• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2004 CTR induction kit

Is there any iduction kit for one of these that gives it a nice roar without it having to be in the VTEC?

AEM Cold air if you don't wanna spend the bare dollar. If you want to splash the cash, Gruppe M is the daddy. About same performance wise, totally different beasts when it comes to noise. I've had both, love the M for the looks, but the AEM is raw in sound and hella cheaper.:twisted:

AEM Cold air if you don't wanna spend the bare dollar. If you want to splash the cash, Gruppe M is the daddy. About same performance wise, totally different beasts when it comes to noise. I've had both, love the M for the looks, but the AEM is raw in sound and hella cheaper.:twisted:

Thanks the Gruppe M is too expensive for me so is this the same AEM cold air system that you are meaning

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-COLD-AIR-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414a05b929

Thanks DC

Thanks the Gruppe M is too expensive for me so is this the same AEM cold air system that you are meaning

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEM-COLD-AIR-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item414a05b929

Thanks DC

Yeah, looks slightly different to that one though. It routes down into the front bumper so you get a real good feed of cold air. I have it at the moment and the gains are very noticable. The mid range pull is easily felt. The only issue is you can get Hydrolock, basically water intake into the engine. The one thing is though, to get full Hydrolock you would need to be in a puddle about 2 feet deep, by which time the water would be coming in your sills, so Hydrolock would be the last of your worries:lol: I and many others have driven with the AEM in som of the worst weather imaginable and never seen a single issue. I live in Devon and where i am it is constantly flooded and huge puddles are everywhere, never been worried at all about the kit. It does get some protection from the wheel well plastics. Anything else mate, just ask;)

i agree also have the aem and it makes a hell of a noise and an even better one at the initial kick of the v tec.

Mate, save and get the GM it's so worth it! No fear of hydro lock either! You'll not be disappointed with it, although prices are on the steep side at the moment due to exchange rates.

PROS-:
The noise
The gains
No hydro lock

CONS-:
The price
Poor fit replacement scuttle panel

Hope this helps:)

The Gruppe M is good, but the cost is a joke at the moment due to the poor Yen to Pound rate. It is an amazing bit of kit, and that huge lump of Carbon Blingy under the bonnet looks great, my mate used to say it sounds like Dart Vader with Asthma:lol: The AEM is also a great piece of kit if you don't want to spend out the cash. Hydrolock is VERY VERY rare, i think i have seen two incidents of it on the yank EP forums, and that was idiots who tried to cross Fords in their car, so their own fault really. Like i say, i have driven in some awful weather and never seen an issue. Gunn who used to come on here was in the same situation as me, Devon, mud, rain, cow sh@t, dirty lanes and deep puddles. He took his cone off to clean, and it was surprisingly not too bad. The wheel plastics do stop a lot of crap from getting in to the filter area. I would recomend both systems for power gains, but if you don't have the cash, the AEM is easily the winner, just for downright value;)

The Gruppe M is good, but the cost is a joke at the moment due to the poor Yen to Pound rate. It is an amazing bit of kit, and that huge lump of Carbon Blingy under the bonnet looks great, my mate used to say it sounds like Dart Vader with Asthma:lol: The AEM is also a great piece of kit if you don't want to spend out the cash. Hydrolock is VERY VERY rare, i think i have seen two incidents of it on the yank EP forums, and that was idiots who tried to cross Fords in their car, so their own fault really. Like i say, i have driven in some awful weather and never seen an issue. Gunn who used to come on here was in the same situation as me, Devon, mud, rain, cow sh@t, dirty lanes and deep puddles. He took his cone off to clean, and it was surprisingly not too bad. The wheel plastics do stop a lot of crap from getting in to the filter area. I would recomend both systems for power gains, but if you don't have the cash, the AEM is easily the winner, just for downright value;)

The price is just insane there is plenty of better things to do for that money.
My friend might be getting his k&n typhoon back and he said i could have that so for free its worth a try if not i think i will just go with the AEM.
As for hydrolock there is a lad over here who had one of those pipercross venom style systems on his DC5 and water went up it into the engine a one of the rods went through the side of the block :eek: but you can get them skins for the AEM filter that stops water ingress so ill get one of them if i go down that route just to be safe.

To be honest mate, i wouldn't bother with the K&N, even for free. Again, had it, got rid, quick. The heat soak from it is attrotious. You will get nothing but loads of noise, and a lack of power. The hydro cover for the AEM is great, keep meaning to get one for my car.

Don't think the sites been updated for a while. Be very suprised if they would supply the GM for that money! I think a tad over 600 quid is the going rate at the moment.

Probably not mate. TDi North were one of the first to get on the tuning bandwagon when it came to the EP3 in the UK, so they have a good reputation withing the community. Give them a call first just to make sure;)

Back