pretty sure they are 45 but I have always had 10mm spacers on too which will help. I can check without if needed.
  5. Si-85

EP3 BazEP3's 30th Anniversary Edition EP3

Looks well that does. Getting harder and harder to find these 30th anniversary are, makes me feel bad for ripping mine to bits and making a track car out of it lol still finding little bits different to standard. Today I set to doing a full poly Bush and bought standard front arb bushes 24mm but...
  6. Si-85

I have Enkai RPF1 8J running 215/45/17 MRF civic cup tyres. Its lowered on yellow speed with -4 degree camber with no issues.
  7. Si-85

Brake cooling

Yes I’ve been keeping my eye out for some DC5 callipers, are they a straight swap? The car with its cage and tank of fuel weighs 1060kg. This is on the rules - Engine Engines must be naturally aspirated Honda B16 or K20 series engine which came in the relevant model being raced. Suspension...
  8. Si-85

Brake cooling

i Eventually plan on racing in the civic cup and believe you have to run standard callipers so need to get used to it as is. If I change my mind about racing in that championship then I’d certainly look in to a BBK.
  9. Si-85

Brake cooling

Hopefully I shouldn’t have to tackle too many speed bumps as it’s a dedicated track car and gets trailered to and from the track. Yes I was told DS2500 were good :( lesson learned and won’t run them again. I’ll try the PBS as believe they are supposed to be very good.
  10. Si-85

Brake cooling

This is how I first routed them but it didn’t work out up there as when I turned the wheel it hit the pipe so had to rethink and the only other place was lower down. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Si-85

Brake cooling

This is how they are now routed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Si-85

Brake cooling

So I did my first track day in my newly tracked out EP3 and after the first session I got in and realised the front drivers calliper had got so hot it had melted the paint off the calliper and it had all flaked off. It was a very hot day and I maybe did 2 laps too many considering the outside...
  13. Si-85

Cadwell 11th August

I’m booked on Cadwell on the 11th August for my second day out in my EP3, if anyone else is going drop me a message be good to meet up.
  14. Si-85

Coilover choice- Yellow speed coilover

I have gone with the yellowspeed premium track coilovers, only done one day on them and have to say they were brilliant, if I were to do it again I would have gone for the inverted ones for only an extra £150ish though as the struts are a lot thicker and stronger built.
  15. Si-85

EP3 EP3 track build almost complete

Thank you Andy, starting to wish I hadn’t removed the aircon though.
  16. Si-85

Cheers Simon, I’ll be there on the 1st July buddy.
  17. Si-85

That’s good to know, one of the reasons I got an EP3 was due to reliability, mine is still on the original radiator but I’ve put some Billet engine mounts on. As Shaun at SW Motorsport advised me to do so because they tend to split. I look forward to meeting a few other EP3 owners whilst at the...
  18. Si-85

Good advise thank you. I have booked Blyton as it is close to me should something go wrong on the car etc. It’s more things on the car to keep an eye on for damage or wear etc I am looking for advise on, what wears out or is likely to brake on these motors. I have done a few track days before...
  19. Si-85

Cheers Krzys, hopefully it goes ok. Will take sometime getting used to it I’m sure. Looking for advice on bits to keep an eye on too if anyone can help.
  20. Si-85

Ok so she’s now complete, got a track day booked and looking forward to it, ABS delete coming soon, K100 also on the list. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Si-85

Brake calliper refurb and paint

Cheers lads, they have long been done now and the car has now been finished, it’s got its first track day in a week.
  22. Si-85

Yes that is what I have learned the hard way, i regret not putting in a full weld in cage but funds wouldn’t allow for it at this moment and I wanted to get it on track for this summer so figured I’d run it with this cage and then swap next year as should get a good chunk of money back for the...
  23. Si-85

Ah cool wish I’d have known as had the sub frame off last week to fit the baffled sump, I will keep in mind and replace as I go now I know about them, cheers for the advise. Yes I have thought about stripping the wiring loom, I’ve just been learning as I go as I’ve done everything myself so far...
  24. Si-85

Yes mate it’s a track dedicated car. Can’t say I have, why what parts are you talking about and what are the benifits from fitting? The interior is as stripped as it can be with only the dash and door cards remaining, door cards will come out when windows get replaced. I believe to make in to a...
  25. Si-85

Thanks for the info,, lesson learned on that one as Shaun at SW also said to use PBS pads which I will do when the ferodo require changing.
  26. Si-85

Ok so I started building my Red EP3 30th anniversary a while ago and it is just about to be complete when it comes back from SW Motorsport after having a roll cage fitted. I have done the following and looking for advise so anyone wants to add to it or advise on anything I’ve missed please do...
  27. Si-85

Exclusive Honda only track day

I’d be there seen as my newly track dedicated Ep3 is just about to be finished in 2 weeks when it comes back from SW Motorsport ;)
  28. Si-85

EP3 Wheel and suspension question

I have ordered some yellowspeed racing dynamic premium coilovers for my track car build and looking for advise on what sort of height works for the track, I believe they come adjustable from 20mm-80mm and was thinking about starting off setting them so they land me at around 30mm lower than...
  29. Si-85

EP3 PDF manual or wiring diagram.

