• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. pulpmelon_R

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Saw this, and thought of this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA6DpXhGJWM
  2. pulpmelon_R

S2000 turbo kit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obqO4ksTh_Q
  3. pulpmelon_R

S2000 turbo kit?

Seems the 06+ models can use Hondata flashpro as they are drive by wire :cool:
  4. pulpmelon_R

S2000 turbo kit?

Lou @ TDi has a jig for an equal length front mount turbo manifold, with the EFR series turbos there is a built in BOV and wastegate, so all you need is a v-band for a 3" downpipe! Best to run an AEM standalone ECU on the F20c with some nice ID825 or 1000 injectors, I would want a low and high...
  5. pulpmelon_R

S2000 turbo kit?

^Thanks for the info I like the look of the 7064: http://www.theboostlab.com/products/borg-warner-efr-series.html You could run bitch boost (8-9 psi) on a high efficiency twin scroll and make good power with low heat and stress. Boost by gear and torque limiting would save your gearbox and...
  6. pulpmelon_R

S2000 turbo kit?

I would recommend a ClutchMasters FX400 as a streetable ceramic paddle clutch How much boost were you running on which turbines J7?
  7. pulpmelon_R

S2000 turbo kit?

I'm trying to scope out a 2014 project, A boosted S2K is a great candidate. Will keep an eye on what you come up with rm
  8. pulpmelon_R

S2000 turbo kit?

The s2000 F20c is a great one to boost, loads of builds running 500+ hp on a bone stock motor. Lou @ TDi was showing me one of the new twin scroll BorgWarner turbos being used on an EP3 project, the 7076 EFR turbo in that range is a 400 - 650hp rated unit that would be ultra quick spooling and...
  9. pulpmelon_R

Suits' Nissan 370Z

Cool day out! Did you get any 0-100, or 30-70 times etc?
  10. pulpmelon_R

3" induction MAF tube !!!

Changing the size or shape of the MAF without running a new MAF calibration is a massive error on the previous owners part! You need to go back to stock or get a flash pro tune for the new MAF now, before you detonate a rod out the side of the block!
  11. pulpmelon_R

exhaust manifold TODA vs HyTech vs others

Hytech and ASP are custom fabricators, while they do make some off the shelf (OTS) items, the real value in working with a motorsport fabricator is a bespoke product for a special motor build. For your build I would go for mainstream OTS brands, as the cost to benefit ratio is more favourable.
  12. pulpmelon_R

Gains without remap??

Thats why data > Forum rhetoric Chucking bolt-ons onto a stock ECU works okay Tuning them to a piggyback ECU works fantastic
  13. pulpmelon_R

I think a fly flew into valve cover :(

A fly in the oil adds no extra power, you need to pour in a couple of ticks for extra Flea-tec y0
  14. pulpmelon_R

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Parked up in a pay and display in St helens last week, chap walks up and asks what I think of these Subaru hatch backs and If I've had any issues... Must be the hood scoop :lol:
  15. pulpmelon_R

Honda Elise Conversion

Makes me want to part out the civic, keep the motor and Kpro, then chuck it all into a 111s :smt054
  16. pulpmelon_R

what cams

Stock k20a2 block (EP3 Type R) 3.5" intake w/ bpi stack Spoon HG 70mm tb Skunk2 IM Prayoonto stg2 cams PLM header 3" exhaust Runs 13.4 @ 106 on street tyres
  17. pulpmelon_R

what cams

It would be good to know the use case and specifics of the motor youre running, you spec the cams to the engine cc, compression and typical rpm range in most cases.
  18. pulpmelon_R

best race headers??

You can buy the sport cat or test pipe options for the piper. I had both and just swapped the cat in for the MOT.
  19. pulpmelon_R

best race headers??

Header not headers, its an inline 4 on our cars. As an the off the shelf option, I vote piper.
  20. pulpmelon_R

Micropolishing

Are you repairing a reground crank?
  21. pulpmelon_R

EP3 Air Ducts OEM Fit LOOK!!!! ON EBAY!!!!

Do these fit the foglight holes on the face lift mugen splitter please?
  22. pulpmelon_R

1/4 Mile Times

2L all motor, street tyres.
  23. pulpmelon_R

Are LSD's that good!

You know what I meant
  24. pulpmelon_R

Are LSD's that good!

