• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. A

Are there any Brakers for Type Rs?

For the life of me I can't find any and i need some odd parts i can get cheap from a brakers I am sure... if i can find one!!!!!
  2. A

Could someone take pictures of their short driveshaft please?

specifically where it goes into the gearbox? thanks!
  3. A

What oil, coolant, spark plugs, gearbox oil should i use to service my K20a?

As per the thread title, Tomorrows job is to drain the oils from my K20s gearbox and engine and fill the engine. I might change the spark plugs but that can be done later if unrated ones from the web are worth ordering :) (I've seen HKS ones but on a stock engine with just a K-Pro is it worth...
  4. A

Can you all share your thoughts on this rubbing pipe? I don't want it killing my K20

Hi guys With my engine back in the TFs subframe there is only 1 issue... The engine has a remote oil filter (and god is it a bit of a mess) but thats not the issue the problem is a pipe is rubbing now i think it might be ok... or i could maybe put some sheeting between it and the subframe...
  5. A

Where can i find/confirm the engine code on a K20?

as per the thread title really... just want to confirm the engine code on my engine really (and let others know where to find it) there are lots of K's out there and i know the K20a3 for example is of much lower tune compared to the K20a out the CTR thanks
  6. A

Tell me about B16 engines please oh knowledgeable ones! :D I'm really confused!

apologies if this is the wrong section but as they were in EKs it seems correct? my TF has had all the fab work done and i just need to glue it all back together now... and im already thinking of project no.2 (this one a tad cheaper!) and it involves the rather excellent (from everything i...
  7. A

Does the Cam (Rocker) Cover have a gasket?

Hey guys i want to paint my rocker/cam cover before i re-fit my K20... but i don't fancy taking it off only to learn that i need to order a gasket or something to put it back on do i need one? if so where should i go to get one :) also is there a how-to on removing it? i've never messed with...
  8. A

buying championship white paint, where can i get it from and is it easy to spray?

hey guys.... my project is coming along really well... should be running in a month or so... but just as i though i was done i have went and dropped the windscreen from my rally car on the dam door :evil: pretty badly scratched my re-spray was going to wait until next winter but now that the...
  9. A

I need to shop for parts but don't know much about the honda scene, can you all help?

hey guys! my project is well on its way now and i need some bits and bobs.... some functional some to make the engine look 'pretty'... but i dont know where to go to buy things or what sites to trust :( For a K20a I need: baffled sump Aluminum pulleys (mine are made of rust) Oil cap...
  10. A

How do I get the drivers side drive shaft out?

I'm in the garage ATM and stuck, the passenger side one popped out dead easy but I'm stuck on the other one :( help me! Lol
  11. A

Changing my alternator belt

Hey guys, thanks to the horendous conversion my TF is the subframe gouged my belt so it needs replacing before i fire the car up again, is it difficult to replace? and, where is best to buy the belt from? a honda dealership or is there somewhere cheaper thats just as good? thanks guys.... oh...
  12. A

What size bore is correct for a k20 or b16 full system?

Ok this one is properly random My TF-R is well on the way to being done, and my other project is a MGZR rally car I need exhausts for both The TF has a k20a, the ZR is still running a rover k series engine but will have a B16 v-tec next year So I need exhaust... The k20 is easy as I...
  13. A

Supercharging Vs Turbo Vs Nos Discussion

maybe a section fail im not sure i'm considering power routs for my TF now that im plodding along with actually getting it running without killing me, the car can handle allot more bhp but i dont want to loose any mpg when im tootling around town i know supercharger kits and widely available...
  14. A

Engine mods without losing fuel economy?

Random i know! My K20a powered TF will get a good 8/9mpg less than my K series powered TF and as its ment to be my 'daily' 'reliable' and 'cheap' car (compared to a stripped out 2.0T Spray fed ZR lol) i want to know what i can do to: A: Improve Fuel economy B: Improve Power, and more...
  15. A

Pictures wanted, K20a Engine mounts

hi guys not sure if this is the right section I got my engine out the TF and im a bit puzzeled... it seems like im missing an engine mount! :o but the problem is i've never seen a K20a just 'sat' with the mounts still attached to the engine... has anyone here dropped a totally standard...
  16. A

K20a Engine, Gearbox and K-Pro ECU... what are they worth?

and whats a good price to pay? not sure if this is the right section sorry just wondering what the tec parts of my TF are worth, the engine, 6 speed gearbox (both from a 04 Type R) and the K-Pro ecu... given the price of petrol and the fact that my ZR is fuel hungry i might sell up the V-TEC...
  17. A

The MG-TF K20a V-TEC Project Thread (very pic heavy)

Not sure if this is in the right section guys as I can't see a project section but as it's all about the engine really I've put it here for now, if the mods want it elsewhere then go for it :)... Before I start I'd like to say a big thanks to the people who gave me tons of advice over a year ago...
  18. A

Need some info on bore

Hey guys, Could you let me know the bore of the standard Civic Type Rs exhaust? The bore of the manifold as well please. Also I read somewhere that the stock engine is highly restrictive so what is the ideal bore? same with mani please :D thanks
  19. A

Does a k20a2 need high octane fuel?

Hey guys, been away for a while but come tomorrow I shall be running v-tec!!!! :D So, random question - do I need to run it off v power?
  20. A

S2000 & NSX Do engine start buttons light up?

hey guys, Unfortunately i don't know anyone who owns a S2000 so i can't look to find out and S2000 start buttons aren't exactly cheap (about £50 on ebay) so i don't want to buy one just to find out they aren't illuminated so all i'd like to know is do they light up?
  21. A

Random question on engine start buttons

Not sure if this is in the right section. I have an engine start button in my TF, but its cheap and nasty... anyway I'm going to pop in a honda one, to go with the honda engine lol... my question's are: Is the Civic start button the same as the S2000 one? and does the button light up...
  22. A

K-Pro, can i use it for digital clocks?

as per the title really, my MGs instrument pack will be pretty much useless once the K20a2 goes in... so i was thinking of hooking a laptop screen up behind where my current instrument pack is and running digital clocks straight off the K-Pro is this possible?
  23. A

K-Pro, price guide for an MG driving super-noob

hey guys... as above really... firstly, are there any dealers that sell them new? the hondata website only lists two in the UK, neither of which have prices on their website secondly what's the going second hand price? and more importantly is there anything i should know before i part...
  24. A

K20a in a MG-TF, British Style, Jap Power!

Hey guys, For the people who were good enough to reply to my post in the newbie section you'll know some of this info but please bare with me :) As per the thread title I'm converting my already heavily modified MG-TF to use a K20a V-TEC engine, the engine swap is a good year off still mainly...
Back