• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

FK8 Seat repair for FK8 Type R

Thanks VTECMattC - do you think the trimmer will be able to undertake seat repairs including sourcing new seat parts rather than a simple case of adding new "surface" material?
  2. J

FK8 Seat repair for FK8 Type R

I've noticed that the right-hand driver's side bolster (rigid foam?) on the seat upright has effectively become detached from the frame and digs into my side when I'm seated in the car. I'm assuming this has been a gradual degradation with me getting in and out of the car over time. I was...
  3. J

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

Do you think they've definitely fixed the overheating issues? 10 degrees doesn't sound like much.
  4. J

FK8 FK8 overheating

A cold Bedford today and its amazing how much quicker the car was (in a straight line) compared to when I was there in the summer. I hit 137mph on the long straight and power stayed consistent for lap after lap. In the summer after a couple of laps the car wouldn't hit 130mph. That's a big...
  5. J

FK8 FK8 overheating

I wasn't aware of that. Certainly on the old gen NSX the air con didn't appear to disengage "With air conditioning running: Max hp = 221.1, Max Torque = 172. The curve looks exactly the same except the line shift down to the right. The 10HP power loss is not bad at all."...
  6. J

FK8 FK8 overheating

My german is marginal but I think he comments on the air con not blowing cold on track towards the end of the vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyQvVaoE_Uc
  7. J

What did you do to your Type R today?

Found this related video - 8:50 - fixed cooling issues apparently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMxvEK4T8cA
  8. J

FK8 FK8 overheating

Heat issues? 4 seconds slower than previous lap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWBV-WMTQI
  9. J

That is not bad. I recall an NSX wing is circa £3k :eek:
  10. J

FK8 FK8 overheating

Thanks. When my gauge gets near the top I usually come off the track as performance has degraded a fair amount. I prefer colder track days out of peak season anyway, but it bugs me that the car isn't really designed for track work :D
  11. J

FK8 FK8 overheating

Out of interest how long did it take after the temperature gauge was pegged for the coolant light to come on? I think the car is OK in 15 degrees or less with air con off - any more than that and I think it struggles
  12. J

Thanks, will take a look.
  13. J

Is there a downside to using DS2500?
  14. J

Interesting re the Contis. When I was at Bedford I pumped them up (when cold) to the high speed setting (as identified on the driver's door). Was way too high. I now have them set at normal pressures and they've been fine. Yes, think my front disks have a lot of ad material on them - getting...
  15. J

Yes, think I have done that but rear pads are still getting eaten at twice the speed of the fronts. Maybe that's normal.
  16. J

Just to add that I (hopefully) fully disable any stability control (which I understand chews the rear pads) by holding down the stability control button for 10 seconds while in R mode.
  17. J

I was 4 up with a bootful of booze at the ring and it was 28 degrees. I was taking it pretty easy and the gauge was right at the top. I've no idea how much warmer the car has to get before it goes into limp mode but I eased off and turned off air con. Bedford earlier this year was around 22...
  18. J

Did Snetterton yesterday. 17 degrees with occasional sunshine. Left aircon off. Car was well behaved with temperature gauge not going much over half way. Very pleased with that :D
  19. J

That's a good effort. My service warning indicator came on just as I'd started a lap of the 'ring. Not ideal :eek:
  20. J

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Seems very slow compared to Sutcliffe's 45.8. Reading the magazine I think conditions were variable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ9mFuqdOZ0
  21. J

FK8 FK8 as a Daily (High Mileage) Driver??

Just back from a 6 day 1800 mile European tour. The Civic was great (with the exception of my 'ring comment on the other thread) and very comfortable to do long distances in. Rock solid on the Autobahn and comfort mode works a treat on the crap Belgian roads. I'm at 24k miles in 15months...
  22. J

I took the Civic to an evening session at the ring last night. Before I continue, in the Civic's defence..... It was a warm evening (27 degrees) We were 4 up with a boot full of booze/luggage I had the air con on full (but it tends to stop blowing cold when the engine gets hot) Half...
  23. J

Unless they've fixed the inability for the car do a number of laps without overheating I'm not sure how much demand there will be. Certainly none of my previous Renaults had any issues.
  24. J

FK8 Goodwood FoS...

Yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atNosTtdUaE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60cxIFwHJNU
  25. J

New tyres

You've probably answered this before, but is there an easy way to know which one is which? There are two on Blackcircles - one for £221 and one for £237 - I'm not sure which one is which. Camskill tell me it is this one...
  26. J

FK8 Has my variable service indicator been tuned off by the dealer?

Is that unusual for 18k miles?
  27. J

Yes that's what mine shows. Could be me misunderstanding :D
  28. J

I thought the countdown timer was variable? I've had 3 services in a year/18000 miles.
  29. J

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

I was thinking of restricting revs as my initial workaround but seems that doesn't work :(
  30. J

I'm surprised you had the issue on the ring where there is lots of high speed airflow. I had the temperature gauge near the top on a warm spring day at Bedford a few weeks ago.
  31. J

Is that Bridge to Gantry or full lap?
  32. J

FK8 Brakes

Is Cox considered the best place to go for OE discs and pads? https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/honda-civic-type-r/2017-civic-type-r/2017-civic-type-r-brake-discs-pads/ Would also be interested to know if anyone has an idea of the ratio of disc to pad replacements? There doesn't seem...
  33. J

FK8 Brakes

I'm just about to replace my rear pads and will see how the wear is going forward assuming I do more track days with TC off in Type R mode.
  34. J

New tyres

I plugged in an OBD reader I had and it gave me some data but not to the level that the guys on the US forum are getting. Time for some more investigation without getting caught spending hours on the car by the Mrs :)
  35. J

FK8 Brakes

My understanding is that even if you disable TC there is still some rear wheel braking to get the nose turned in. https://www.civicx.com/threads/dynoing-the-fk8-preparation-procedure-and-avoiding-chassis-safety-mode.30598/
  36. J

New tyres

Thanks Veehexx, you are obviously a lot further down the trackday optimisation journey than me :D I'm tempted to get some Cup2s and fit over the summer months before switching back to Contis once the trackday season is over. I'll keep an eye out for the new Goodyears, thanks. I'm not sure...
  37. J

New tyres

Had a track day at Bedford today. Front Contis took a bit of battering. What tyre pressures do people tend to run while on track? Think I was running too high. Was thinking of alternative, longer wearing tyres such as the P4S, but this (new?) test using a Type R has the Contis out in front so...
  38. J

FK8 FK8 in the wall at Anglesey...

I wonder if he had stability turned off, and if on (in sport mode) how quickly it would intervene.
  39. J

FK8 K&N Performance Air Filter?

Friend of mine has both old and new. If he had to sell one it would be the new one. Just got back from Dubai and popped into a Honda dealer - they have it even worse than our dealers. No Type R, no NSX. Just an endless drizzle of Jazz and whatever else they sell. Felt a bit sorry for them -...
  40. J

The proper one :D.
  41. J

There were certainly deposits left in the inlet tract of my NSX so some would've gone into the engine. No idea of the long term effects.
  42. J

The non-OEM filter may not remove particles that would be filtered by the OEM equivalent - something that has been witnessed over on the NSX forum.
  43. J

New tyres

I recall the original NSX wheels are approx £1k a pop.
  44. J

New tyres

Having just replaced the knackered Contis with a new set the difference in grip and ride comfort is night and day - was very surprised by the difference.
  45. J

New tyres

Tricky to tell from the below I think? https://www.camskill.co.uk/m63b0s2147p129677/Continental_Tyres_Car_Continental_ContiSportContact_6_Continental_Conti_Sport_Contact_6_-_245_30_R20_%2890Y%29_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_72dB...
  46. J

New tyres

I think softer sidewalls of the PS4S is what is putting me off. https://www.camskill.co.uk/m63b3802s2147p159045/Continental_Tyres_Car_Continental_ContiSportContact_6_Continental_Conti_Sport_Contact_6_-_245_30_R20_%2890Y%29_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_72dB...
  47. J

I think Cup2s make a big difference so all 3 should've been tested on the same tyre
  48. J

