• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

starter motor playing up

I have a new starter motor now, problem solved. Old one was from another engine and by the looks of the inside was well past it.
  2. M

starter motor playing up

Hi, Had my starter off the car today to discover why its not doing anything when turning the key Ive had the thing open and found a lot of rust debris inside... is that normal :confused: I have followed troubleshooting guides, checked everything aside from the brushes end...this was...
  3. M

This is a random one, k-swap inside

Anyone?..... Im trying to locate which wires from the ecu plugs run the Primary o2 I tried the workshop manuals posted on here but ive had no luck with any of the links, the one manual i did find doesnt have the pinouts..:(
  4. M

This is a random one, k-swap inside

Hi TypeR owners, Im doing a k20 swap and im having some right fun and games with the wiring. :confused: Im looking for a pinout diagram for the PRA ecu, i have mine k-pro'd and im trying to run one o2 sensor in the manifold. Only problem i have is the conversion harness from america is all...
  5. M

alternative ecu brands..... any good?

yO! so im after an ecu still, i also do not have an o2 sensor Ive spoken with Paul regarding his Kpro. The ECU is the US version this is along with a wideband o2 sensor for 950. I have a PRA ecu here at home and i could get the Kpro fitted to that... then i also have to purchase an o2...
  6. M

yes mate, the paul with the ad in classifieds section isnt the paul that works at TDi-north he left a little while ago...guess ill wait a little bit
  7. M

Was on the blower last night to TDi, the paul with the parts for sale doesnt work there anymore :confused:
  8. M

TDi North Drag car update.

Fcuk yeah! :)
  9. M

he does work there then ;)
  10. M

Easy guys, Ive managed somehow to secure some moneys to get the Kpro!! Now im trying to gather a few prices and ive also thought about talking with Paul Jones as he's selling a Kpro and lambda in the f/s section off the System R demo car... im not hearing anything back on PM, does anyone know...
  11. M

Oil questions and recommendations here

Im looking to turn over my k20a2, its now in an eg chassis.....its been standing a while. Ive a standard blue Honda filter from a year or so ago, i think it was for my b18 but i cannot be sure.... does it matter, i thought all honda oil filters were the same? Ive got a bottle of halfords...
  12. M

Guys, im going hondata....im 99 percent on K100 (few weeks till my funds come through)... Thanks for the help :)
  13. M

ahh nice one guys.. im going hondata! its the only ecu i see on the civics on nyce1s..i read last night pacman is using the kpro system on a set of ITB...is this possible?
  14. M

Well, yes his name is dan...but no its not DMF! hahahaa ive heard of bad things from DMF and Artech but i hear many people vouch for Artech, a lot of there work looks very very good, im undecided on that one. Just to repeat myself...this guy's made no mistakes, ive not heard one bad word...
  15. M

I couldnt agree more, i was pretty shocked at the time...and i will not be going to him for an ecu nor will i be mentioning the company... he can make his statement and keep it. The way i see it.. like you said he may not know the hondata kit that well... or maybe he's more familiar with kits...
  16. M

guys, this isnt a thread intended to hate a company's opinion in any way, his comment is his own and i think he's disadvantaged himself expaining that way.... now i mention it he did give a very loose explanation.... the hondata system takes him longer to tune than other ecu's therefore...
  17. M

I cant agree, saying he's a **** tuner would be wrong...im sure there will be guys on this forum with his tuning skills applyed to their car that will vouch for his tuning capabilities....
  18. M

first things first....last time i asked a tuner what he thought of hondata he replyed with...'i only sell hondata k pro to people i dont like' I swear those were his exact words... ... i suppose some are only as good as the tuner doing the work. Anyone?
  19. M

hiya guys, Heard somewhere along the grapevine that the ecu's made by EFI are pretty good http://www.efitechnology.com/index.html Has anyone used or had experience using one? Im thinking of using ITB's and im a novice when it comes to ECU's Thanks :cool:
  20. M

Point me in the right direction please

Thanks Brink. yeah that sounds good to me at the moment compared to what ive been quoted so far!!
  21. M

Point me in the right direction please

Hi guys Im in need of the primary o2 sensor for my k20a2.... but im not sure the best path to take... -new one from honda, probably around 200quid -integrasella aound 80-90 -keep looking to find something cheaper..... I knew i was missing something lol :) Any help would be greatly...
Back