• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Grunty

if you want your head to explode in rage

Aberdeen and Shire is historically very low car crime, which means insurance has always been favourable (well as favourable as it gets). Hopefully these incidents won't start to push things up.
  2. Grunty

if you want your head to explode in rage

I can. Grampian Police must be amongst the worst for letting crap like this carry on for too long.
  3. Grunty

D2 coilovers any good???

I found them very harsh on my DC5. Also poor quality. There is more than 1 thread on here saying the same thing.
  4. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Dc5 coilovers

It's a problem with the coilovers. There is a thread over on the DC5 forum about it. I think it only affects the DC5 coilovers though. Think EP3 etc are fine.
  5. Grunty

DC5 bought - it's a long way home. :-)

This must be a new thing with Sky. They insured me on a DC5 when I was 22/23.
  6. Grunty

Lightweight Flywheels

I recently had the Competition Clutch one that TGM were doing a deal on fitted to my DC5 along with a Competion Clutch stage one clutch. Definitely feels like the car revs more freely. But as Loxy says it is a bit more jumpy in traffic, guess it will take a bit of getting used too.
  7. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 owner age

Got mine when I was 21, insurance was just over a grand, but I did have a very good postcode for insurance. 25 now and insurance is 550.
  8. Grunty

Getting a quote for DC5 Type R online ?

Direct line just gave me a surprisingly good quote online. However online they have nowhere to add modifications so I expect that to go up a bit when I phone to get them added.
  9. Grunty

Jazz washer jets on my DC5

Just did this last week. I keep squirting my screen just because it's something new. I'm a loser who is easily pleased!!
  10. Grunty

Re-Map Aberdeen

Never used them for a map but they have done other work on my car. They didn't used to have that great a reputation but over the last few years it has definately improved due to the change of ownership. Do a lot of work on Evo's and Imprezas, as well as a couple of cars for Time Attack so they...
  11. Grunty

Which is better coilover for EP3 street drive ? Tein, D2 Racing or others ?

Avoid D2 like the plague. Utter crap. A view that will be echoed by more than me I would think.
  12. Grunty

DC5 Type R Number 3 - Another J's exhaust ordered lol wut

I have that on my DC5. Just standard B pipe though. Sounds good, and I like the look!
  13. Grunty

Renewal time.

Insurance is going up for quite a few people, 120% is a little extreme however, even 49% is a bit much. I would be having a shop around if i was you!
  14. Grunty

Buddy Club Pro Spec on a DC5??

When I was selling my one for the DC5 I was told it wouldn't fit the EP3.
  15. Grunty

I think I'm starting to really like these..

From pictures I havent liked them but saw one on the road and thought it was quite nice. Don't think I would have one though.
  16. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Integra DC5 - acceptable offset for alloy wheels

I was told not to go any lower than 45 over on ITR-DC5.com
  17. Grunty

Wheel Refurb - Aberdeen

Yeah you have to take the wheels to them without tyres, I was quoted 45 quid a wheel (18 inch) a while back but I ended up getting mine done for free through Turriff Tyres due to an issue with the original colour coming off the wheels. I'm not aware of anywhere local who will take the car in...
  18. Grunty

Wheel Refurb - Aberdeen

Does it have to be Aberdeen? PPS in Inverurie are pretty good i have heard and not that far away.
  19. Grunty

Long shot - Vauxhall Astra related

Was speaking to Dod at the weekend, forgot to mention it to him actually.
  20. Grunty

Long shot - Vauxhall Astra related

I realise that this is probably a bit of a long shot but I have a Vauxhall Astra related question. One of you may be a member of an Astra/Vauxhall forum or have past experience. My better half has a 56 plate Astra Sri. I can't change the clock and she cant find the manual to tell me how to...
  21. Grunty

Tyre Prices???

Camskill are usually amongst the cheapest places.
  22. Grunty

What's your age? Do you drive a Type R?

