• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. rigsby

My pre face lift ep3

Did you drop the subframe? im not going to do it that way. I was looking at the rear mount the other day and looks like all you need to do is unbolt the mount and remove it, lots of guides say you need to unbolt the downpipe?
  2. rigsby

My pre face lift ep3

Any tips for doing the mounts?
  3. rigsby

ribbit's EP3

Do you still have the backbox?
  4. rigsby

ribbit's EP3

How does the sportex exhaust sound? I've been looking at buying that backbox , it looks well on the car
  5. rigsby

EP3 Ashtray help

Had a beer and some pizza and it's all Sorted now, the metal clips needed bending out
  6. rigsby

EP3 Ashtray help

No I didn't clean, i never use it.
  7. rigsby

EP3 Ashtray help

Just had the ashtray out while doing some work, went to pop it back in and it's really loose now?. Cant get it sit nice and tight, definitely wasn't loose before I removed it, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
  8. rigsby

My Milano Red CTR

Did you sort the abs light out?
  9. rigsby

EP3 ABS code reader APP

Anyone recommend an iphone app that reads the ABS module? i have dash command and TORQUE app but its not picking up ABS codes? my ABS light keeps coming on, so there should be a code present? thanks
  10. rigsby

Brake squeal when driving

Appears to be the sliders jamming. they don't move freely even when all cleaned up and greased, so ordered some new ones, hopefully will cure it
  11. rigsby

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

looks like a top job that, need to do mine as well. i was going to do the oem wrinkle finish but i do like yours. Where did you get all the paint from?
  12. rigsby

Good shout , I'll check that, cheers!
  13. rigsby

the piston wound back easy, stripped and greased the sliders. I can't feel any pulling but does feel like the brakes are dragging. ill have another look, maybe file the pads down/ remove and clean the pad retainers?
  14. rigsby

yeah, I greased the back of the pads
  15. rigsby

My drivers side front wheel is constantly covered in brake dust. (white wheels , so easy to spot) It squeals when driving, especially when turning right. Ive regressed all the sliders and the piston winds back fine, so I'm at a loss. my car has standard calipers with project mu pads, any...
  16. rigsby

quick question

i would go for a flow stack/blox filter
  17. rigsby

TomCat's Milano Red EP3

Ha, this made me laugh
  18. rigsby

Help with exhaust fitting

Yeah I'm sending it back and getting refunded hopefully . Yhen getting an r8byb pipe or an m2 one.
  19. rigsby

This is a joke, the donut gasket doesn't fit because the b-pipe is a bigger bore, and still not lining up with holes. b-pipe holes centre to centre measure 125mm spoon n1 holes centre to centre measure 115mm ive emailed Jokespeed to see what they have to say no one else had this problem ? Fml
  20. rigsby

I've ordered a donut gasket and bolts/springs from Honda today, hopefully it will fit with oem hardwear, if not I will drill out the holes on the b-pipe
  21. rigsby

[/URL][/IMG]
  22. rigsby

Just went to put a spoon n1 and japspeed b-pipe but the won't fit together ? The holes on the b-pipe flange are further apart than the spoon n1 holes, so can't get the bolts through. Granted I didn't have original back box springs/bolts and donut gasket but surely the holes should still line up?
  23. rigsby

TYPE-R Carbon Effect door Sills EP3

Wtf are they doing? Must be a big server lol as soon as it's back up I'll get the next batch going. I did your mugen /type r mock up on today on the computer, I'll send you a pic tomorrow
  24. rigsby

TYPE-R Carbon Effect door Sills EP3

Hi folks , yes ctro is down still. i can post international that's fine. don't come on here much, so pm me over on ctro when it's back up. cheers lads!
  25. rigsby

HiD kit Help

is it prefacelift or facelift? preface= H4 facelift= H1
  26. rigsby

is there much difference?

its fine, i think the cold air feed was the biggest +, teamed with a straight through b-pipe works really well........ no plans to change the set up anyway:) Although i have been thinking of making a scoop in the front grill for the caf
  27. rigsby

EP3 exhaust sounding pretty fruity!

Sounds like you have an un-silenced b-pipe, have a look underneath the car to see if the b-pipe has a silencer or not
  28. rigsby

Pre-facelift to Facelift Headlight Conversion

what a faf, passed today with standard bulbs in.................................................................HIDS are now back in :)
  29. rigsby

Failed MOT today....................bulbs too blue :( , need to buy some h1 bulbs and bulb holders now FFS
  30. rigsby

well i got it sorted, i dont think i had the bulb seated properly(i don't really know? ) tried 2 diffrent bulbs and they were worse so went back to the original bulb and it works spot on now though..........cheers for your help fella
  31. rigsby

ah right cheers fella, ive swapped the ballasts over and bought some new bulbs and still the drivers side flickers regardless of the the engine running or not.
  32. rigsby

Ash, where did you get your hid kit from? my drivers side is still flickering :(
  33. rigsby

Thats good to know, cheers fella
  34. rigsby

Ah right, better than my bluetack lol, got some sidelight holders on order anyway, the hids were fine this morning................they look so gooood. you had an MOT with the hids in yet? mines next month, fingers crossed it passes
  35. rigsby