If you have to ask if you need a locking diff, you dont need one.
  25. pulpmelon_R

The Official Dyno Chart Thread - NO CHAT

Model Of Car: EP3 Year Of Car: 2004 Mileage Covered: 105k Wheel BHP: Flywheel BHP: 280 Dyno Manufacturer: TDi-North's Modifications: Bolt-ons and cams
  26. pulpmelon_R

Itb's (ep3)

Your car is an embarrassment
  27. pulpmelon_R

TYPE R CHIP 25 BHP!!!!!

Run three of these in a row for moar vtak
  28. pulpmelon_R

B18C Engine

I would get a cheap B20 out of a CRV for the mighty B18/B20 frank conversion
  29. pulpmelon_R

B18C Engine

Most likely out of a DC2 if it has a red cam cover, 190hp
  30. pulpmelon_R

Daily Driver Chaos ..with ITB plans!

Which Size / make ITB's did you go for?
  31. pulpmelon_R

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Exedy stg1 and clutch masters stg1 have pretty good feedback in general.
  32. pulpmelon_R

??? What manifold???

Which manifold you mean? 4-2-1 race header is the config that makes the broadest power.
  33. pulpmelon_R

RenaultSport Clio 182 Trophy

Just stumbled across this thread, I can totally appreciate what you're doing, but boy oh boy am I glad I didn't buy a Renault last year! :lol:
  34. pulpmelon_R

Larger air intake

For a FI motor without a MAF sensor - bigger the better. Would strongly suggest a CAI format as the boosted air temps are already mental on a JRSC
  35. pulpmelon_R

Larger air intake

Ah I never updated the thread on here... long story short - SRI bad, CAI good. 3" CAI is perfect for just bolt-ons 3.5" is good for cams, larger displacement etc
  36. pulpmelon_R

valves in type r

Unless you have worn out the valve seats and need to go oversize, OEM are fine.
  37. pulpmelon_R

if you want your head to explode in rage

I think lots of angry internet posts and empty threats will fix this problem for sure.
  38. pulpmelon_R

race headers?

For a perfect fit on a UK car and the option of an MOT legal sport cat, you can't do a lot better than the Piper Header IMO
  39. pulpmelon_R

race headers?

I think the slip joint design means that some movement is expected, this is why the header does not use a flexi section.
  40. pulpmelon_R

race headers?

I have solid billet engine mounts and gear box mounts, so that should help. I'm also thinking of smearing the joints with high-temp silicone sealant just in case.
  41. pulpmelon_R

SKUNK2 COMPOSITE COLD AIR INTAKE CIVIC TYPE R FN2

I hear ya If you want easy power and a bling parts list, a NASP civic R is not the right car. Im on my 4th intake, 2nd exhaust and 2nd header!
  42. pulpmelon_R

race headers?

I've got a PLM/Kidd racing header in the loft right now - Did you find the slip joints needed sealing or welding to avoid blowing?
  43. pulpmelon_R

Alternative to Hondata

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KTuner-LLC/187553721350269 New kids on the block developing a k series management system. Rumored to be less than half the price of the hondata products!
  44. pulpmelon_R

He seemed really cagey about it, I guess that combo of parts and cams didnt work out.
  45. pulpmelon_R

race headers?

I've never heard of someone grenading a motor running a race header on the stock tune.
  46. pulpmelon_R

Did that guy ever post a dyno chart after being tuned?
  47. pulpmelon_R

DC5 K20 Head/K24 Block/K26 Stroker Build...

You will also need to budget for head work if your goal is 300 to the wheels. good luck with the build
  48. pulpmelon_R

£100 Ebay Manifold?

If you want to make her car slower for safety reasons, its a great buy.
  49. pulpmelon_R

cams?? need help

For stock compression go with the tuner series, and its a header not headers on an inline 4 BTW
  50. pulpmelon_R

engine whine, is it normal?

Change the top aux belt pulley 1st as thats where most of the wine comes from.
  51. pulpmelon_R

Anybody Tried A K Tuned Billet Throttle Body Position Sensor?

My solid engine mounts killed the oem TPS, upgraded to a K-tuned item to cope with the vibrations. The k-tuned tps is filled with silicone and has beefed up internal wiring. If you are on stock motor mounts another oem will be fine, if youre on billets its worth upgrading.
  52. pulpmelon_R

BHP figures what you think with this set up?

