• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

'99 ATR Pirates Black Pearl - Clutch problem

I took pictures for two photo contests. In each I finished second. So here they are:

Pimgp3207960_tonemapped_b_c9cadf1660.jpg

P3237988_tonemapped_B.jpg

now I am gonna win. Topic: ,,Car and rudeness"
So I found VW Passat that looks like police undercover in Slovakia, and with few friends we did this (3 cars, 4 people needed for single shot):

P4208384_tonemapped_2.jpg

I came back from this years Stelvio pass trip. Unfortunately bearings on my ATR were still old, so I had to deal with the problem. One solution was taking my B200CDI with 140hp. Then the bad luck continued. It had problem with front shock mountings and they snapped front springs. So another car gone. Another possibility was Honda Accord 2.2 i-CTDI (2007). But its power to weight ratio was clearly bad. So I catched the opportunity to take Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCI Combi with upgraded ECU to 220 hp and 480 Nm. That was enough to keep up with Scirocco R and Focus ST. I was surprised, that I left Golf GTI and Clio RS far behind.

So should I post pics from trip?

Stelvio trip 2011

So, we were based in Livigno, one of last duty free zones in Europe. That means petrol for 1,05 € / liter and for me more important diesel for 0,943 € / liter. I can recommend hotel Primula, rooms were more spacious than I am used to.
So here are the pics:
P6239687.jpg

1. Cars have to rest too. In total we had 9 cars: Ford Focus ST, Ford Mustang Convertible V6, Mazda 3 2.2 CRD, heavily tuned Opel Astra 1.6T (220hp), Renault Clio RS R27, Porsche Caymann S, Volkswagen Golf GTI, Volkswagen Scirocco R and I drove Ford Mondeo Tournier 2.2TDCI with 220 hp and 480 Nm.

P6239697.jpg

2. For me this was definitely king of the hill. Went in it as a passenger on one pass, and combination of power, 5 cylinders and sound was truly great. Also the color was kinda best ever.

P6239704.jpg

3. Scirocco R was quick, I mean really quick. After Asbo, this was second in terms of statistics. Of course, I was third with Mondeo in combination of car/driver :-D

P6239716.jpg

4. Porsche and GTI went one way, we took shorter in terms of length, but longer according to time measurement. But fun was unmeasurable.

P6239734.jpg

5. Mustang was slowest. No wonder why. Body is really soft and it was twisting terribly. But heaven over head was cool.

P6239776.jpg

6. Yellow dot is Mustang on Stelvio on Merino side. If you look carefully, you will spot white dot in upper right corner. It is polish driver on a van with 7 EUR pallets on.

P6239782.jpg

7. Top of the Stelvio on Thursday. Absolutely empty. On Saturday it is overcrowded by cyclists, bikers and other racers.

P6239819.jpg

8. As high as you can get.

P6239835.jpg

9. My ride. Final consumption was 7,2 l/100km.

P6239936.jpg

10. Livigno on exit to Switzerland.

P6240036.jpg

11. This was between Albula pass and Fluela pass.

P6250049.jpg

12. Stelvio on Saturday, you can see, that it is more crowded already.

P6250054.jpg

13. Top of Stelvio. People went skiing, when I was there. It was last weekend of June.

P6260154.jpg

14. Scirocco's photogenic side.

P6260159.jpg

15. You have to eat. Due to lack of time and BKs, we stopped on the border between Austria and Germany at McD.

If I was asked, whether I would do this trip again. I would answer YES with no hesitation. We did Stelvio pass, Albula pass, Fluela pass and Bernia pass. And to be honest, it was my best motoring experience in my whole life. So, Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse is next in itinerary. And this time, ATR would be fit.

Been a while since last post.
Some things, that happened:
I finally got to polish my headlamps. After a year. 3M did work well. Lights are 50 percent brighter at night.
I had my steering wheel retrimmed. Same as it was before, all in black. So, no leather pieces on my hands anymore.

Consumption:
I went twice the same road. One was during heavy rain, and with my girlfriend = no VTEC, no 8000 rpm. Consumption? 7,3l/100km or cca 38,7 mpg. I will never manage this number, ever.
Second time, almost the same route, but dry roads and no time to spare. Result was 16l/100km, which is 17,6 mpg.
Driving a car with such engine and looking at the consumption is just waste of petrol. ATR has to be driven properly.

And last news, my friend got married, and the bride was allowed to choose her ride to wedding. She picked my ATR. Photos will come later. I can say, I was proud of that. Groom went in Accord i-CTDi.

Nice pictures of the Stelvio Pass... I am definitely going up that route in the near future!
Quite a nice mix of cars too... And quite a colorful bunch! :D

Back