• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ImportR

Odd rumble when exhaust gets drenched!

Ok, so i have a Buddy Club Spec4 catback. Standard height suspension (for now), standard ARBs etc. The system has been issue free - during cold startups, and long hot runs. But i've noticed that when i've been driving the fully warmed up car on the motorway and there is a lot of standing...
  2. ImportR

Different exhaust diameters?

Chaps Is it a big No No to have a 2.5" centre pipe mated up to a 2" back box? The connecting flanges mate up, as does the donut gasket, and also the bolt holes. So fitting isn't a problem. I asked the garage doing the fitting and they said it shouldn't be a problem. For the sake of a 0.5"...
  3. ImportR

NHB EP3 - what colour wheels suit it?

Guys/girls I have a very difficult decision to make. Tonight I'm about to drop off my Rota GR-A for a refurb but I'm torn between what colour to choose! I thought I was 100% set on a metallic grey (or dull silver), to keep my NHB looking unblingy and not too Knight Rider if i kept the rims...
  4. ImportR

So what happens when moisture gets past the filter? (not hydrolock)

With all the shitty weather & rain we've been having lately, I've began to wonder. So many of us have direct ram-air intakes, cramming in air and everything else that goes into the bumper or grille mounted intake pipes/hoses/ducts. Over the years, with different cars & setups, I've noticed one...
  5. ImportR

Tyre Grip spray - instant traction on snow & ice?

Saw this on Amazon. I was quite sceptical of it at first, but a couple of reviews seem to claim that it works - with a bit of restraint & skill.... Anyone else tried it already? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tyre-Grip-Black-Ice-Protection/dp/B002WBEPRO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1293006929&sr=1-3
  6. ImportR

What size tyres do you recommend?

For 17x7.5 rims Rota GR-A's - will go on my CTR, not lowered, yet. More thinking either 215 or 225? cheers
  7. ImportR

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 foglamps

Can a DC5 owner do a favour for me please? Just measure the front fog lamps; width across, and height. In centimetres. I'm trying to establish if DC5 fogs can replace my OE fogs in my EP3 (2005). Don't fancy paying over £90 each for the Honda replacements. :evil: thanks
  8. ImportR

What do you clean tint film with?

Guys.... I have plant residue on the tint film, what should I use to clean it off? I've left it on for about a week now, so i'd need to rehydrate it before wiping off...but with what, that isnt harmful to the film? cheers
  9. ImportR

Honda dealer Service Checklist - it's here!

Main Dealer checklist for cars up to 144 months old!
  10. ImportR

Brake report after Honda service...

'ello peeps, long time no post (the mrs. had a baby about 2 mths ago) :) My '05 EP3 was serviced & MOT'd by the Honda main delears yesterday - no probs, but they noted that the rear discs were corroded on the edges. I've not actually checked (since it was gettng dark) but should it be a reason...
  11. ImportR

Alpine X300 series owners!

I have an X301RR, the tech blurb claims it to have a built in clock, but I can't see it anywhere! Tried pressing various buttons while on and off but nuffin! What am I doing wrong? Also, I can flip between artists, albums and songs......but I can't flip between genres cos i can't see it...
  12. ImportR

Kwik Fit - bunch of lying c s!

My wife uses KwikFuk for servicing her Yaris. Simply cos its convenient for her, being close to her school etc. She still used them despite my advice of using a proper garage (even closer to her school). The previous £140 service by them brought up an additional cost of new shox and other bits...
  13. ImportR

ImportR's 2005 NHB: picture blog

So, after my dear old Evo5 gives up the ghost, the mrs moans at me to buy something more "refined". ie. something newer, quieter and less harsh. I tried to get a Focus ST2, but the emergency funds didn't allow. So I plumped for the next on the list, the EP3 :D Got this on July 2009, just...
  14. ImportR

I saved £180 with Swiftcover!

My renewal quote with Elephant for the year came to a very surprising £642 this time. :eek: Bear in mind that for my Evo5, it was a touch over £700! So, I went onto moneysupermarket.com and ran a search for quotes, the best deal was with Switcover. As with the Evo, I have my wife as a named...
  15. ImportR

Guide to fit DC5 Recaro's to EP3!

Right, so I've managed to fit these in my car. No great drama's, you just need to have the tools & parts available. Tools: round metalworking file drill & small cylindrical grinding bit (optional) - if filing is too strenuous....there is quite a bit of material to remove! socket set...
  16. ImportR

DC2 DB8 DC5 Calling owners of DC5 Recaro SR seats

...does the backrest and seat slide forward when you pull the top lever, or is it just the backrest that tilts? thanks
  17. ImportR

Uniroyal RainSport2 - full set fitted...

...yesterday. I already noticed a difference in grip over the BS RE040's, especially launching in damp conditions this morning (7am-ish). They grip straight away unlike the BS's. I noticed that on a fast bend, there appeared to be a little bit more roll due to the softer sidewalls (but nothing...
  18. ImportR

How to wire up an Omex Sequential Shift Light

After a few false starts(!) i'm now pleased to say that mine is fully working and fuss free! There are 3 wires to connect: RED: Coil +ve, or switched Live BLUE: Coil -ve, or ECU Tacho out BLACK: Ground You just need to route the cables so that: a) the control box is reachable when...
  19. ImportR

What have I done to my car?!

Hi folks, a new forum user here. I recently acquired an 05 CTR which has been great. Its pretty standard, although I've been modding it almost on a daily basis! Today I was fitting an Omex Seq. Shift Lamp, and was trying to suss out the coil wiring: I was trying to see which of the spark plug...
Back