I guess you dont know too much about the K20a? Also have you ever seen the header design you have to use in the back of a lotus? Its fecking woeful, also its tough to fit a better inlet manifold as the smaller OEM prb is usually already touching something.
  53. pulpmelon_R

Avid engine mounts

I'm running the 62a Avids, would not run anything harder than this if you ever drive the car on the street.
  54. pulpmelon_R

Velocity Stack

Buy a k&n or blox filter with the 6" neck: take v-stack: insert inside filter and worm drive clamp it tight: attach the other end via a silicone coupler to your intake (I assume thats an AEM CAI with a 2.5" bore)
  55. pulpmelon_R

Velocity Stack

You just need to buy a filter with a 6" ID on the filter neck
  56. pulpmelon_R

Power guestimation!

About 25-30hp more than what you started off with.
  57. pulpmelon_R

Not sure what mod to get for the best?

Its annoying but I would recommend waiting until you have all the bolt on parts ready to get mapped up in one hit. Works out a lot cheaper in the long run, and makes a bigger impact when you go from stock to 240+hp!
  58. pulpmelon_R

PRC Intake Manifold w/ RCrew Addon...

http://www.afiturbo.com/2011/08/afi-turbos-k-series-intake-manifold/ Nothing beats a center port
  59. pulpmelon_R

Whats your budget?
  60. pulpmelon_R

Plenum volume is only half the story, the runner profile still sucks!
  61. pulpmelon_R

How much boost can EP3 CTR take on stock internals / stock C/R?

Injectors hit ~90% duty at ~260hp You'll need 650cc plus for medium boost
  62. pulpmelon_R

1/4 Mile Times

EP3 with bolt-ons and cams @ York raceway: I'm pretty pleased with that; my 1st ever time racing :-D
  63. pulpmelon_R

k20a2 timing tensioner replacement

The chain should in theory last forever, but after a couple of 3rd instead of 5th shifts you'll find a bit of stretch :lol:
  64. pulpmelon_R

K20A2 jdm cams

Get some Drag cartel DIC's, Kelford A's or TDi DIC's IMHO
  65. pulpmelon_R

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Looks like a mid 14 second run?
  66. pulpmelon_R

Engine build questions- Possibly hi compression or K24

In an EK a built K20 would still be really quick. If the car is used daily I would get OEM RRC rods and pistons for 11.7:1CR, then get some stage 2 cams and a 5 angle valve job on the head (stock ports can make over 300hp N/A no sweat) Thats a 275hp motor in a light car :cool:
  67. pulpmelon_R

Best Honda engine to date

RRC version of the K20z best engine evar
  68. pulpmelon_R

Help with K-pro flat foot shifting settings???

I have looked into this too, the idea is it sets an rpm limit between shifts. You keep your foot on the gas and the kpro sets the temp rpm ceiling untill the clutch is re-engaged. This is great for turbo cars as it keeps the boost at full whack for a whole drag race. I can't see the benefit on...
  69. pulpmelon_R

Quick Question... Can a standard EP3 pop flames?

Contrary to popular belief, they run super rich without a Cat converter. Hence flamage.
  70. pulpmelon_R

Quick Question... Can a standard EP3 pop flames?

It would have to have a race header or de-cat for flames.
  71. pulpmelon_R

ITG Vs TEG M/ 6bhp down but better?

Youre only just beginning mate...
  72. pulpmelon_R

ITG Vs TEG M/ 6bhp down but better?

This Plus the runs were months apart with different air temp, humidity and air pressure.
  73. pulpmelon_R

Kpro Idle

I have the skunk2 inlet and throttle also, I have kept the IACV on the throttle body. Did you blank yours off? Your TPS is way out for sure, its easy to reset to 0 / 100 but if there is too much air getting in from a mal adjusted idle screw it will still race at idle.
  74. pulpmelon_R

Kpro Idle

Hi Grant - glad you got your stroker build running and mapped up, which header / exhaust did you go with after? Regarding your idle issue, I had something similar, turned out to be the IACV - it needs to be removed and cleaned. Also you can check the Idle air assist valve and thottle screw...
  75. pulpmelon_R

I think you missunderstood my intentions, I'm not saying my approach is better - I'm backing up your plans for a proper solution! I'll most likely take one once they are ready :)
  76. pulpmelon_R

Meet the Girthatronic....