I tried a search but didn’t find what I am after, which is a PDF version of a vehicle maintenance manual. I am also in need of a wiring diagram as I want to get rid of the light and wiper stalks and put them on flick switches on the centre console, I also need to wire in a battery...
  30. Si-85

EP3 Newbie EP3 owner track build

ok so I have filled over the centre (radio) part of the console and carbon wrapped it, I will be mounting the battery isolator on this but also want to ditch the light and wiper stalks as I will put them on flick switches on the centre console, does anyone know the wire colours for both stalks...
  31. Si-85

Thanks for that Crowds, I have had a look but can only find parts for Calipers for sale and not an actual refurb service, do you know if this is something they do?
  32. Si-85

Any recommendations for anywhere that offers a brake calliper refurbishment service? Or even better a like for like refurbed set? Mine are looking rather tatty and would just like them sprucing up not really after getting them in show condition as they are for my on going EP3 track car build.
  33. Si-85

Ok I will try that, good to know that you have first hand experience of both. Thank you
  34. Si-85

Thanks Krzys. It is going to be a track only car and trailored to and from the track, do you think those discs will do for track only use until I can afford a BBK? If the RPB discs are going to be the better option for now I will buy them not a problem it’s just if they are only 10% better but...
  35. Si-85

Today I ordered my seats for the car, I also ordered a JDM rear ARB and some super pro bushes. I have been and stripped off all the brakes and hoses and I ordered some RPB braided hoses and some DS2500 pads but can’t decide on what discs to go for, any advise on this would be appreciated. I...
  36. Si-85

EP3 Should I remove radiator fan on track car

The radiator on the car was a bit banged up so I figured I may as well replace with an aluminium one to start with, but unfortunately the fans do not line up to the holes in the new radiator. I have messaged the company informing them of the poor fitment, so will see what they come back with...
  37. Si-85

Just another thought, if I get a new slim fan would I be able to use the existing wiring to the radiator fan to run a slim line style fan? If so this would eliminate the need for a switch in the cabin correct?
  38. Si-85

As you can maybe tell I am quite new to working on a track car, so lots to learn lol I did think one would have been for the AC, can you tell me which fan is for the AC? I would hazard a guess at the RH side one? If so it is actually the LH side fan that does not line up properly Thanks
  39. Si-85

Is there any after market gauges designed for an EP3 that are any good, I have found lots of universal ones on eBay but most require cutting in to the top hose, ideally I’d like to use the original probe hole in the new radiator for either an electrical or mechanical type.
  40. Si-85

Ok so as per title I am wondering wether or not I should leave the fan off the radiator for my track car build. I received my new 35mm aluminium radiator today and when trying to swap I found the original fans do not line up very well at all, should I send the radiator back or just run...
  41. Si-85

Ok so today my radiator came so I have just been to fit it but unfortunately the bolt holes for the fans don’t line up so guess it will have to go back :(
  42. Si-85

Best Petrol and oils to use

Yep totally agree, I have always run my cars on Shell or BP ultimate, I do 50k a year in my daily car and find it works out about the same price anyway due to the extra mpg I get.
  43. Si-85

Would there be any benefit at all to run one anyway? If not then that’s more money saved to spend elsewhere but if it will be a bit benificial then I’d be happy putting one on anyway. Cheers
  44. Si-85

Cheers guys. I spoke to TDI North and they recommended 5w40 and also to get an Oil cooler.
  45. Si-85

I know this is an old thread but didn’t want to start a new one. I need to service my on going track car build and read through this thread so looked in to the 5w40 Fuchs oil and found there are 2 types, Fully synthetic (super syn) or Fully synthetic (Race pro S) the car will only be used on...
  46. Si-85

Ok so just found a JDM rear ARB which I will buy but doesn’t come with bushes, is there any recommended bushes to put on at the same time? TIA
  47. Si-85

Cool, sounds like I need to invest in a JDM ARB then ;) mine is on eibach 40mm springs with a FRSU but don’t think I’ll track it like that though. Just received my radiator so that’s this weekends job along with a few other bits and bats.
  48. Si-85

Good advise thank you, this is why I needed to join this forum as I could have gone out and spent a load of money on stuff I didn’t need, also to find out what is good and what isn’t (brands) is very helpful. Thanks
  49. Si-85

Yes of course, sorry I was thinking of a strut brace, my bad. It’s because I have literally jut been looking at at them for the front. Do you think the rear ARB is an important upgrade? What about a front ARB and also a strut brace? Thank you for your advice, as you can tell I need it
  50. Si-85

LSD is something I have looked in to and in time will most likely do it. Is a rear ARB more important than a front? Rear camber arms will be done when the suspension is done also. A K100 & map will also be done in time once I’ve got to grips with the car and got the handling set up. Not...
  51. Si-85

Thanks Partyvan. Yes the stoptech are something I have been looking at. I want to get the car track worthy for the summer and as mentioned I am on a budget so to begin with I’ll be putting some rpb discs with ds2500 pads and braided hoses until I find I am outdoing them. I have made a decision...
  52. Si-85

Hi, ok so first of all I better introduce myself and say Hi. I bought a 30th Anniversary Milano Red EP3 and I am currently converting in to a dedicated track car, so any and all advise on must have items will be appreciated. I have lots of questions to ask but all in good time. I started by...
Back