• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

3rd Honda, First Type R!

After 4 months of patiently waiting for my diesel civic to sell, I was finally able to go and pick up the DC2 i'd had my eye on for a while! I'm absolutely over the moon with it, it feels so tight for a 10 year old car and that vtec howl is addictive :twisted:

The pictures I have now are only phone pics and I haven't had a chance to give it a proper clean but I will once the weather gets better ;)

Anyway, here's the pics I have so far
IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

Looks lovely mate. If you haven't already done so, check out the rear arches. Loads of info on the DC2 forum if you haven't seen. Basically, due to a poor design by Honda, they are very prone to rust, and the sooner you prevent it the better. Don't mean to take the shine of your new car and ownership experience, not all have the problem, but better safe than sorry.

http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46786

Yeah, there's a little bit of surface rust on the inside rim of the rear arches but it looks as though i've caught it before it gets bad. I'll get that sorted as soon as funds permit. I knew it was like that before I bought it but it wasn't enough to put me off buying it because it was a really good example with relatively low mileage (90,000) FSH and every document you could ever want with a car plus it was MOT'd 2 weeks ago. All in all, I must admit i am really pleased with it :)

Yeah, there's a little bit of surface rust on the inside rim of the rear arches but it looks as though i've caught it before it gets bad. I'll get that sorted as soon as funds permit. I knew it was like that before I bought it but it wasn't enough to put me off buying it because it was a really good example with relatively low mileage (90,000) FSH and every document you could ever want with a car plus it was MOT'd 2 weeks ago. All in all, I must admit i am really pleased with it :)

Just have a read of that thread on the DC2 forum, some shocking findings in there. Mine's getting sorted out next month.

Very nice, had a quick look before I set off for work.

Looks very clean. Any mods or plans?

That head unit looks expensive! :)

Very nice, had a quick look before I set off for work.

Looks very clean. Any mods or plans?

That head unit looks expensive! :)

Thanks bud! It came with the JVC headunit and the coilovers which was a nice bonus :)

My plans at the moment are pretty much to keep it as OEM as possible but i'm sure that will change in time! First on the list, get new mats to replace the halfords spec ones, buy a new front 'H' badge as the original has went pink, replace the back discs/pads, fix the bonnet catch as it doesn't really want to close most of the time,possibly buy an s2000 aerial for it and refurb the wheels.

Oh, and go rust hunting this weekend as Chris said!

Back