• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Scott Whitelaw

What's NEW???

I'm doing fine Seano - what about yourself? Is that car of yours back on the road again? I have been looking for a new car to play with, not a clue what though... DC5, Clio V6 and even pondered with just buying a new Fiesta TDCI for cheapness. Will keep my X reg diesel fiesta for now...
  2. Scott Whitelaw

What's NEW???

If you have heaps of money get an M90 supercharger from Moss motors, get a built K24 power plant, go to someone who can custom fabricate a intake manifold for the larger charger, sort out the pully arrangement etc..... Wee Kpro Tune Say hello to a supercharged monster. Also say hello to...
  3. Scott Whitelaw

nitrous oxide

yea you need to watch where your filling it up.... I had a few refils up here in scotland, got the bottle filled up with nothing but air...... owned big time!!!
  4. Scott Whitelaw

nitrous oxide

not bad at all in he right measure and its set up properly. Speak to the likes of CPL or TDI about it - sure they will give you a price etc. They do vary depending on few things like progressive controllers etc. If its only a 50 shot then you should be able to manage this via kpro no problem
  5. Scott Whitelaw

supercharging... maintenance, servicing etc...

MORE BOOST NEIL - GIVE IT SOME MORE BOOST :lol: :twisted: See you at Japshow mate - Get your driving hat on and break my record ;)
  6. Scott Whitelaw

Maximum Boost

Why you putting it on the dyno anyway mate?
  7. Scott Whitelaw

Maximum Boost

It expired on the CPL dyno when the customer was advised not to increase the boost on the stock engine, he did not want to take Guy's advise and wanted to press on with the boost increase....... then we all know what happened.
  8. Scott Whitelaw

Maximum Boost

1st engine blew up on the dyno when the customer was told not to go more boost until a built engine. 2nd engine blew up after 15 months of useage - not knowing what has been done to it. Yea CPL are a fault there for sure.... every car they touch should be warranted for life...... People...
  9. Scott Whitelaw

Maximum Boost

50 EP3's I was talking about. No idea about any turbo S2K's
  10. Scott Whitelaw

Maximum Boost

I ain't going into specifics - sorry. I know it sucks but thats how it has to be. Cressie - there is over 50 CPL turbos on the road, all running around the 300bhp mark..... Your car is well looked after etc. Which is also key to having a modded car, bet its running V-power all the time...
  11. Scott Whitelaw

Maximum Boost

I'm sure you have nowt to worry about - there is more to this story than meets the eye.......
  12. Scott Whitelaw

Black FN2 Stolen Warrington

Sorry to hear this Paul :( Bit of a nightmare. Scum of the earth. However on a good note no one was hurt and it can be replaced.
  13. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

There is lots of good stuff happening at CPL at the moment. 9's is possible without a doubt. Beating the clutchmaster car....... well, I would love to see it happen but I think were a few years behind in development but were catching up for sure.
  14. Scott Whitelaw

FN2 Supercharger for FN2 ?

CPL Racing is developing the kit. I don't want to say much for obvious reasons but early signs are good..... just needs plenty miles on the car to make sure there are no bugs etc.
  15. Scott Whitelaw

FN2 Supercharger for FN2 ?

Give it a few months :cool: I know where there is one and its going a treat at the moment. All going well after a few thousand miles the kit will be available. Making very good power too :twisted:
  16. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

No problem mate. Good luck with your build ;)
  17. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

I am not too sure what rods and pistons - Guy @ CPL selects them but doesn't tell me who made them. As long as they are strong thats all I'm worried about. Still on stock sleeves, although I think were pushing them right to their limit with just over 600bhp.
  18. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

Thanks dude
  19. Scott Whitelaw

Engine misfiring

Some sensor or something rings to mind with me......... :smt102 But then again I might be thinking about an idleing problem :lol: Head is full of too much junk........
  20. Scott Whitelaw

Engine misfiring

I have heard of this problem before but can't think for the life of me what you do to fix it........ :mad: Not much help I know but I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell you.
  21. Scott Whitelaw

Engine misfiring

Does it go away after you drive for a bit?? If so I would doubt it would be the coil pack......... How many miles has the spark plugs been in the car? Might be worth taking them out and having a quick look..... but then again if you had duff plugs it would happen all the time.......
  22. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

They will be fine - they were made to be 'stressed' :p :lol:
  23. Scott Whitelaw

tuning scotland?

There quite good too Paul - No idea if Duncan can map hondata etc but if he has got a dyno it must be something on his mind for sure.
  24. Scott Whitelaw

tuning scotland?

There are not that many great places for Honda's up here in Scotland TBH. Gerry at Performance Tec in glasgow is good for fitting anything but does not map or tune etc. Thats why I travel 500miles to CPL Racing. I want the best so need to travel to get it.
  25. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

cheers Guys
  26. Scott Whitelaw

Running at pod problems - HELP NEEDED!!

