• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice on insurance claim needed

So if I supply all mod receipts totalling quite a large amount of money, and then ask for a settlement less like for like on mods, will they simply deduct the total amount I paid for the mods and give me what's left? I'm sorry I'm just worried I'm going to get shafted! I'm guessing you know a fair bit about insurance hence why I'm probably being a pain in the a**!
Cheers

It's likely yes, however try the old "car was immaculate" "it took me months to find a clean example" etc.

So reject the first offer and find a car you like etc, state you need £x,000

**UPDATE**
Insurance were back on the phone demanding receipts for all modifications as they will not pay out without them! If I can't supply any receipts then they will only pay out for a standard car. Is this right? Surely they shouldn't have taken on the policy without valuing the items first?
I'm looking to have all modifications back anyway so will this maybe work out better for me if they only pay out based on a standard type-r?
Thanks again

Settled.
Insurance paid out £5.5k and allowed me to keep the car. I had to pay £160 salvage to keep it. :D

**update**

Sourced myself another civic. Transplanting all mods and engine. Called Adrian flux and they simply added the new civic in place of my old civic. Paid a small fee of £25 for administration changes! No change in premium. That's me until March next year!!! Happy days :)

Back