Well finally did it today, but i forgot to get sidelight bulb holders, so they are held in with bluetack till i pick some up from honda on tuesday. Quite pleased but the hids seem to be flickering abit, do they take a few mins to warm up? also my drivers side headlight keeps adjusting itself...
  36. rigsby

whoa! they look really blue, or is it the camera making them look blue, are they 8000k?
  37. rigsby

Right, my H1 hid kit came yesterday and i managed to get the indicator connectors of a jazz at the local scrappy, so im all set to do the coversion one weekend before the dark nights creep up on me..............can't wait to see how the hids light up the road at night
  38. rigsby

Fitting springs fail

You need: plus gas ball joint splitter hammer soak the ball joint in plus gas, once soaked hit the arm( not the steering arm) on the strut 2 or 3 times, then get your ball joint splitter on and it should come off. Make sure you leave the nut on the end of the ball joint otherwise you will...
  39. rigsby

No Vtec in 6th gear

me too WTF, But had to try it this morning( on my mates goat farm), vtec in 6th does engage. When was it last serviced?
  40. rigsby

Hawk ceramic pads

ok fella's, wont be trying them then...................... reviews of the cosworth pads seem good, maybe worth a punt?
  41. rigsby

05 Milano red / now lowered with pics

loving it mate, looks so nice, whats the colour of the wheels?
  42. rigsby

UNSILENCED B-PIPE to a HKS SILENT HI-POWER

Dont know if this is the same zorst as yours ,but gives you an idea..............retarded camber optional:confused::D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndx5p8h3Ds
  43. rigsby

Hawk ceramic pads

Really:o.......is that the case with all carbon ceramic pads? what was brake dust like?
  44. rigsby

Hawk ceramic pads

Anyone tried these yet? getting fed up with my ds2500's brake dust:evil: want to try a good pad with less dust
  45. rigsby

my first type r ep3

its so GORY i can't see it:D
  46. rigsby

Just got my rubber covers off ebay for £9:D/
  47. rigsby

spoon n1 copy?

Ah right, i thought it was the newer ones which had a plaque
  48. rigsby

spoon n1 copy?

:tumble:............does anyone know if the spoon b-pipe should have a plaque?
  49. rigsby

spoon n1 copy?

Looking into buying a spoon n1 and b-pipe off a forum member, i asked if it had the spoon plaque and it hasn't, thats not a problem as i know its only the later ones which had that, but has crossed my mind it could be a copy. Question is how the hell do you know youve got the real deal when...
  50. rigsby

Spoon n1 measurements

656mm tip, that'll stick out abit:lol:
  51. rigsby

i thought i read you paid £25ish............oh feck it ill just order them online:lol:
  52. rigsby

this price for the bulb holders seems abit steep? did you paid £25?? from honda original parts with delivery it was £45
  53. rigsby

yeah its the dipped beam where the pre face lights struggle, full beam is great . hids it is then
  54. rigsby

i dont know when i will be doing this, i wanna do it now but need to get all the bits and bobs together. I will be getting hids but prob in winter, see what the light output is like, prob crap like prefacelift lights:D
  55. rigsby

thanks Ash, told you i was **** at this :lol: Just been into the garage to test fit the h3 bulbs, they didnt seem to fit snug, does this look right
  56. rigsby

Ash , did you have to buy a pair of H1 bulb holders? and i cant seem to see what you did about the H1 connections? .....sorry dude just going to order my bits from "honda original parts".
  57. rigsby

Ash ,on the back of my headlights where the h3 bulb goes, there are 3 screws? do you just loosen these off pop the bulb in and tighten the screws or am i missing something, i have the h3 bulbs with like a right angled plastic connection already on
  58. rigsby

It looks so much better with the facelift lights, cool pictures:cool: cheers for the fusebox pic I'm currently on the lookout for someone breaking a facelift, so i can get all the bits in one go
  59. rigsby

just got a qoute from honda for all the bulb holders and covers, as stated in the ctro thread............................came to £97:eek: I am now on the lookout for someone breaking a facelift:lol: Q ash- do the sidelights plug straight in?
  60. rigsby

nice one, ive actually got the headlights with apparently half the wiring already converted,(its got wires going in and out of the h4 plug??) got the H1 bulbs got the hb3 bulbs, just need the bulb holders and connectors and the covers for the back of the headlights. I'll post some pics up of...
  61. rigsby

Cheers Ash, im going to do this just got to get all my bits together. are these the right indicator bulbs?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRA-SILVERTEC-CAPLESS-INDICATOR-SILVER-T20-BU582S-X2-/160601248581?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2564949345
  62. rigsby

It just baffles me mate:smt101 i just don't get electrics You got some pictures of your fuse box open showing what youve done, where did you get all your electric cables,relays etc
  63. rigsby

Do you want to do mine?, where abouts are you?
  64. rigsby

Recommend me brakes for Civic EP3

ds2500s are very good, but i dont track the car and the brake dust is getting on my nerves, so wont be buying again..........................heard good things about project mu pads
  65. rigsby

.: Faith's Satin Silver Type R - Rare ARC Goodie Added 6/7 :.