The track over the weekend was the best its ever been. I did suffer 60fts not as good as usual but I think the cold weather played an important part in this too..........
  27. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

Received this e-mail from Santa Pod:- New UK Records set at the JapShow Finale 6 & 7 October 2007 It almost comes as no surprise to find that the boundaries of drag racing with Japanese cars have been pushed back once again after a storming weekend at the JapShow Finale at Santa Pod Raceway...
  28. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

Video is now here - enjoy!! old link autoupdated
  29. Scott Whitelaw

Speak to Guy @ CPL and you can get a set we all use including the TDI lads too. £360 for the tires and about £200 for the wheels. Sounds expensive but your nitrous will go to good use and get the power on the ground as opposed to spinning it all away down the track.
  30. Scott Whitelaw

Do you have a progressive controller?? Tires down to 15psi 1st of all. You defo need a diff too. Then get some slicks and pop all the gas on right off the line - should see you in the 12's no problem
  31. Scott Whitelaw

Yes its worth getting them - get the diff before you do anything though. Its not easy with street tires and drag racing with the ep3. Whats your complete spec? Did you lower your tire pressures? That helps too.
  32. Scott Whitelaw

Get a set of slicks - problem solved. ;) Then you can launch at 6K
  33. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

Cheers Paul, Yea I won't be doing anything to my car apart from a cage, harness etc. Paul and Guy can battle it out, they have everything they need to do it. I'm fed up being skint all the time but it was worth it this weekend. Standard gear box is good enough - well mine is...
  34. Scott Whitelaw

10.69 @ 137.27

Hi all, Set a new record at Santa Pod on Sunday. Won Japshow Finale, won HKS drag series and now Europe's Fastest Honda. Thanks to all of the CPL Team for their help and support. We have a video of the run - sure once Carl gets a good nights sleep he will upload it for us all to see.
  35. Scott Whitelaw

My 05 NHB Rotrex'ed 315 wbhp / 370.8bhp

Interesting reading this - Is that 100% true that he is on his 3rd charger?? Bit crap if it is really - pay all that money you expect the product to work, be it a turbo, supercharger or anything.
  36. Scott Whitelaw

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Sorry did I say never? I ment 'always' :twisted:
  37. Scott Whitelaw

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

August 2004 - 12K on clock. Never raced or thrashed. :)
  38. Scott Whitelaw

Maximum Boost

I would say 9psi on a turbo, stock internals is boarder line....... depends how it's tuned/setup. I have heard of it before when someone wanted 11psi on a stock block. Went bang on the dyno. :(
  39. Scott Whitelaw

My new Set-up

cheers fellas. No rear anti-roll bar so clio would indeed have me in the twisties!!
  40. Scott Whitelaw

My new Set-up

You can turn the boost right down for the road so its fine.
  41. Scott Whitelaw

My new Set-up

Yea thats right mate - went from CPL to Rotorstock and won the FWD pro shootout and new personal best of 11.1 @ 124. Not a bad days work!!
  42. Scott Whitelaw

My new Set-up

oh no drag slicks - Bet I could spin street tires up to 100mph in under 5sec but would not actually be going anywhere!!!
  43. Scott Whitelaw

My new Set-up

Here is the full ticket - note a Personal best from our very own Peter Pan too in the left lane ;)
  44. Scott Whitelaw

My new Set-up

It was 0-100 in 7.2sec. Its on my 11.13sec time ticket.
  45. Scott Whitelaw

My new Set-up

K20 block - stock sleeves Balanced and micro polished crank Forged rods and pistons ARP rod bolts and head studs Race spec bearings Stock cams Uprated valve springs and titanium retainers Stock intake manifold and throttle body CPL turbo, intercooler, etc Earls of Silverstone fixings CPL fuel...
  46. Scott Whitelaw

FN2 Hondata available for FN2

http://www.cplracing.co.uk/news.php
  47. Scott Whitelaw

K-Pro vs Dastek Unichip

Dastek = rubbish K-pro = ultimate tuning for your K20 Dastek only changes air/fuel and Kpro has a whole lot more i.e. alter vtec point, rev limit, cam angles, launch control, datalogging.....
  48. Scott Whitelaw

Interesting project

Thats Gerry from Glasgow - builds lots of nice cars so he does :cool: I need to get up to his place to see his EG project - I want! :twisted:
  49. Scott Whitelaw

CPL Racing goes into the 10 Second Bracket

It's just been taken easy - engine has only done about 100 miles. Still running low boost.
  50. Scott Whitelaw

Jackson Racing blower goes even quicker 11.64sec run!!

