• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Granty

2004 EP 3 exhaust.

EP 3 R Exhaust. HI Stu. Is that straight on with same fitting kit, gasket etc. Regards.
  2. Granty

2004 EP 3 exhaust.

EP3 Exhaust, Hi. Sorry I should have put EP 3 Type R. Got some info that the pipe diameter might be different. Honda UK have them in stock but cannot confirm the two fit each car. Failing that I have to wait six to eight weeks for one for me DC5. Regards.
  3. Granty

2004 EP 3 exhaust.

Hi all. Will a 2004 EP3 B pipe fit a 2004 DC5 with an OEM system. Thanks in anticipation. Regards.
  4. Granty

Ep3 Scraping/grinding when setting off in first gear or releasing clutch off bite

Hi. It comes and goes so I'm hoping it's not to serious. I'm first UK owner and it did it when I picked it up in Feb 2010. The gear box works well even when cold so I'm disinclined to pull it out. If ever I have to have the box refurbished I'll give an update on what was found out. Regards...
  5. Granty

Ep3 Scraping/grinding when setting off in first gear or releasing clutch off bite

Hi all. The noise in the first video is typical of what I'm getting. It comes on just at the biting point. The sound in the second video sounds to be a lot more serious but could be from the same cause. Regards. Granty.
  6. Granty

My pfl DC5 does this every now and then. I've been told it's the thrust bearing. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  7. Granty

FK2 First new Civic Type R in whitby

Hi. Two DC 5s in Whitby, for six years I've been telling everyone mine was the only one. Great to see another one here. I have'nt seen the blue Civic Type R yet. Regards.
  8. Granty

FK2 First new Civic Type R in whitby

Hi. http://1drv.ms/1Q4ckcb. As above and owned by a lady who runs our local tyre services. Big grin on her face when I asked for some pics. Regards.
  9. Granty

Blue is thee colour.

Hi. Twenty five thousand eight hundred people cannot be wrong. Blue is the top car colour, followed by silver then black. Poo beige came bottom. (Pun). As in the words of the song, "blue is the colour of my true loves eyes", and the best Tegs. Lol. Regards. Granty. :D
  10. Granty

FN2 FN 2 Scarborough.

Hi. Whitby.
  11. Granty

FN2 FN 2 Scarborough.

Hi all. Yesterday I followed a Milano FN 2 into Scarborough. On the rear right it had the Type R logo. Below that it had an RR logo but not the Mugen one above it. It had the standard back end with the triangular exhaust ports. Does anyone have any knowledge of this car. Intrigued. Regards...
  12. Granty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Millers Nanodrive and Shell V Power Nitro.

Hi all. The above within the last couple of days. Wow. And the difference is noticeable. The engine is quieter, seems to start easier and when you put your toe down it seems to take off and appears to want go on and on forever. Expensive. But well worthwhile. Regards. Granty.:D
  13. Granty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Car mount for Nexus 7.

Hi That's how it looks. It seems OK. Sat nav works a treat. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2 Regards.
  14. Granty

Hi. Mount arrived and tried. Works a treat and its not to obstructive with the Nexus 4. Easy to get to the heater controls and especially when in landscape. I've got a remote for the radio, so that's solved a minor problem. Regards and thanks. Granty.
  15. Granty

Hi. Found a pic of the Mountek one in a Teg. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Granty

Hi. Looked at this one but could'nt find a demo video with it shown fitted to the rounded vents, similar to the DC5 vents. It would have clamped on down by the gear stick, but this would have been to low, especially when using the Nexus as a sat nav. Thanks and regards. Granty.
  17. Granty

Just tried the Megs Headlight Restore Kit

Hi Made a start with mine. Heavy going by hand so its front middle then back. Well pleased with the condition of the paint for a 2004 car. Regards Granty. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  18. Granty

Hi. Problem overcome. Going to use my Nexus 4 with a Mountek cd slot mount. Got the Nexus just need the mount which is on its way from the States. Regards. Granty.
  19. Granty

Hi. It has some little feet that rest on the dashboard. I agree, it would need to a firm. I've seen one now that fastens into the CD slot. Its very similar to the vent fitting. Regards. Granty. From Granty's Nexus 7.
  20. Granty

I'm trying to find a suitable mount for the above. I'm not keen on windscreen mounts. I've tried suction things and mats and they don't work well. I've seen a Provent mount on EBay that slots into an air vent similar to those on a DC5. Has anyone tried the above with success. Feedback would be...
  21. Granty

DC2 DB8 DC5 New wheels finally on.

Hi and thanks. Its a 2004 pre facelift with black interior and an absolute peach of a drive. Regards.
  22. Granty

DC2 DB8 DC5 New wheels finally on.

Hi. Got some Kei EVOs 17 x 7.5 wheels from Rimstyle after a bit of a search for the right ones for me. Finally decided on these with Falken ZE912s. To date they seem to be a very good combination. Managed to get some pics on. Im a bit new to the adding pics thing, but here goes. Regards...
  23. Granty

New wheels arriving friday.

Wheels finally on. Hi all. Im hoping to get some pics on but not very good at it. Regards.
  24. Granty

Hi all. They're on finally. I had to contact Rimstyle as the centres were ten holes, five bigger ones and five smaller and I was trying to line the five bigger ones up with the studs on the hubs. After speaking to them and rotating the wheel , they dropped into place. It was the first time i...
  25. Granty

Hi All. Finally got the wheels I wanted after after a bit of a nightmare search. There was plenty of wheels to look at but the style I wanted was either out of stock, the wrong colour or the 17x8s, which I was a bit scared of for me DC5, probably wrongly so. Got the following from Rimstyle and...
  26. Granty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Oldest DC5 driver.

Hi. Super little car. Thanks for the pic. It looks well, in a nice country setting aswell. Regards.
  27. Granty

Hi Ron. Sorry for the late reply. Meself brought up on, Morris 8 Tourer. Rover 10. Austin A90 Atlantic. Rover 2000. Two Sciroccos. Audi 80. DC2 UK car and finally 2004 DC5 in Arctic Blue Pearl. One Japanese owner and imported just over two years ago. Its a super little car and enjoying every...
  28. Granty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Recomended DC5 Breakers.

Hi. How did you finally come on with the rear screen. Im interested, as your pain could happen to anyone of us. Especially us with the JDM cars. Regards. Granty.
  29. Granty

Hi. It is yes. The trouble is you can't get into the place without waiting an age. But people still seem prepared to wait for a table. It is quality food and It is worth waiting for. Regards. Granty.
  30. Granty

DC2 DB8 DC5 Recomended DC5 Breakers.

Hi. Gutted for you mate. Keep trying the search engines, hopefully something will come up. Have you tried Dave at Steels Honda, Hereford I've heard he is extremely helpful. I take it the comments Paragraphs FTW don't refer to a breakers yard then. Good luck. Granty.
  31. Granty

Hi. After a while I was hoping to shout out loud "Power to the wrinklies" I suppose I still can but its gonna fall on deaf wrinkley ears. Seems there's not many of us in DC5s. Oh, what are they missing out on? I should say. Still Im surrounded by young people which is not a bad thing. I...
  32. Granty

PS. Dont dare ask for some pics. Its not a pretty sight. The car looks well though.
  33. Granty

Hi. Just thought I would start this one off to see how many wrinklies out there are driving a DC5. With fear of sarcasm here we go. I was born on 04091943 and me and the wife have an Arctic Blue Pearl 2004 DC5 with black interior. Its an absolute gem of a car and a hoot of a drive. Its...
Back