• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

£3k to spend on mods, what would you buy? I made a decision - page 2. :)

I would like to know if you had £3000 what modifications would you buy to start boosting the power?

I would like to start with:

- HIDs (dipped headlights), aftermarket bulbs (main beam, fogs, sidelights) ~£250
- Fast road set up + branded springs + adjustable rear camber arms ~£550 fitted
- Fast road pads + goodridge brakeline kit + Motul fluid ~£300 fitted

What would you spend the other £1900 on? For obvious reasons I prefer second-hand parts.

EDIT: People with knowledge and experience need only apply (no offence).

Last edited by a moderator:
second hand Stoptech big brake kit - £1000
Quaiffe LSD - one on here for £450
Toda manifold - should get one for £500

I would go F>I>S>H
Full exhaust system (cat back and mani)
Induction kit
Springs with fast road set up
Hondata with rolling road set up

don't forget the labour cost for fitting the items aswell!

LSD is very expensive to fit, those 3 items alone would cost close to £1000 in labour to do!:eek:

I think about CAI, 4-2-1 manifold, b pipe, K100 = ~£1300 fitted and tuned (all parts second-hand).

Still £600 to spend... Lightweight rims (7.5kg each) with decent tyres (Proxes T1-R) or JDM ARB + JDM LSD?

second hand Stoptech big brake kit - £1000
Quaiffe LSD - one on here for £450
Toda manifold - should get one for £500
If i had some spare cash id buy the stop techs and the diff straight away,good price and there 2 things i want for my car.:(

Spoon LSD
Uprated brakes
JDM anti roll bar
Gruppe-M
K-Pro
Bracing, front, rear etc

Just need to choose what fits your needs best.

If you are going Exhaust/Manifold route just be careful what you choose if you do track days with regard to noise limits.

Spoon LSD
Uprated brakes
JDM anti roll bar
Gruppe-M
K-Pro
Bracing, front, rear etc

Just need to choose what fits your needs best.

If you are going Exhaust/Manifold route just be careful what you choose if you do track days with regard to noise limits.
Yes I know. My favourites are: DC/Toda 4-2-1 manifold, Supersprint silenced b pipe and OEM backbox.

Gruppe-M is too noisy, maybe ITG Maxogen will suit me better?

Guys: Any reviews of strut braces, ARB, JDM LSD?

I have the JDM rear-ARB, Carbing rear tie-bar, Spoon rear-upper strut, Carbing Type-II front brace and fast-road setup..

Addition of the rear reinforcements has made the car more planted in sweeping bends but more skittish on B-roads. Of the three, the JDM-ARB is the most noticable.

I went for the Carbing Type-II brace as I have a Spoon ETD fitted. The brace has provided a greater 'accuracy' in the steering and I feel that the car is more levelled in the faster corners.

Fast-road setup was a pennies well spent mod' and something that I would do to all cars that I will own. The car felt more alive as I drove back home. More forgiving before kicking its rear out and more concentration needed when driving on the M-ways/A-roads.

However, and I will admit, reinforcing the car on the whole has made it more twitchy in the wet - something I have always respected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the JDM rear-ARB, Carbing rear tie-bar, Spoon rear-upper strut, Carbing Type-II front brace and fast-road setup..

Addition of the rear reinforcements has made the car more planted in sweeping bends but more skittish on B-roads. Of the three, the JDM-ARB is the most noticable.

I went for the Carbing Type-II brace as I have a Spoon ETD fitted. The brace has provided a greater 'accuracy' in the steering and I feel that the car is more levelled in the faster corners.

Fast-road setup was a pennies well spent mod' and something that I would do to all cars that I will own. The car felt more alive as I drove back home. More forgiving before kicking its rear out and more concentration needed when driving on the M-ways/A-roads.

However, and I will admit, reinforcing the car on the whole has made it more twitchy in the wet - something I have always respected.

Thanks for your opinion. :smt023

After a wee research I decided that I will buy:

- HIDs (dipped headlights), aftermarket bulbs (main beam, fogs, sidelights)
- ABP springs + adjustable rear camber arms + ABP fast road set up + JDM front and rear ARB + JDM LSD
- Ferodo DS2500 pads + Goodridge brakeline kit + Motul RBF 600 racing brake fluid
- DC 4-2-1 racing manifold + Supersprint silenced bpipe + ITG Maxogen + K100 + rolling road mapping session @ TDI north
- 16" lightweight rims + Toyo Proxes T1-R

Most of these parts will be second-hand so I woun't go over my budget too much. :) What do you think?

After a wee research I decided that I will buy:

- HIDs (dipped headlights), aftermarket bulbs (main beam, fogs, sidelights)
- ABP springs + adjustable rear camber arms + ABP fast road set up + JDM front and rear ARB + JDM LSD
- Ferodo DS2500 pads + Goodridge brakeline kit + Motul RBF 600 racing brake fluid
- DC 4-2-1 racing manifold + Supersprint silenced bpipe + ITG Maxogen + K100 + rolling road mapping session @ TDI north
- 16" lightweight rims + Toyo Proxes T1-R

Most of these parts will be second-hand so I woun't go over my budget too much. :) What do you think?

IIRC you have to go to CPL for this

because only CPL work on the k100, phone tdi on 01925 289100 and ask paul if you dont believe me!

Back