• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM CAI PROBLEM!

Hi all,

I have just fitted an AEM CAI to my EP3, fits fine, but now I cannot get the gearbox into 1st, 3rd, or 5th as the gear selector hits off the pipe before it is fully in gear (because the selector moves forwards for these gears). Goes into 2nd, 4th and 6th fine (as the selector moves backwards for these).

My car is a 2003 anniversary EP3.

The kit is 2nd hand and was originally fitted to a Teg DC5, has anyone else had this issue with the kit, and any resolutions?

Thanks
Dave

Have you any pictures bud, as the CAI shouldn't be anywhere near the gearbox area, it's supposed to run under the battery and into the bumper area!!

It does bud. I think the DC version was the only one you could get, or the RSX as it was at the time. I just wanted pics to ensure it's the CAI as many people mistake them for the V2 which heads down by the gearbox, whereas the true CAI heads down into the wheel well, behind the bumper.

I'll put some pictures up later on today, but that is where its running, under the battery and down to the wheel arch, cone is sitting behind the front bumper. And yeah I guess the DC5 should fit as its same as the RSX kit (which is recommended on here) as far as i'm aware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back