Yea I agree but I am not talking about putting more bhp into it. New engine is being prepped and ready to go in as we speak anyway so it don't really matter :twisted:
  51. Scott Whitelaw

Yea them guys with all the big power don't know how to drive :p :p :D I think it will still go faster you know - just need to keep at it.... problem is everyone else keeps going quicker too :cool:
  52. Scott Whitelaw

Hi all, Thought I would share my good news with everyone. Yesterday I managed to run an 11.64 sec pass @ 118.6mph. Not too bad with a car only packing 350bhp :wink: It was a good day at Shakespeare yesterday. It was good to meet Oliver in his Rotrex supercharged Civic and having a go up the...
  53. Scott Whitelaw

Tdi North First in HKS Drag Series (winners of PTM show)

I'm shocked you even managed a 0.6 reaction Paul - you looked quite tired when I came over and spoke to you. A good nights sleep and a can of redbull will do you wonders :cool: :lol:
  54. Scott Whitelaw

Jrsc question

Its a simple idea and a good one - more you want to cool the air, just throw in more nos :lol: Who needs an intercooler
  55. Scott Whitelaw

Jrsc question

Nitrous - cool things down and add some power :D Always an idea :twisted:
  56. Scott Whitelaw

1/4 Mile Times

12.06sec :cool: EP3 Civic 356bhp Shakespeare Raceway - 29th Oct 2006 Mods:- Jackson Racing supercharger IPS Cams Nos Good set of slicks Scott
  57. Scott Whitelaw

Is this going too far??

I thought I was mental when cleaning my car - taking the wheels off etc when I have the time. Thats total hardcore!! :eek:
  58. Scott Whitelaw

New supercharger

Could well be but you can get round the problem quite easily.
  59. Scott Whitelaw

New supercharger

No charge cooler on the one I was looking at. It actually needed a smaller crank pully as the charger was spinning too fast with a 3.15" compared to a 2.9" . 17,500rpm I think was peak for the M62 - anything over that they lost boost. They changed to a larger throttle body and better induction...
  60. Scott Whitelaw

New supercharger

There is an interesting topics on K20a.org on this subject and how they got round about it and why it happened in the 1st place etc. I know the chargers are different but we will get it up to boost.
  61. Scott Whitelaw

New supercharger

Not too sure TBH - there is a guy in the states running a K24 with 10.5psi with 130shot of nos on the M62 Eaton. No boost issues there....... Guy at CPL has it all in hand 8)
  62. Scott Whitelaw

New supercharger

Still forced induction using the my existing Jackson Racing Eaton supercharger, oh and a wee bit of nitrous. :)
  63. Scott Whitelaw

New supercharger

Not sure what TP's doing to the inside but mine is being stroked and looking to run its first outing on 5th/6th May at Santa Pod :D
  64. Scott Whitelaw

Fujitsubo Legalis R

Stop farting about and repeat after me, "45r turbo" Simple and effective 8)
  65. Scott Whitelaw

My new R..........GTR! UPDATE PICS on P1

Agree to that Pete - I think next year I will be doing my own thing... RWYB etc and try get a really low pass. EK turbo sounds good though :twisted:
  66. Scott Whitelaw

350-400bhp

Its a bit of a grey area 350-400bhp...... I have ran 356bhp with JRSC and a wee bit of gas for a year. No issues to date...... and was If you want more you need a built engine really and that costs anything between £4k+ really..... then you have fuel system to worry about, clutch...
  67. Scott Whitelaw

full respray

If you want to change to NHB - just sell and get one. Would be far cheeper. I would expect to pay £5K or something for a full proper job..... I'm sure you could get loads cheeper but what kind of job are you gonna get if you don't pay top whack for it?? If you want to change I would...
  68. Scott Whitelaw

Jackson Racing goes 12.062 :twisted:

Here is the Proof in the pudding!! :twisted:
  69. Scott Whitelaw

RC 550 Injectors...what wil they fit??

Don't think they will fit - I sold some not that long ago and I think they may be onlt good for the K series powerplant. Sure someone will come and correct me if I am wrong"!
  70. Scott Whitelaw

JRSC Cams and Mods :) 310.6 BHP

lol! I still have standard apart from fluid and braided lines!!! :lol: New pads required I think - its getting dodgy at crail trying to stop before I go over the cliff and onto the beach!!
  71. Scott Whitelaw

Pod Results - Do-Luck Pro Shoot Out - FWD Class

Pete done a 12.6 The Keizer done 12.7 Guy I think doing a few high 11sec passes........ 132mph terminals!! :shock: Its all on www.japshow.co.uk
  72. Scott Whitelaw

TDi North K24 engine Program

I was considering a 2.6 from a k24 block next year. Going to use the existing block and settle for a 2.3 stroker :D Looking at this it should be interesting seeing the results :twisted:
  73. Scott Whitelaw

Considering switching from S/C to turbo

whats wrong with the big block route?? You just not fancy it any more??
  74. Scott Whitelaw

322BHP N/A CTR

I was told that was fairly avarage accross the UK
  75. Scott Whitelaw

Can anyone please estimate my gains?