I'm 23 and have a DC5 which i got when i was 21. I had an EP3 at 21 as well.
  23. Grunty

Type R Owners INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

I also understand to an a certain degree, but companies like Sky take each case individually.
  24. Grunty

Losing a lot of business just point blank refusing under 25's i would have thought.
  25. Grunty

D2 coilovers

Agreed, not well made at all.
  26. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs ep3 type r

As with a few people on here I have had both EP3 and DC5. Make the change you wont regret it. I personally think that it feels much nicer to drive. I love it. Have thought about chaging but there is nothing that I want apart from some BOOST but I am buying a house soon so the DC5 will be...
  27. Grunty

Cheap GruppeM copy

What about DC5?
  28. Grunty

Do you cover imports (DC5)? Not due for renewal just quite yet but a lot of companies don't so thought I would ask.
  29. Grunty

GROUP BUY - GruppeM

If it works out to be a decent price you can put me down for a DC5 one.
  30. Grunty

Which Coilover's?

I also had problems with D2's on my DC5.
  31. Grunty

Which Coilover's?

BC coilovers have been getting some very good write ups. Seem to be popular with evo and Impreza owners.
  32. Grunty

Shaenei's Cosmic EP3 **Premier Recaro Seats Fitted ** Page 36

Me too, worked in Halfrauds to fund myself through uni.
  33. Grunty

Need advice/help..... DC5 or EP3 Premier???

And Flux are usually among the best when it comes to DC5's. Thats who I'm with.
  34. Grunty

My Black DC5

I'd second that!!! Mine were just over a year old and started p*ssing oil everywhere.
  35. Grunty

2001 dc5 or 2005 ep3 premier?

Same for me.
  36. Grunty

Alternative to RBC ?

Nick do you know if these guys deliver to the UK as there is a lot of things on their website that I want.
  37. Grunty

Has anyone used one of these...

I've always been under the impression that if a camera detector picks up a mobile one (radar) it is basically just telling you that you have been done.
  38. Grunty

ARC

I did have that thought as well.
  39. Grunty

ARC

I have no idea if the same kit fits but I'm between this and the Gruppe M for my DC5. Just not sure what the ARC sounds like. I will have to see if i can find any clips on YouTube.
  40. Grunty

Compomotive

If you are going to put 18's on then the car needs to be lowered IMO. Sits to high otherwise. When I had my Civic I had 18's on it, was run for 1 week without lowering and looked stupid.
  41. Grunty

What's in your Civic?

Lynx in the spare wheel well and baby's adidas trainers.
  42. Grunty

Some photos of my DC5

Right, I have been playing with my Dad's camera again, I don't think the results are any better than my last effort though. Here goes anyway. I was going to get rid as I got myself a new job and thought I would get a new car, however I have decided I like it too much. So instead I...
  43. Grunty

v power etc.

I'm the same. Definately seem to get more with v-power.
  44. Grunty

AEM cleaning

Sounds like the Dryflow filter then. I got the fluid from Funkypower in the end.
  45. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Gearbox Oil - DC5

FYI 1.5 litres according to Opie.
  46. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Gearbox Oil - DC5

Does anyone know how much gearbox oil I will need to purchase? I'm changing the oil and getting a new clutch for the DC5 but not sure how much oil the gearbox holds. Cheers
  47. Grunty

black roof and bonnet

There is a white bug eye Impreza that goes about up my way with a carbon bonnet and black roof and carbon blade on the spoiler. Looks rather nice. I considered painting the roof of my DC5 black. I know it was popular amonst VW owners a while back. Not sure if it still is. Apparently it...
  48. Grunty

nut advice

It was Unit 8 I got mine from, I maybe just got a dodgy batch but I wouldn't buy them again. There was no problems putting them back though.
  49. Grunty

nut advice

I had a set of red Muteki ones when I had my Civic. They were sent straight back, as soon as I put a socket on them all the colour started to flake off.
  50. Grunty

Some photos of my DC5

I don't think there is any doubting that a proper kit like the Gruppe M will give better results but for my purposes I think the V2 is fine, loads of people run them with no problems. I'm sure with a heatsheild and cold air feed it will be even better. Sounds really good too, sounds best...
  51. Grunty

Some photos of my DC5

I'm never really sitting in traffic which I believe is when it really suffers most and we never get warm weather up here, so no don't really suffer from it. It's being taken off this weekend to be cleaned though as its filthy. I am going to attempt to make a cold air feed and I have a mate...
  52. Grunty

Some photos of my DC5

Thanks for the comments guys. I will make an effort to get some daylight photos at some point.
  53. Grunty

new head unit wont turn on??

