• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2007 CW FD2 - Update 22/01/12 Wheels and Grill Pg 12

What sort of power would you expect to make once you get in mapped?

Not to sure yet. Meant to be 225 standard but alot are making closer to 240.

No better...possibly worse.

Decat is probably 80% of the way there for about 15-20% of the cost. I only got a Toda manifold cos it was going cheap.

15-20%? Can get a decat for £100 and Toda manifold is £1400+

Cost of that manifold I could get Gruppe M/J's intake and Flashpro.

Better gains?

Looks better fitted...

f6d6a194.jpg

79b186a6.jpg

e549e64f.jpg

Most of that is due to exchange rate though I think.

Missus is moaning car is too loud now? WTF?

I was going to change my front and rear speakers, but after doing some reading up found theres not much point having rears altogether.
I decided to upgrade my fronts and get a small sub for my boot or a under seat one.

Went in my loft the other day and found a small sub and 400w 4 channel amp I forgot I had.

Decided to fit it this week so thought I'd share my install...

I pulled the seats out as I was having trouble getting the amp wires to the boot. I'm glad I did as found a nice brace to mount the sub to using some conduit saddles donated by work.

5b008678.jpg

7619fe7a.jpg

7d368633.jpg

As I had removed the seats I took advantage of being able to run the cables/wires all nice and neat.
And run them so they came out right near the amp rather than up the side of the boot

b1776e59.jpg

414df357.jpg

I mounted the amp under the parcel shelf as its steel and to keep it up out of the way and tidy.

21565187.jpg

c1368fa5.jpg

Done...

8fa20850.jpg

Is that a OEM brace running across the back? Awesome. Always heard it was there but never seen it before.

Cool job Allen, nice and tidy, and you still have a tonne of room for the shopping bags :lol:

Back