New tyres

I'm not sure I agree - I've had (non assy) GSD3s on my NSX and the lack of stiff sidewall (compared to RE050s) was very apparent. If you read the latest EVO tyre test they mention the difference in steering precision (which I reckon will be down to sidewall stiffness in part) between Conti and...
  49. J

Type R Rivals

It's a great car
  50. J

An enjoyable car. Not sold on the noisy exhaust, but probably 80% of the Civic's ability for 80% of the price. Deserves to do well, and credit to Hyundai for putting on a great day
  51. J

New tyres

Not sure the Dunlop's are as sporty a tyre as the Conti or PS4S
  52. J

New tyres

Correction - EVO tested the 4S
  53. J

New tyres

Yes, just learnt that today.:lol: EVO tested the Contis against the 4, and it would seem that the 4S is a step up from both https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2018-Sport-Auto-UHP-and-Track-Day-Tyre-Test.htm https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2018-Auto-Bild-20-inch-UHP-Tyre-Test.htm...
  54. J

New tyres

Do you think the Cup2s are a step too far for 90% road, 10% track?
  55. J

I'm driving one on Sunday at Millbrook as part of their marketing campaign. Will let you know how they compare.
  56. J

New tyres

I thought the Contis tended to disintegrate on track?
  57. J

It did indeed. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the Trophy later this year
  58. J

Civic tested against Golf R and Megane in this month's EVO. Civic took 13.8 seconds to get to the ton which was a lot slower than when they last tested it. There's also a tyre test using 235/35 R19, so not too different sizewise from ours.
  59. J

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I can see why comparing 1st to 4th would make a difference as lag may mean the turbo is not fully up to speed until the revs are a lot higher in 1st, but comparing 4th to 6th I'm not sure the same is true. I don't see how load is much difference, surely by your reasoning you'd expect 6th to show...
  60. J

Anyone know why the max boost pressure is different depending on which gear you are in - I see up to 1.7 (kPa) in 4th but only 1.3 in 6th?
  61. J

Thanks Vortexhunter. Am building up to that!!:D
  62. J

I'm sure that these have already been answered anyway - questions from a newbie The 5 year servicing pack - is that just 5 services, or do they cover 5 years worth of driving up to a given mileage (given the Type R has a variable service indicator)? If I want to fit third party mats (didn't...
  63. J

Do you think Cup2s would be a big improvement?
  64. J

FK8 Discounts on GT

Afternoon all. Would appreciate what people think a fair price for this is, assuming no extras and without 5Y service plan https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201804035165153
  65. J

That FK8 seemed surprisingly quick - quarter mile in 13.6 is quicker than I've seen in road tests.
  66. J

They had around 285bhp
  67. J

FK8 FK8 added to Forza 7 yesterday

My mistake, had the detuned 235bhp version - "proper" version I have down to 8:18
  68. J

FK8 FK8 added to Forza 7 yesterday

Forza 7 model seems pretty slow along the long "start-finish" straight compared to the 7:43 lap record
  69. J

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

It's irrational, but I'm tempted by the non-GT, as I dream of having a stripped out special (when in reality the weight difference between the 2 is minimal). It's a stupid decision as I believe the non-GT is made to order so will have am x month wait. What am I really going to miss out on? My...
  70. J

FK8 Discounts on GT

Similar to me. I've had an NSX for 11 years but it gets very little use and deserves to go someone that will use it. Civic will be (almost) as much fun but something I'm happy to track and can take family in it.
  71. J

FK8 Discounts on GT

Thank you for info. Are you sad to see the GT4 go?
  72. J

FK8 Discounts on GT

Spot on, £1,500 off!
  73. J

FK8 Discounts on GT

Submitted a carwow quote - will let you know what they come back with.
  74. J

FK8 Discounts on GT

Morning all, thank you for your replies. Numbers I have are as follows List price £33,525 Paint £525 5Y servicing £599 Customer care package £350 Total pre discount £34,999 I hadn't really though about ex...
  75. J

FK8 Discounts on GT

Hi All. I'm thinking of purchasing a GT with £525 paint and the 5 year servicing (£599) and extra couple of years warranty £350) and have been offered £1,000 off, so £34,000 all in. Anyone have an opinion on whether that's a good price? I'm in the South East if it makes any difference...
Back