• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2010 FN2 GT - Deep Sappire Blue Pearl

What a ****, I hope he got seriously hurt! Sorry that it was a decent person like yourself who was is able to pay for insurance and abide by the law that was hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
mugged how are you proceeding with litigation? are you getting money back from MIB? did you have to get your insurance company involved?

pay someone from watford a grand to kill him if you have his address.

mugged how are you proceeding with litigation? are you getting money back from MIB? did you have to get your insurance company involved?

If you're hit by an uninsured driver, you'er pretty much f#@ked in this country, claim is done on my policy, so I am left to cover the cost of the premiums over the next five years. He goes to court and gets a conviction and a fine, he won't pay the fine because he's on benefits and doesn't work so it will be written off and he gets blacklisted. So I keep his sorry ass alive paying my taxes and then when he crashes my car I have to pick up the bill!? There is something wrong with this country!

Next step MIB claim for depreciation, increase in premiums for the next 5 years, excess, whiplash to my missus. Problem is the police were partly responsible for the accident because they were chasing this guy. It's all a bit messy and I hate it :(

If you're hit by an uninsured driver, you'er pretty much f#@ked in this country, claim is done on my policy, so I am left to cover the cost of the premiums over the next five years. He goes to court and gets a conviction and a fine, he won't pay the fine because he's on benefits and doesn't work so it will be written off and he gets blacklisted. So I keep his sorry ass alive paying my taxes and then when he crashes my car I have to pick up the bill!? There is something wrong with this country!

Next step MIB claim for depreciation, increase in premiums for the next 5 years, excess, whiplash to my missus. Problem is the police were partly responsible for the accident because they were chasing this guy. It's all a bit messy and I hate it :(

Some insurers only ask if you've made a claim in the last 3 years so after 3 years just use one of them, Privilege and and Chris Knott are two. ;)

what a nightmare mate,I've had a bit of bad luck recently but nothing to this what a gutter,i think i would of kicked him right up the backside when he was trashed on the deck little toe rag.

Ohh man, I only just seen this thread...havent been on here in a while. Im so sorry to see whats happened Jerry...your car was immaculate!

Really hope that you and your misses were ok and the stupid **** gets everything thrown at him.

Ohh man, I only just seen this thread...havent been on here in a while. Im so sorry to see whats happened Jerry...your car was immaculate!

Really hope that you and your misses were ok and the stupid **** gets everything thrown at him.

Dave mate you wouldn't believe the stress I've been through the last couple weeks. One saving grace is that she's being looked after by an Aston Martin and Jaguar approved repairer and the General Manager Joel is an understanding petrol head too who has given his word to the quality of workmanship. He told me she's a rare one and will make her look like she came out the factory again :) and I should get her back this Friday! :D Japfest 2 in 2 weeks aswell so I really hope she's ready.

This is where she is: http://www.cougaraccidentrepair.com/

hope it comes out like new it's a lovely looking car, never seen one in that colour around. :)

First of all nice car mate, 2nd is a bit of advice.... If the police were persuing the biker at the time then the accident would be classed as a 'POLACC' (Police Accident). This means that the police have a certian amount of liability. The police dont have insurance as such, just a large amount of money put up as 'Security' if something does happen. I think it's more than worth speaking to citizens advice/solicitor and see where you can go with this, I wouldnt let it stand!!....

All the best and I hope she comes back as new ;)

First of all nice car mate, 2nd is a bit of advice.... If the police were persuing the biker at the time then the accident would be classed as a 'POLACC' (Police Accident). This means that the police have a certian amount of liability. The police dont have insurance as such, just a large amount of money put up as 'Security' if something does happen. I think it's more than worth speaking to citizens advice/solicitor and see where you can go with this, I wouldnt let it stand!!....

All the best and I hope she comes back as new ;)

I thought this was true too, I thought if they were chasing in a built up area or if other people were around then they are supposed to back off to try and reduce the offender crashing into other people.

I'd check with citizens advice or a solicitor too, might get some $$$ out of it for some new mods :)

i would have to agree with PMP. even if it ended up costing you £500-£1000 pounds in fees i would consider that as money well spent to get in touch with a good motoring based solicitor and claim claim claim. you could put in for extra costs such as money taken off from missing work, taxis and so on in order to recoup that solictor fee and help to offset the next 3-5 years of black mark on your insurance record.

when you google motoring solicitors lots of websites get returned, and many offer a free initial consultation so you can find out which one is likely to get the most money for you. good luck.

Thanks guys, I will contact a solicitor as soon as I get hold of a police report as to what they believe happened.

Just another note to add, I thought "legal cover" payed for in my premium, covers legal costs in the event I need representation on any collision related incident; evidently not, it only covers "personal injury". Insurance is the biggest scam going in this country.

CAB here I come . . . . .

keep the thread updated, i think it would be interesting to see what happens if you start claiming against the police/their insurers.

Back