• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Dman7

Help Required.

i belive it to be the crank sensor, and i also dont know if it is housed externally or internally, i would take a punt and say externally. but couldnt know any more. is there any dc5 owners on here that would know that answer or are they all different?
  2. Dman7

Help Required.

the DC5 broke down two weeks ago whilst driving home, all power went and the dials all dropped like the engine was off and engine light came on and wouldnt start for couple hours, its been in the garage and fault coded was the crank sensor, so after putting a new part in, it ran fine all week...
  3. Dman7

DC2 DB8 DC5 RIMS?

Woud a 18x9 os +48 5x114.3 rim fit on my dc5 nicely?
  4. Dman7

DC2 DB8 DC5 new rim opinions?

iv got rolled arches so it takes the 18s to fill them nicely, worried 17s will look a little lost, im edgeing towards the white myself as its inkeeping with the car.
  5. Dman7

DC2 DB8 DC5 new rim opinions?

looking to get a new set of rims as my current one has split and it cant be repaired/replaced. http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/18_Inch_Samurai_D1R_White_Red_Alloy_Wheels__1385 thinking these drawn to them for some reason any opinions on which would look better? black with red lip or white...
  6. Dman7

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 owner age

i was 21 when i got mine.
  7. Dman7

Urgently needed!!

Does anybody have a set or at rare chance a single wheel of these Volk Racing Rays SE37A- PCD 114.3 os +45? one of mine has cracked, i got it repaired and the repaired failed, causeing it to crack worse and resulted in a blowout aswell. love the rims on my dc5... dont want to get different if...
  8. Dman7

Urgent help required!

hello all i need to know the standard stud pattern o/s ect to order news rims for my DC5 as i have just found out what i thought a was a slow puncture was actually a cracked rim! :( or if anybody knows where i can get a cheap single rim or new set asap? regards
  9. Dman7

Brake pads

hello guys, how can i find out what spec front brake pads i require for my 2001 dc5? im hoping theres a way with out me having to take the exisisting off. just want to check im ordering the correct pads to fit before making the order and finding out they dont fit after trying regards Dan
  10. Dman7

Right turn=Loss of power!

im going to try and get something off the price when i call back, what is honda care may i ask? i didnt even know of this TGM in fleet, other wise it would have been an option, i assume there good for honda's
  11. Dman7

exactly hence my worries! its at the honda dealer in newbury berks!
  12. Dman7

aparently the chain is stretched and needs new 02/crank sensors and the bill is going to be 1700 aprox! any thoughts on this?
  13. Dman7

ok so if he does come back saying its streched and needs replaceing, i should ask how its obvious to tell. it started to do it during general driving so that would take into account the fact the crank/O2 dosent care! im wondering if the combined fact of low oil and O2/crank sensor broken...
  14. Dman7

had my car booked into garage for service and to investigate problem with engine cutting out while driving. spoke to the mechanic after investigating he believes there are sensor problems (o2 and crank sensors i belive) but he wants to check the timing chain is not stretched as it could be the...
  15. Dman7

it crossed my mind, but the light has done it before and iv never had a problem untill now. will do it this evening! thank you
  16. Dman7

the engine light is sometimes on then it goes off then comes on for a bit then off again. not sure why, but its another problem i have booked it in to be looked at.
  17. Dman7

that is my intension now to get it looked at properly now i know its not a quick fix. i also agree that unless you have had same problem you wont be able to say exactly what it is. but i thought i would update for any who are interested into what it might be.
  18. Dman7

update for you all..... topped up the oil, filled the tank to brim.........and it still lost power, and now its doing it during driving, iv noticed it mainly when im sitting around 4000-5000rpm and then i completely come off the power, the rev needle flicks then all power dies?
  19. Dman7

the oil was on the low side have topped it up, hasnt happend yet but havent really driven it to much. and i dont belive fuel has anything to do with it as its happend regardless of the amount of fuel in the tank.
  20. Dman7

Daft question but what is the EML? i hope thats is blasmphy ** asking.
  21. Dman7

not yet unfortunalty im at work and will not be able to check till tonight! you think a simple top up and the problem will go away?
  22. Dman7

if i turn the wheels hard that direction yes, not if i slowly try and make the turn, or if i dip the clutch turn then go.
  23. Dman7

by hard right i mean any thing more than a small turn in the road for example a 45-90degree corner...speed isnt a factor really. havent tried parking so cannot comment if it affects that. it stalls and all the engine lights come on then i just turn the key and it goes again.
  24. Dman7

i havent checked, will do and get back to you on that.
  25. Dman7

when i turn hard to the right the engine loses all power and dies, i can start it straight away and it goes but as you could imageing the car dieing when i turn right is becomeing a problem. it dosent seem to happen when i dip the clutch before i turn. any ideas as the cause? regards danny
  26. Dman7

DC2 DB8 DC5 FSH

Spot on, i will order myself one now! Thanks Milano.
  27. Dman7

DC2 DB8 DC5 FSH

Hi All Ovbiously as we all know the DC5 is jap and the log books and manuals are in japanese, just wondering when you get a service done, what do you ise to get the stamp to keep a full service history of the car? is there a place in one of the books for that at the moment i have been geting...
  28. Dman7

NEW breather pipe

yes that would be the one, where can i get new one for blitz indction kit or should any pipe fit as long as filter diamiter fits inside?
  29. Dman7

NEW breather pipe

the main pipe which connects filter to the engine, the big old boy, with all the little pipes attached to it. need replacement
  30. Dman7

NEW breather pipe

hello iv got an blitz aftermarket indution kit on my dc5 came on it. was wondering if any body knew of a place i can get replacement pipes as mine has a fair sized crack in it? regards
  31. Dman7

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

well then in that case im not fronting as im the named driver and its in my name which i pay for. my mother is on the policy as i work away and she likes to have a little go altho it probaly does help bring insurance down abit, but in the event of claim i have my doubts that will happern. but...
  32. Dman7

What is fronting may i ask?
  33. Dman7

sorry for takeing so long to reply havent been on for while. i am cureently with elephant, i have 4 years driveing a 3 years no claims with parent on the policy although i am named driver
  34. Dman7

DC5 heater problem....fuse or bigger fault?

i looked in the said places for the filters (thanks for uploaded vidieo was very helpfull) i found there wasnt any exsisting inside, would this mean its the possibilty its sucked muck up into the fan hence why its not working. have ordered and fitted filters now.
  35. Dman7

ok ** have to look into that first thing in morning. and just to clarify, if it is like one on left it could be reason for the fans not to be blowing through with any power? is there a guid in how to drop drown the glove box for accses or simple enough to do when looking at it? regards
  36. Dman7

haha yes i think my abilitys can stretch that far i it just cant find which fuse realates to the heater as i can read the manual weres its normally indicated. and this is probly going to make me sound even more stupid, but what is and were do i find said pollen filter? accessibility? regards
  37. Dman7

hello just hopeing someone has more mechanical experience than i do and can help. the heater on my dc5 is not blowing out the air i turn it onto full power and nothing happerns, its still getting hot and comeing out but very slowly and also can change if its on feet,face or window just seems...
  38. Dman7

im 21 and have got a dc5 fully comp for £1200 not bad if you ask me!
  39. Dman7

1/4 Mile Times

thanks jayK, im a little surprized with that, few mods would have like to and thought dc5's would be able to run sub 14.
  40. Dman7

1/4 Mile Times

not sure if iv missed it but has anyone ran a non supercharged dc5? if so what times you clocking?
Back