I cant believe that is the same colour as joe's sick coloured oem's, they must of mixed the paint wrong:eek: looks stunning mate.........:cool: ....who's gonna be the first to try this colour on there oem's then??
  66. rigsby

Carbon wrapped door sills? Anyone? Joe?

Here you go Fella
  67. rigsby

Preface EP3 Civic Type R : Replace Front Bumper, grille, Splitter

that guide is for facelift version, where the grill comes off easy did you fit your facelift headlights civic2fast4u?
  68. rigsby

Preface EP3 Civic Type R : Replace Front Bumper, grille, Splitter

you can remove the grill without taking the bumper off.......tis abit tricky though. Nice write up Joe:cool: i will be using this guide in a few weeks when i attempt the facelift headlight conversion
  69. rigsby

Gold nut on right hand side of airbox??

Tighten it, its a long bolt that holds the airbox down
  70. rigsby

is there much difference?

Thats what ive got, hondata modded airbox/ do-luck filter/ 90mm cold air feed to front grill.
  71. rigsby

My Milano Red CTR

I prefered it with the pink roof, sorry........................looked amazing before it got attacked by a roll of di-noc
  72. rigsby

FRSU - check setup

How long did your tyres last with that camber?
  73. rigsby

Knock in steering

Have you still got play in the centre of the rack?
  74. rigsby

Knock in steering

here you go mate -53605S5A003-SLIDER
  75. rigsby

Ash ep3's Championship White Honda Civic Type R 30th Anni - parts from japan pg7

looks sweet fella:smt023 especially with the carbon bonnet, needs lowering now though
  76. rigsby

Knock in steering

here you go fella http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?73469-steering-rack-slider&highlight=slider
  77. rigsby

Knock in steering

You need a new steering rack slider mate
  78. rigsby

Carbon wrapped door sills? Anyone? Joe?

Alright sonny, its me who makes them, made a set for myself originally and was pleased with the results, sold quite a few sets on ebay and everyone is very happy with them. pm me if you want to discuss anything:smt023
  79. rigsby

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

Now youv'e de-wipered you seem to have a big plastic circle on your rear windscreen:lol: Sorted your rattle out yet?
  80. rigsby

wheel alignment after LCA's?

:( Bummer
  81. rigsby

wheel alignment after LCA's?

Basically just had my FRSU done the other day, but i now have some rear lca's and lower tie bar to fit, is this gonna put the wheel alignement out??
  82. rigsby

Fitting lowering springs yourself?

the rear bolts that go through the bottom of the shock are the ones that will be siezed if any, took me ages to get the n/s rear off, the o/s rear was completley siezed, had to admit defeat and take to a garage. The job itself is easy peasy mate...............the EP3 is an easy car to work on...
  83. rigsby

Spoon Radiator Cap Logo Disc

buy cheap, buy twice:lol:
  84. rigsby

Integra DC5 - Dyno video page 3

Ive just checked where Helmsdale is lol................looks a nice place to be mate, stunnning pics/car
  85. rigsby

^Joe's Satin OEM EP3

That looks the business mate:cool: what springs/suspension set up you got joe?
  86. rigsby

eps steering

Ah right then, perfectly normal and not a problem. Ty get a vid up so we know what your on about:lol:
  87. rigsby

eps steering

What EXACTLY is the prolem, are you saying that if your going round a tight corner, when then the corner straightens out, instead of loosening your grip on the wheel and letting the steering wheel spin back to the centre, you have to physically turn it yourself??............is that right? Mine...
  88. rigsby

ABP Eibach vs Eibach pro kit.. pics

Anyone got any pics of the Eibach Pro Kit fitted?
  89. rigsby

Cheers Allen, that is a nice drop, what b-pipe was on your ep3? My exhaust only scrapes lightly at certain angles, did you have any probs with speed bumps etc?
  90. rigsby

Well the time has come to lower my ctr, now with the standard setup my supersprint b-pipe scrapes when i pull onto my drive, so dont want to go too low. I believe the pro kit is -25 and the abp kit is -30/35, is this right? is there any difference apart from height? Anyone had any knocking etc...
  91. rigsby

Vtec light......hmmmmm!

Yeah you did right not to fit the gay light...........whats the point in it, Im going to wire an air horn to mine, so when i hit vtec hooooooooooooooooooonnk:lol:, just so me and everyone else knows im in vtec:smt042
  92. rigsby

$$ davis $$ cosmic ep3 painted brake callipers

Epic fail:smt043
  93. rigsby

Yeah the rusty Hub part of the discs, not the friction part ffs:smt101 :lol:
  94. rigsby

That colour really suits the cosmic, what colour did you get? Need to paint your discs now:p
  95. rigsby

EP3 steering rack slider

Well all done and now no more knocking, the metal part of the slider had come apart from the plastic which resulted in major play. I also replaced 2 track rod ends aswell as one split on removal, so replaced them both. Ive been trying to find the cause of this for ages which included a full diag...
  96. rigsby

215/45/17 on ep3

As Neily said ................and 215/40 would look a damn site better than 215/45
Back