• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

4.5 Hr cleaning session

As mentioned in my claybar thread it took me the best part of 4.5 hrs. Sadly the pictures (IMO) don't really show the clean at it's best but i think you get the idea from some of the refelections you can see.

RIMG0009.jpg

RIMG0012.jpg

My ugly mug - reflection shot 1
RIMG0011.jpg

Tree's in the rear bumper - reflection shot 2 (before anyone says anything, this shot was taken before i realised i'd forgfotten to clean up the Spoon :oops:)
RIMG0014.jpg

Products used - reflection shot 3
RIMG0016.jpg

RIMG0010.jpg

RIMG0013.jpg

Looking great Kev.

What sort of condition is the paint in in general? Have you got much swirling?

Looking great Kev.

What sort of condition is the paint in in general? Have you got much swirling?

I was vey suprised as to how clean the paint was when claying it, The roof, boot, bonnet i didn't seem to get much crap off at all. The worse parts were the doors and front wings, the doors at the bottom were terrible.

I DO have a few swirls which is something i want to correct at some point but i need to do a bit more practicing before i'm confident enough to let myself loose with a 'cutting' pad and polish. I have to say the SRP has for the time being done a superb job at 'filling' the swirls tooped off with the Yellow was, you can hardly see them :D :D.

I was vey suprised as to how clean the paint was when claying it, The roof, boot, bonnet i didn't seem to get much crap off at all. The worse parts were the doors and front wings, the doors at the bottom were terrible.

I DO have a few swirls which is something i want to correct at some point but i need to do a bit more practicing before i'm confident enough to let myself loose with a 'cutting' pad and polish. I have to say the SRP has for the time being done a superb job at 'filling' the swirls tooped off with the Yellow was, you can hardly see them :D :D.

The bottom half of the car always has the most crap that only a clay bar will get off. It's usually what the wheels have flicked up onto the paintwork.

Have you got a machine polisher then chap? The paint is so soft on the CTR, that you'll probably manage to get great results with a fine cut polish and a finishing pad. Relatively cock up proof.

Good work mate, nice deep reflections there.

Tar remover the bottom end of the car before claying!! Save the bar!

Degreaser before the wash also helps :)

The bottom half of the car always has the most crap that only a clay bar will get off. It's usually what the wheels have flicked up onto the paintwork.

Have you got a machine polisher then chap? The paint is so soft on the CTR, that you'll probably manage to get great results with a fine cut polish and a finishing pad. Relatively cock up proof.

I have indeed, i've just brought the Kestral DAS-6 and this was my 1st time using it.

Back