Have you connected back up the plug to the hazard switch? If not that could be the problem.
  54. Grunty

Some photos of my DC5

Maybe, but I'm skint!! So will be staying as is for now.
  55. Grunty

Some photos of my DC5

I gave my car a bit of a clean tonight so decided to take some pictures. But the light was going fast and I took the wrong lens with my Dad's camera, so in short the photos are not great. But here they are anyway. The wheels probably aren't to everyones taste, to be honest I'm still...
  56. Grunty

A Good Deal?

Sky wouldn't drop mine by adding my mum either, they were actually a bit "off " I felt when I said my mum would be on the policy as well, it was the way they said oh that won't have any effect on the policy, I politely said back that doesn't matter she does use the car, can't have her driving...
  57. Grunty

Help with Rays wheels

I think so. When I have my car parked next to my dads berlingo van it stands out a mile, it doesn't look that much of an off white if the car is on its own or amongst other CW cars but against another white car/van then yeah it is noticable.
  58. Grunty

Aftermarket Headunit Removal!

What kind of stereo? If its an alpine you need an aerial adaptor.
  59. Grunty

AEM cleaning

Cool, I was looking on their site but couldn't see it. I'll give them a shout tomorrow.
  60. Grunty

AEM cleaning

Bit of a thread revival here. My V2 has the DryFlow filter on it (not the K&N mesh type), according to AEM when you clean it your meant to use Dryflow cleaning solution but I can't find anywhere that sells it. Anyone know? I think it's different to the K&N kit becuase as mentioned up the...
  61. Grunty

A Good Deal?

Yeah they did ask, I had a CTR before so that helped a bit. I'm not even in Aberdeen, I'm another 30 odd miles further north in the sticks so it all helps. If you really want the car I guess you've got to just bite the bullet and go for it.
  62. Grunty

A Good Deal?

Seems a bit pricey to me but depends on your post code I suppose. I'm £899 through Adrian Flux. I'm 22, got 6 points and 3 years no claims, mods are also covered. Excess is £450 if IIRC. But I do have a good post code as far as insurance is concerned.
  63. Grunty

D2 Racing Rear Camber arms

You'll need front camber bolts as well.
  64. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Standard exhausts??

I think that was probably my fault!:p
  65. Grunty

This thread has went way off topic already so what the hell. I remember reading in Zoo or Nuts a few years ago about some guy in Thailand or somewhere like that was charged for doing a dog, his defence in court was that the dog was acting sexy! I'm not sure how true that is bearing in mind I...
  66. Grunty

Personally I leave the livestock alone but in the past there has been a few cases of it reported. A couple of years ago there was a guy not far away was caught standing on a wooden box giving a cow a seeing to.
  67. Grunty

I do have a rather good post code as far as insurance is concerned. I'm 35 miles north of Aberdeen out in the sticks.:sheep:
  68. Grunty

Adrian Flux were good for me. £899 fulyy comp. 22 years old, 6 points and 3 years no claims. Mods declared as well.
  69. Grunty

Alloy wheel cleaner

Beat me to it!
  70. Grunty

Alloy wheel cleaner

I like the Autoglym Custom Wheel cleaner a lot. It's not acidic either which is nice.
  71. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 White ITRs. .

I agree CW FTW!!:D
  72. Grunty

Engine Hosing/Tubing

The red hosing around the battery is an earthing kit is it not?
  73. Grunty

D2 Racing Rear Camber arms

I've got them on my DC5 an no problems with them. Their coilovers on the other hand...:evil:
  74. Grunty

Pics of low white ep3

Don't get me wrong my car is lowered, and lowereing a car usually makes it look better, but you can go to far and it will just end up ruining the handling.
  75. Grunty

Pics of low white ep3

Looks stupid IMO, too low, but whatever floats your boat.
  76. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Will J's front strut brace fit with AEM V2?

I ended up getting a Spoon strut brace and it fitted fine, just incase anyone was interest.
  77. Grunty

reservoir covers

I think Unit 8 do the black Skunk ones.
  78. Grunty

help on induction kit

This is on my shopping list for my DC5, mainly because it looks :cool: It currently has a V2, I can't say it's given me any problems, sounds good and has been previously mentioned it is only really likely to suffer from heatsoak sitting in traffic and theres nothing stopping you using a cold...
  79. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Bulbs

Side lights are 501's I know that. Think there is a sticky on ITR-DC5 with all the bulb fitments listed.
  80. Grunty

