• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

700whp NHB CTR in Fast Car magazine!!!!

If it's that good.....

Lets see it perform then. Track or strip

I like Tarticus do not believe it untill proven on the black stuff where it matters. Dyno figures are only half the story.

I, hope it is as good as claimed.

Have to say mine is no slouch, especially above 80, it pulls pretty well. But TBH that needle flies around in a way that makes mine seem like it is not moving :D

at it's last drag strip day, it performed rubbish!

wasnt set up propaly.

i'll keep you posted on updates, but it is a super quick car.........raced big power EVOs round here recently.

Well from the vid, we can at least tell it's 180mph clock speed, which is about 150-160mph true speed.

Tim.

Totally pointless imo.

You'd have 95%+ of the useable power with 300-400bhp imo. If the car can't get any traction in 1st-3rd, what is the point of giving it so much power? For bragging rights?

Looks from the spec as if the car has a totally stock interior too - I would've thought weight saving would be high on the agenda. Seems as though this company just wants to band about BHP figures like its the be all and end all of tuning.

EDIT: Also that wank journalism in that Fast Car article does my head in.. wank wank wank.. as bad as Maxim, except about cars

180mph, on stock CTR ratio's means you'll need to be doing 9000rpm in 6th to get that. 20mph per 1000rpm in 6th for CTR's. No sign in the spec list of uprated valve springs and valves... so I'd be surprised if it was possible without it going pop.

Timo said:
Well from the vid, we can at least tell it's 180mph clock speed, which is about 150-160mph true speed.

Tim.

Can someone tell me where in that vid you see over 145-150 on the speedo, cos I think I'm missing something :?

kingy said:
Timo said:

Tim.

Can someone tell me where in that vid you see over 145-150 on the speedo, cos I think I'm missing something :?

it's only a 160mph speedo aint it? :?

Fast CTR without a doubt... but is it really 700bhp fast? :? 180mph fast? :? ...does anyone still care? :lol:

rossy t said:
chav mags for stupid commoners dont worry about it its a crap 52 reg CTR that will blow up.

it has actually blew up quite a few times...................

apparently £80,000 spent on this car over time.

any ways.......i have contacted XO via my website, and told them to get on here for a chat with you lot!

car has never blew up . the only problem we have had with is front shocks warping . as to fastcar mag feature it was not what we where looking for. we have banzai doing feature soon with full specs proof and figures etc to go to print

any ? will be happy to answer them

rossy t said:
chav mags for stupid commoners dont worry about it its a crap 52 reg CTR that will blow up.

Little bit of a narrow minded view there Rossy, extracted from all your mechanical and tuning knowhow I daresay :D. I really do not think you should asume anything from one magazine feature.

What I was looking at in the film clip was not how fast the car was going, but how quick the needle got there. Take it from me, that shifted.

As for reliability. Well hell 700 bhp in a 2ltr. Gotta expect a few issues now and then. Of course any kind of tuning at that level, is not necesserely designed with the expectation that joe bloggs will come off the street and order "one 700 bhp CTR please". Rather as a test bed to see what can be done. I mean there are no guarantees as I have seen mildly tuned and Stock K20's go pop (Just ask Andy D). But if someone wants to push the K20 that far (Dom did it last year in his own garage, and ran it for a while...hell he was gonna drive it to Brunters to the thrash.........from Poland!).

In this respect I think quite often we as a country lag far far behind the US, Japan, New Zealand and Australia by not taking the odd chance now and then and pushing tuning.

Guy at CPL is doing a similar thing, though he seems to be being a we bit more methodicaly, building the engine up over time, and now he is getting good results. That I am sure from a business point of view will generate more business....The XO guys I daresay are mutch after the same thing. And I am sure having a load of fun whilst they are doing it.

So lets just not dismiss out of hand others efforts. At least give them a chance and wait and see what comes of it. In the end I hope we as tuning fans will benefit....iether with cool new tuning ideas, or of course what NOT to do :D

thejudderman said:
kingy said:
Timo said:

Tim.

Fast CTR without a doubt... but is it really 700bhp fast? :? 180mph fast? :? ...does anyone still care? :lol:

True, but from the speed the needle got to 130 ish, before the camera looks away, and going by the length of time that passes before he lets off, I'm under the impression it went off the clock, which would be an approxmate 165-180 clock speed.

xoauto said:
car has never blew up . the only problem we have had with is front shocks warping . as to fastcar mag feature it was not what we where looking for. we have banzai doing feature soon with full specs proof and figures etc to go to print

How correct is your claimed 180mph? Is it clock speed or real speed?
Have you uprated the gearbox?

Cheers,

Tim.

Timo said:
thejudderman said:
kingy said:
Timo said:

Tim.

True, but from the speed the needle got to 130 ish, before the camera looks away, and going by the length of time that passes before he lets off, I'm under the impression it went off the clock, which would be an approxmate 165-180 clock speed.

xoauto said:

How correct is your claimed 180mph? Is it clock speed or real speed?
Have you uprated the gearbox?

Cheers,

Tim.

speed was actually 178 on 20 inch wheels with a revlimiter at 8600rpm this was on gps .

its taken just over 2 years to get car to this stage its been mostly under wraps for that time. its been tuned on the road not a dyno with exellent results

20 inch wheels? Full interior? :?

I really don't understand why you seem keen to cripple the car when you're going for balls-out performance? Surely the two objectives are at odds with eachother?

Has it got a huge 100kg ICE install in the boot too?

Back