• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Abysmal Trackday at Donington 7th Dec

I was really looking forward to my trackday at Donington Park with Book a Track on Sunday 7th Dec. What a Joke!

The track was frozen when we arrived and we spent the whole morning following a pacecar around trying to thaw the ice until 1 pm when we were allowed to "play". By this time a bloke with a nice shiny red capri had lost it on the icy start finish straight and smashed it into the armco doing extensive front end damage.

Then the fun began. Some numbskull (albeit a rich one) in a new white 911 997 GT2 was harrassing everything in sight intimidating to the point where people were falling off the track! His piece de resistance had to be overtaking on the ice at 100 mph on the main straight. I thought I was going to be witnessing £100K hitting the wall but alas he lived to fight another day. Book a Track gave us the usual drivers briefing about being courteous to one another on track yet failed to send the porsche pillock home until 10 minutes from the end! A bit like closing the stable gate 3 months after the pony has left
icon_lol.gif
But hey what do I know? Only done trackdays for the last 10 years
icon_wink.gif

I paid £160 for a couple of hours proper driving. Worse still I recommended a fellow driver came who paid £190 the night before and he only managed 1 hours driving due to the petrol station on site closing early so he had to go off circuit to re-fuel. £190 for 1 hours driving! Hell that makes barristers look cheap :eek:

Then I dare to post negative comments about the day on a sister forum only to be chastised by a Book a Track representative telling me how I can take my business elsewhere. Maybe the money grows on trees round their way but I have to work for mine
icon_cry.gif

One to avoid.

Bazz. Any way of taking it up with Book-A-Track directly rather than through forums? If the track was in no condition to be driven on then the standard of service provided was not of what you expected.

As for the Porsche driver; he has indeed lived to fight another day with plod/tree/Armco/hedge. I do not wish to bring harm upon him but he needs to realise that not all cars on the day are as fast as his penis extension and that some common courtesy would be seen. I would have thought that his traction control would have been working over time too. A waste of a car on such a fool. He would have to been blessed with some talent if he could have found enough traction to hit 100mph on the straight on ice without driver aids. I was struggling to hit 10mph down a icy little road the other day. Lets hope his details are logged and he is banned from track days.

Did anyone report the idiot to the organisers, Donington is not an easy track to 'police' and if no one complained what are they supposed to do ??

I have dealt with Johnny on numerous occasions and found him to be fair, but if things go on that he is not told about then what can he do.

I did a similar track day a few years ago on a snowy icy day at Donington, after about an hour of taking it easy the track had thawed enough for some fun. You pay your money and take your chances especially at this time of year.

You always get some c0ck on track (normally in a porka)

I agree though, the marshalls are VERY strict in the briefing but don't normally act when some c0ck is dricing like a cnut.

That is why you should do some track days with HOT, very very good track etiquette (sp)

That is why you should do some track days with HOT, very very good track etiquette (sp)

Couldn't agree more, the best trackday I've been to is with HOT in conjunction with LOT.

Donington is always a pain, you should goto one of Donington's own Trackzone trackdays, where no one likes to move over on the straights and it's like being stuck in lane 3 on the M25. If you think 1 hrs driving's bad I managed 1 full 20min session in a whole day and got black flagged stupid 98db limit :evil: :lol:

Further to discussions with Book a Track I hereby retract my comments as I was wrong and should have contacted them on the day of the trackday to voice any grievance rather than posting a negative comment on the S2000 forum afterwards.

They have kindly issued credit notes to drivers in the sum of £100 who attended Donington on 7th December.:smt023

Just hope no one holds me to my comment on another forum that "I would bare my arse on the town hall steps if BaT issue a credit":getcoat: :oops: :-$

Back