• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

DMF PERFORMANCE 300bhp Development N/A Engine Photos

Yes, a true 300hp 2.0L will cost circa £35k (retail), thats the sort of money some race teams spend, if not more... Peeps I know and have dealing with in the UK, work a lot with the most respected US engine developers hand in hand.... hence the statement I made about 2.0L+, you should be...
  2. T

I thought so.... But being blunt with you... if you had said 300bhp from a 2.0L K series NA.. then that would have been something special...... However, increased CC and 300bhp isn't that much to talk about.... Just my own opinion... knowing a little about what goes on in the US...
  3. T

From the pics... I would guess... Block lined Enlarged valves (maybe) Pistons, thus maybe increased Comp Ratio... (but they don't look that special, so wont be silly compression) Maybe an increase in CC.... All I will say, I hope it's been lined correctly.. the K series is very difficult to...
  4. T

K20a genuine tested dyno figures

As always Graham, I have to be a little cryptic in what I can say.....(Mike, as you must know, the tuning business is very 'cut' throat...) As I said above, the poeple I'm dealing with here in the UK have partners that they work with over the pond... most of the design / develpment work is...
  5. T

Some interesting comments.. and good to see someone been realistic when it comes to cost... The 'team' that Im involved with have been developing and testing (extensively) their products for the K series for well over 3 years now... and still none our avaiable to the public... Many of these...
  6. T

Just to clear up the BTCC K series engine... They run on high cam only, no vtec... All BTTC car run the same throttle body, which is quite a bit smaller than the OEM unit, they also run the same ECU's... My understanding, is that Neil Brown's Engineering (supplier of Team Dynamics etc)...
  7. T

Some interesting comments..... However... you can get 290 > 300bhp NA out of 2000cc from the Honda K series...... That's all I can say..... Mike
  8. T

FN2 Mods.... Engine Check light On

To get 300BHP NA, reliable power.... You need a large budget!! around £25k+ :eek: (if you retain 2.0L) This will solve all the K series weak design areas, liner the block, run a completely stand alone ECU (pref, Motorsport type), etc etc... The budget could be less if you go over the...
  9. T

FN2 price? true?

Just to point out... the base model is 'base' It will not have: AC (as above) Stereo Rear Parcel Shelf etc This is all to save weight and give performance compariable to other OEM's performance cars...
  10. T

FD2 New CTR prototype for F1 Japan

Nick I was guessing the JDM car will have VSA, I might be wrong... The US Si Civic does not have VSA, hence why it's got LSD, I also noticed it's running 197bhp according to HAM web site. If the JDM does not have VSA, then it will get an LSD.... before you ask, I do not know.... the...
  11. T

FD2 New CTR prototype for F1 Japan

Here are my thoughts..... The four door is longer than the 3/5dr due to the rear boot, that sticks out further = More Metal, thus Weight. It has two additional doors = More Weight Therefore, my conclusion, if it has more power compared to the Euro Civic Type-R, then the BHP per tone...
  12. T

DC2 DB8 DC5 EP3 JRSC into DC5

This will be my last post on this subject, as it's now gone off topic tbh.... If people are concerned / worried then they should consult their tuner, who should discuss this, in fact tbh they should make the customer aware of any issues / consequence when they made the original purchase...
  13. T

I can't say much tbh...... The people have been working on the K series for two years + , pulling it apart, trying stuff and learning it's weakness / strengths... The knowledge they have gained is 'theirs', so would they share it free of charge :?: After all, everyone would copy if it's...
  14. T

Pete Thanks for the reply... I may have read your original post wrong... I was running 8 / 9 psi tops... no more..... I have been told my engine maybe would have done another 10k miles then a new engine block would have been require / re-sleaving.... I saw the post about the smoking...
  15. T

Funny how you do not believe me Pete :?: (Partly why nowadays I do not post on many forums now.... people do not like to hear the nasty truth..... Not sure why IÂ’m making these comments either :? ) I have the evidence at home, actually makes up a display... esp the pistons / con-rods...
  16. T

CPL in Max power!

All I will say is hummmmmmmmmmmmm :shock:
  17. T

AEM ECU

You should know this Paul, but the K series is very exhuast system sensative.... espically if going from OEM manifold/cat to a free flow 4-2-1 manifold then new exhaust. I do agree for most users the K-Pro is fine, but for those well advance on the tuning curve the little extra safety other...
  18. T

AEM ECU

Paul, Please clear this up for me..... Was the dyno run on that car done before or after the addition of the new bits he had fitted ? If it was done after, no wonder their was a difference in powerÂ… IÂ’m sure if the owner had persisted with the AEM the result would have been similar if...
  19. T

AEM ECU

So you don't call a AEM a motorsport ECU then Paul... How come these have been used in F1 cars in the past then :?:
  20. T

The new Civic

Hummmm Wish we were told November........... they will have a while to wait then, mass pro isn't until X!
  21. T

S2000 & NSX Fitted Spoon ECU last night (s2000)

To stop people playing with them! Just like the 06 ECU's --- Tamper proof plastic seal key on them!
  22. T

That explains why it ran ok, no immobiliser system to bypass like on Euro spec cars... also JDM's don't have the unique Honda bolt holding the ECU in place.
  23. T

Quick Question, is yours a JDM S2K? I ask, as this might explain why it was so quick. Mike
  24. T

Spare engine?

