• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice needed

Ed

Morning All,

Would you change your car if you were moving in with someone? My girlfriend is actually against me selling but I can't help feeling I'm going to need something cheaper to run.

No flipping way ! .
Keep it first and then if you cannot afford to run the car then consider it, or move out the G/F :)

change on what basis?

change because she doesn't like it? if she doesn't like your car and advocates that you change it she can mind her own business.
change because you couldn't afford to run it? i wouldn't have myself in a situation where the car i had was such a drain on my finances. lifestyle always comes before a car.

this is exactly what im doing, not because she wants me to either, but because its going to be my first time moving out so im unsure of what to expect, id rather sell my dc2 and still have the civic to run while also having 4k more than i did as a safety net...just incase!

you can always buy another/buy it back when your settled.

No.

You'll do loads of things when you move in together that you think are unselfish, stuff you don't really want to do.

I've spent a load on my car, yes you could class it as selfish but it's one of the things we own as a collective that I can still call mine.

You need something you can call yours and be selfish about.

I changed my Evo due to the use it was getting, dual carriage way 60 mile round trips, but I didn't change it to a ghastly Derv commuter wagon, I got another Type R, I heard a story recently where a bloke sold his car, just to get a more comfortable cruiser to go and see his beloved, F*ck that.

No! If the time arrives where you have to decide look at all the other things you are spending money on, shoes,cosmetics,clothes hairdressers etc see if you can spend less on those things.:lol:

God yes.

Type R=
Fuel = £2860
RFL = £230
Insurance = £600
Maintenance etc = £400

= £4090

Corsa etc.
1560+110+350+400 = £2420

Big saving. And I don't really get the benefits of the type R. Journeys = not available to thrash civic.

Here's a radical idea.

Keep it, enjoy it, and then if you ever find yourself in a situation where you are skint and need money, then sell it.

Or, you can sell it now, then that £4k you might get for it can sit around doing nothing and not making you happy, or if you're really lucky it can get spent on kitchen appliances or carpets or something.

Sold my EM1 due to kids and moving out.

Would rather put money into my
Kids hands than the petrol station / govt

No

Please don't.

You will sell it and buy a normal car, then you will use the money you save to buy useless sh*t like bread makers and god knows what. If you have children you will get more useless sh*t like a machine that wraps a nappy up for you.

Keep it, yes houses are expensive but you get used to it and as time goes on it gets easier. You will still have a car you love and you can always sell it to upgrade to better things in the future....

Hence

100_2783.jpg

I'm determined to sell it. The car just doesn't feel the same anymore with most of the mods off, almost like its not mine anymore. I'm going to be sorting painting the wheels back to silver next week.
I'm hoping that Sikboys ATR will still be available when the FN2 sells

Back