You should see a big differance in the mid range - k100 will smooth out the vtec and lower it for you. Its about 40bhp @ 6k rpm but not sure if it will be as much as that if its just a base map. Put it this way - it will put a smile on your face :D re oil - not make your car any faster...
  76. Scott Whitelaw

Spoon N1

na you need to get it separatly - there about 40 quid and I don;t think they make it that much of a differance. Keep it loud and proud! :lol:
  77. Scott Whitelaw

Congrats CPL Racing Fastest FWD Car Full Stop :)

Very well done Guy :D Great stuff. Was a great weekend even though the Gas wasn't doing its job - or the driver!! Me and Stu will be back I'm sure - Really Glad I ran a 12.9 to confirm my Crail time is fairly valid!! Pete - no doubt about it mate - Your a Pro Racer!!! I was behind...
  78. Scott Whitelaw

clutch masters?

Fx300 and flywheel are good - just had them fitted to my car. You won't be let down if you get them.
  79. Scott Whitelaw

700whp NHB CTR in Fast Car magazine!!!!

Pete is 'Tarticus'
  80. Scott Whitelaw

I will only care if I'm racing against it at any point!!!
  81. Scott Whitelaw

700whp on 750cc injectors?? :? Guy is running 505bhp and before he pushes any more he needs 1000cc injectors put in. I don't know the total ins and outs of tuning but surly if a 505bhp civic is nearly maxing 750cc injectors out then there is no way you can run 700whp on them :roll...
  82. Scott Whitelaw

Best Clutch/Flywheel combo for S/C + IPS Cams Setup?

Yes the fx300 clutch has impressed me so far - its like a standard clutch you can give plenty abuse!!
  83. Scott Whitelaw

CTR with Charger, Cams & Nos

What about a Micra?! :shock: :lol: There is one up here that done the 1/4mile in 12.18secs. It is running about 500bhp in a wee granny micra wagon. But I suppose its nots fast to start with.......
  84. Scott Whitelaw

Think its just like everyone else that does it with the ep3 - just sort of happened. Liked the car so I bought it then got the drag racing bug... then more and more mods etc.....
  85. Scott Whitelaw

Hi Pete, Yes thats with the Gas at the flywheel - its the only one I have. Scott
  86. Scott Whitelaw

Here is the Dyno chart!! :twisted: :twisted:
  87. Scott Whitelaw

Think my clutch may be on its way out!!

It was about £350 to fit - not agressive at all. Feels almost standard... its nice and easy to live with. :wink:
  88. Scott Whitelaw

At the end of the day Guy knows what he is doing - he put the bottle there for a reason and if it wasn't safe then he would never have put it in to start with. I know what your saying etc but I trust Guy 100% - his knowledge, experience and professionalism speaks for its self. I have no...
  89. Scott Whitelaw

I only use my car for drag racing - I take it on the road for a blast once on a blue moon.
  90. Scott Whitelaw

Think my clutch may be on its way out!!

I have a clutchmasters fx300 thats been fitted last week. Really impressed. £405 for clutch and £256 for flywheel. One to consider :wink:
  91. Scott Whitelaw

:lol: :lol: I will be sucking it in and trying to pop it back into the bottle!! Never realised how deer a refil is........ :cry:
  92. Scott Whitelaw

yes cams are a good way to go. The car is louder too - dread to think what the db reading would be..... wrong side of 110 I think!! :lol:
  93. Scott Whitelaw

Na G - bigger brakes mean that 15" wheels and slicks won't fit!! :shock: 8) As long as when I'm at Crail and I can stop before the sea front I will be happy :lol:
  94. Scott Whitelaw

:lol: Each to their own - I just like drag racing and the concept. Only have lowering springs fitted - could be doing with some Teins. They are on my list for sure.
  95. Scott Whitelaw

Hi TP - this is the place Guy's is mounted and he ain't had any problems. I'm also sure if it was a danger he would have never put it there in the first place. Please don't get me worried!!!! :shock:
  96. Scott Whitelaw

Yes - I like it looking stealth!!
  97. Scott Whitelaw

Its a 10lb bottle :wink: The shift light is a great mod - I set it to 8k for road use and it came on driving back at night, it nearly blinded me!! never miss a gear change again. By the way the car is stripped out, no front seat, back seat or anything in boot. I intend to make exterior...
Back