As Above, also reduce your PSI.... 8PSI on standard internals, especially doing a track.... is asking for trouble :!:
  25. T

Suggestions please (for the car)

I would take Sara's advice... Handling Lighten the car Maybe even consider some lessons for trackdays, this does make you quicker etc.... (once mimes sorted this winter, then I will do this)
  26. T

Standard Internals what maximum power

OK, but at least I know that my chap knows and works with people that do this for race cars and endurance racing..... Rather than a 15 second thrill on the drag strip.... I wont say no more, as I could get myself into trouble and legal issues....
  27. T

RIP EP3.....

Just thought u may like to know.... Tomorrow is the last time a EP3 will be made... production stops :!:
  28. T

There is one Co he would consider using, but they are very busy with F1 engines and they are not cheap +£2000 ! It's cheaper, after tax etc, to get them done in the US... Quite Sad, but as you know, the US are 2.5 yrs advanced when it comes to knowing and tuning Honda's
  29. T

He would get a block lined by his business partners in the US Pete. His doing business models atm to show how this would work i.e. a 4 week lead time..
  30. T

Not atm.... sorry his busy and is about to launch his own company selling lots of proven packages to all Honda owners... not sure on the timing, but it shouldn't be much longer...
  31. T

The FI crower cams, caused a RSX owner who tried them on his with a JRSC had nothing but trouble...... I wouldn't buy any cams until I knew that they worked for the FI route... If your going to do it, then you had better line the block.... but my new tuner has got no confidence that or...
  32. T

New Civic In Germany

Pete, those in the pic are the show ones, they are 18" :shock: (same ones as fitted to the car I saw last week at work) They will be a dealer fit option for the 5 door.
  33. T

New Civic In Germany

Yet another wrong colour choice to show :x They showed one at work to us Associates last week, now that did look the part... It was one of the new darker metalic colours.. the new Silver looks good, even good old Milano Red looks good in it :)
  34. T

Gauges (anyone help)

If you want function over looks, then SPA Design ones are good. These are digital and duel function.... Just another option Mike
  35. T

HAMP Oil Filters on Ebay

Your learning the mod controls then Stu :wink:
  36. T

9psi max injector duty question!

I now have a couple of the items which have wear to them from my car... However, photo's wont show it to a good effect. The biggest wear item, was the cylinder bores, but was only found by measurement.... lets just say, my engine was like it had done 60K+ miles, when my car never had this...
  37. T

9psi max injector duty question!

My 650 cc injectors ran at 70 > 72 % duty on 8psi last year. That may help..... But knowing what I know now, and from what I have been told.... I would never run standard internals at more than 7psi. Bound to get flamed for making this statement yet again.......... :shock: Even with...
  38. T

Supercharged Civic

Pete, the first signs are starting to show....... Wispers I hear from over the pond, with those that know etc etc...
  39. T

Supercharged Civic

Paul, what happened to mine, will happen to others, may just take a little longer..... The biggest advice I will give for free, especially for boosted cars that go on track, then also fit a external oil cooler and make sure your have good instrumentation :!:
  40. T

Supercharged Civic

All I will say, is my engine aged dramatically at 8psi.....
  41. T

Cut slicks?

Some choice on here: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b0s0p0 Gives you an idea and how much they cost :!: Mike
  42. T

Thought I would share, before winter work .....

The bonnet is a genuine C West one, the spoiler is a Mugen Copy (that's why it's fully carbon fiber, a real Mugen one isn't carbon in the middle section). As to the change, lets just say it will allow me to enjoy the car again (without worry :!: ) and do trackdays :idea: Mike
  43. T

Thought I would share, before winter work .....

Hi Took some pics of my car today, and thought I would post a few and leave a link. These photos will more than likely be the last ones of this year, my teg will be away for winter soon, having a 'major' change done :shock: Link...
  44. T

Supercharged Civic

Just a piece of advise, take it or leave it :? Your running too much boost on standard internals for a car that does trackdays (looking at your photo's).... Can't and wont go into details, I know from experience though :o
  45. T

New Civic Type R

I think you have missed the point...... It's very subtle... certain markets wont get certain 'types' of cars. I may even have ideas ref the other :?:
  46. T

AEM ECU

The AEM has less Res than the Honda unit, but then your engine only uses one or two maps at most when on full throttle. The OEM has many maps, to get the best optimum out of the car when on part throttle -- helps the car to meet emission laws etc. Just to point out, 10 secs is a very...
  47. T

New Civic Type R

I shouldn't post this...... Honda has set different body styles for different markets for the Civic i.e. Asian Pacific (Japan etc) get 4 doors Civic North American get 2 and 4 doors Civic European get 3 and 5 doors Civic This may tell you something :idea:
  48. T

CTR end of the line

FYI Production stops in week 37 :!:
Back