• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jamielenagh123

Poor Hand brake? top tip from a honda technician..... it worked for me :-)

I always raise the rear of the car, pull the handbrake on one click and pump the foot brake a few times. I then tighten the lever's adjuster until the wheel starts to bind when span. I then release the handbrake and the wheel should be able to spin freely. Hope this makes sense.
  2. jamielenagh123

Boot still won't open!

Hi just wondering if anyone has had to manually open the boot from the inside? ive removed the boot panel from inside and the cable is working fine but when i look at the lock, the white lock latch is not releasing. Any help would be appreciated before i have to smash something.
  3. jamielenagh123

Boot won't open

Thanks very much for that, going to have to have a good look at it. I was replacing my rear wiper motor and i must have knocked something as my rear demister has stopped working aswell.
  4. jamielenagh123

Boot won't open

I've already tried this, it seems as though the lock mechanism isn't releasing. When i pull the boot lever it feels like its releasing but the boot just won't open, then other times the lever just doesn't have any resistance at all. Do you know if theres a breakdown diagram of the locking mechanism?
  5. jamielenagh123

Boot won't open

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had to open the boot from the inside and how it's done? I've tried the lock then unlock loads of times and somtimes the lever has no resistance then if you lock it on dead lock then open it, it feels normal but the lock won't release if that makes sense. Any help...
  6. jamielenagh123

OEM Brake pads or Ferodo DS2500?

finally fit the FERODO DS2500's and what a difference they make. They seem quiet and they work well from cold but once you got them warmed up they are awesome! I would strongly recommend these pads as a 'must have' upgrade. I have much more confidence in the braking now. i got these for £90 from...
  7. jamielenagh123

i saw the brembo discs but everyone rates the O.E. I would honestly like a disc that was drilled/grooved as they do look that bit better, but i don't want to compromise braking performance or pay too much money for a few holes/grooves etc.
  8. jamielenagh123

ive ordered the FERODO DS 2500's now so ill see what they are like, do you lads know how much genuine honda discs are because everyone seems to prefere them.
  9. jamielenagh123

i think ill give them a whirl and see what they're like. Don't think they would get that good of a rating off you lads if they where *****. Do they need warming up or do they work well from cold, also brake dust levels, higher oir lower than standard?
  10. jamielenagh123

i went on the civictyperowners and a few mentioned the squeeling which put me off as i really wanted them. whats the cheapest price you've seen them? they had a forum discount which they paid around £74.
  11. jamielenagh123

Hi, im in two minds to which brake pads to fit to my '04 CTR. i would like to go for Ferodo DS2500 as their reviews a very good but ive heard a few reports of them suffering from loud squeeling, which i definetly dont want. Ive been recommended Pagid blue's but heard no reviews from civic...
  12. jamielenagh123

Lowering advice!

thanks for your views lads, if you notice a difference with the fast road setup then it will be worth getting. ill have to start looking around!
  13. jamielenagh123

Lowering advice!

To be honest i think you wouldn't notice a great deal of difference on the road with a 'Fast road setup' , i think on a track definately. my main concern is running the tyres off so would a 30-35 mm drop do this?
  14. jamielenagh123

Lowering advice!

Hi, im looking to lower my 04 ep3 type r about 30-35mm on Eibach springs, is it possible to do this without uprating any other components?
  15. jamielenagh123

HID fitting guide

this is the new supervision kit, it doesn't have the instructions on the box just the advantages of xenon lights over normal halogen, just gonna give it a go as that thread didn't explain how to connect the actual wiring. Thanks anyway lads, cheers!
  16. jamielenagh123

HID fitting guide

hi, can anyone provide a walk trough to the wiring of a HID kit from HID's direct as ive lost my instructions. The kit is the supervision 50w 6000k kit any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  17. jamielenagh123

facelift ep3 fitting guide?

Hi my names Jamie, im a relatively new member and i was just wondering if anyone has fitted a HID kit from HID's direct? is it possible to have a run through of the wiring as ive just purchased the supervision 50w kit for my 2004 ep3 type r and ive misplaced the fitting instructions. Any help...
Back