I've done some datalogging on the 3.5" intake and as expected the IAT valves are a about 10 degres higher than the CAI, these values drop once moving at speed quite nicely. Thought it would be rude not to do some pulls while datalogging: Did four pulls in total, worst was 5.2 seconds to...
  77. pulpmelon_R

Kpro mpg

Average tank 350 miles of mixed driving (+270hp N/A)
  78. pulpmelon_R

This is what I have done, im using a bell mouth, 90 degree silicone elbow and 3" ducting to feed cold air from the fog light to behind the headlamp:
  79. pulpmelon_R

If it works, it will be at high RPM This is where the pressure waves should be optimal in a short fat intake.
  80. pulpmelon_R

Sure thing buddy!
  81. pulpmelon_R

Heres the finished article, will probably run the rad hose under as it looks messy. Otherwise just need to book a little dyno time.
  82. pulpmelon_R

Piper or DC header?

LOL no it isn't.
  83. pulpmelon_R

Intake Hose Help - S90 Throttle Body

OD will be 76mm or 3" on the thottle, you wont be able to stretch the silicone that much. There must be a bunch of people running that intake on a 70mm TB? Do tegiwa supply just one size?
  84. pulpmelon_R

Piper or DC header?

Most dyno's I've seen of the typical bolt-ons usually show the piper header to make 3-4hp more even with the 200 cel cat. I don't rate the DC header personally, the flexi seems to die quite often.
  85. pulpmelon_R

Cams vs manifolds

About 6 months ago everyone on here was telling me I was a dumb ass for wanting to fit a 3" exhaust to a NASP Honda. After I made 15hp extra in the midrange and 7hp at peak, the same armchair engine builders were pretty quiet... I would say go for it, see if it works!
  86. pulpmelon_R

Cams vs manifolds

Hi Hazz Without a race header I don't think aftermarket cams will make very much power at all. But good luck if you go that route, will look out for your dyno results.
  87. pulpmelon_R

You've got an RRC oil pump and upgraded valve springs right Loxy? How about going to stage 2??
  88. pulpmelon_R

Skunk2 cams eating TCT's again :( Glad it was spotted though!
  89. pulpmelon_R

Keep us posted on the cams!
  90. pulpmelon_R

Well im going from a 3" intake with a v-stack and k&n to a 3.5" intake with a v-stack and k&n, so its pretty fair. The only other variable is the length of the pipe work. Here they are side by side:
  91. pulpmelon_R

I always use a v-stack on my intakes, found 3hp before tuning at TDI-n just by slapping one on the end of a CAI with a filter. There is only one way to find out if its any good, stay tuned for dyno results...
  92. pulpmelon_R

Heres some supporting info: Test car - 8th gen civic SI (k20z3) TSX TB (64mm) Port matched RBC Hondata IMG SSReplica Header 2.5" exhaust kpro Baseline with 3" Injen CAI Swap for 3.5" intake (a prototype called blackmamba :lol: ) Wheel HP
  93. pulpmelon_R

Yes they are a mare to keep clean! I don't know it will work, but it was worth it for the craic. Guys in the states are making power with the larger diameter so I thought I would knock something up. Worst case senario I saved 7kg with the race battery... Its all about resonance and a bit of...
  94. pulpmelon_R

The theory is a larger diameter, shorter length intake benfits the helmholtz rensonance required for increased volumetric efficiency at high engine speed. In an ideal world you dyno test various lengths and diameters till you hit the sweet sport for your power band and motor config. I am...
  95. pulpmelon_R

Hope it comes up with a few extra hp next time i hit the dyno!
  96. pulpmelon_R

This is the Home made 90mm / 3.5" Semi CAI I've been working on. As far as I know its the first of its girth to be used in an EP chassis? I had to relocate the battery to make room:
  97. pulpmelon_R

Larger injectors needed!

I would recommend OEM Acura RDX injectors (410cc at stock pressure), I think Tegiwa sell them in the UK now?
  98. pulpmelon_R

223.7 at the wheels

Zoom Zoom > Sauer kraut
  99. pulpmelon_R

223.7 at the wheels

Mike drives a VW - his life is invalid.
  100. pulpmelon_R

223.7 at the wheels

268bhp with just bolt ons, nah.
Back