• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

3rd Honda, First Type R!

Well I bought some spoon trinkets for it (rad cap, socks, gear knob) and they're fitted already as are the oem mats (tremendous).

On standby for more glorious weather, I have HEL braided brake lines and tein bonnet lifters sitting in my room (I bought the lifters ages ago but now I'm not sure if I want to fit them or not so I may sell them) and at the weekend I bought oem wind deflectors that I attempted to fit in the rain/dark but failed and retreated inside a broken man.

Then it'll just be a case of general tidying up here and there.

Also, the previous previous owner found me on itr-dc2.com and was able to tell me that it is lowered on eibach pro shocks and springs so thats a bonus! I knew it was lowered but the guy I bought it off of wasn't sure if it was springs/coilovers etc as he hadn't had it too long because he took it as px for his mazda 6 mps off of the chap that found me on the dc2 forum.

So all in all, I'm a happy chappy and have plenty to keep me busy over springtime :D

looks tidy mate!

DC2 is one Honda i'd quite like to own....just haven't gotten around to it :lol:

if you're looking for a garage to get some work done, may i recommend GI Motorsport on Western Road, great guys and very knowledgeable...i normally go to them if there's anything i can't do myself! Tell them haggis sent you :) and sign up to my website CruiseAyrshire.com for a discount on labour aswell

:D

looks tidy mate!

DC2 is one Honda i'd quite like to own....just haven't gotten around to it :lol:

if you're looking for a garage to get some work done, may i recommend GI Motorsport on Western Road, great guys and very knowledgeable...i normally go to them if there's anything i can't do myself! Tell them haggis sent you :) and sign up to my website CruiseAyrshire.com for a discount on labour aswell

:D

Thanks very much mate! I think i'll take you up on that offer, discount's always nice :D

Great example! Looks like a really clean car!

I bet you haven't looked back, the noise of a B series can get quite addictive ;)

aye bawbag, shes a bonnie wee car.

Aye, I'm pure dead chuffed wae her ye ken. She's awffa quality.

Great example! Looks like a really clean car!

I bet you haven't looked back, the noise of a B series can get quite addictive ;)

Thanks very much :D Its such a wild, aggressive engine! I absolutely love it!!

Slight update: Just ordered the tegiwa mugen rep intake as I am a huge pikey at heart plus I've bought new rear discs and pads as it needs them quite badly. Roll on the good weather so I can finally fit this rapidly accumulating pile of parts in my garage!

Well between today and yesterday I managed to get the tegiwa intake on although I am now a more bitter man because of it :x Whoever last put the front bumper on was clearly quite a simple chap who had managed to lose the majority of the bolts/screws/clips but this was not a problem for him as he replaced them with mismatched bolts he had scavenged off of
IMG_2478.jpg

So EVERY bolt needed the utmost care and patience to remove. Finally the bumper cam,e off and the intake was fitted with no hassle. I put the bumper on last night with about 10% of the fasteners it rolled out of the factory with plus one side held on with cleco clamps then as I am impatient, took it out a quick hurl to see what it now sounded like.
Long story short, it sounded AWESOME:D Much more meaty at low revs and then all hell broke loose when it hit vtec! I went through a tunnel with the window down in vtec and I must admit
i-came-ghostbuster.jpg

So all in all, I'm pretty chuffed:D

edit: Also managed to get the drivers side wind deflector on before the rain overwhelmed me :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
As Chris requested, here is a crappy phone pic of the airbox fitted in the bay. Before you say, I know its filthy :lol: I need the weather to clean up so I can get in about it and give it a proper clean!
IMAG0003.jpg

love the car mate :), real clean for 10 years old.

Thanks griff :) It does polish up very well although ideally i'd like to refurb the wheels and get it resprayed after sorting out the rust that's creeping up from the usual places. Still, it's a credit to its previous owner

Back