Knew I had seen a thread on this somewhere. The folks over on ITR-DC5 seem to think a brace will fit. And a few said they have braces with V2's. The filter sits just slightly higher than the engine and photos I have seen with braces fitted to the DC5 don't look like it should be a problem...
  81. Grunty

Dare Rims

I've have Dare wheels. They look OK but the finish is crap. I had Drift RS' in the same colour as the ones in the link and the colour started flaking off within a month. It took a lot of arguing with Dare to get them to replace the wheels. However it could hae been a dodgy batch because the...
  82. Grunty

S2000 & NSX red badges

I like them:D
  83. Grunty

DVD Head Unit problem

If there is a screw/bolt like thing going into the back of the headunit earth it to that, just stick a ring terminal onto the wire.
  84. Grunty

DVD Head Unit problem

If you want it working while the handbrake is not on (which is what i think your getting at) you just need to earth the wire, you can splice into the earth wire on the headunit harness (the black one) with a scotch lock connector. I'm almost positive that it's a long green wire but it may also...
  85. Grunty

DVD Head Unit problem

I used to work in Halfords (please don't hold that against me!) when I was a student and if I remember correctly it's a long green wire on the Ripspeed DVD players.
  86. Grunty

Do e-tech make one for the DC5? I haven't seen one if they do.
  87. Grunty

Any helpful comments?:p It does for my purposes just now, it was on the car when i bought it and it sounds pretty good, I know theres probably no gains to be had from having it on. I want an ARC box but can't stretch to the cost of one just now.
  88. Grunty

I'm almost positive that this has been asked already but I can't find the thread.:confused: I think the answer was no, but I've been looking at some pictures and I can't see it being a problem. If it won't fit does anybody know of a strut brace that will fit with the V2? Cheers
  89. Grunty

Agreed! I got a much better deal buying private.
  90. Grunty

Probably best that way. I went down to dickson's to look at one before I bought my one and they weren't great to deal with. I couldn't test drive the car the day I went down, which was fine but I said I would be quite happy to go back down the following weekend and could I have a go then. The...
  91. Grunty

Is the one your thinking about at Dicksons by any chance?
  92. Grunty

few donny pics

Love the car. I've been toying with the idea of different colour wheels. Was thinking maybe orange, but i'll probaly pussy out!!:lol:
  93. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Couple of quick DC5 questions

I've got 2 sets of springs. One set are cobra that I didn't like when they were on the Civic and I can't remember for the life of me what the other set are. Both sets are sitting in a mates garage just now. I also have a set of D2 coilovers that came with the DC5. They weren't fitted because...
  94. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Couple of quick DC5 questions

I've got two questions and I think both should be relatively straight forward. 1st one is regarding lowering springs, I still have the springs that I lowered my CTR on, i only had them on the car for about 3000 miles so they are still fairly new, will these fit the DC5? I think the answer is...
  95. Grunty

CTR @ 20

I wouldn't think under 2k would be much of a problem. I was only 750 ish (can't remember exactly) when i was 21 with 2 years no claims and 6 points. That was with admiral. I also have a mate who insured one at 19 for £1400. Can't remember who he was with though.
  96. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Rear wiper relay - DC5

Can a different wiper relay be put in for the rear wiper on the DC5 and if so any idea of part numbers? I ask because when the rear wiper is on it is constantly on, i.e there is no delay between wipes as there is on most cars, i just want it to go every 20 seconds or so. Cheers
  97. Grunty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

I'm in the process of buying a DC5 just now. Admiral are quoting me just over £1200. I'm 21, almost 22, have 6 points and 3 years ncb. Also my mum is on as a named driver, was 400 quid more without her on the policy. Not to bad I thought.
  98. Grunty

Audi A3 Sportback

I went and test drove an A3 tdi 140 sport yesterday. It was a 53 plate. I liked it a lot and would have bought it if iit didn't have a minging cream leather interior with matching cream dash plastics. The civic is bankrupting me with my daily comute.
  99. Grunty

Bell.co.uk

2 companies would not accept it, granted they weren't some of the more mainstream companies. On both occasions they asked who my previous insurance was with and when i said bell they made a point of telling me that they would not accept 2 10 month policies as 2 years no claims. In the end i...
  100. Grunty

Bell.co.uk

My experience with bell was good enough quote for the first year, it is only 10 months though and a lot of companies will not accept this as full no claims. I found this with two companies when i was trying to ensure my type R. However after the first year and despite having no claims the...
Back