• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V2 vs Gruppe M

I have the v2 at the moment and wanted to know would I see a big difference if I swapped to the Gruppe M, bearing in mind its gonna cost me about £300+ if I go for a second one? Basically is it worth the money or am I only gonna see a few extra bhp at the most?

I know it's the best intake but i asked the question as I'm not exactly going from stock to gruppe m, that would be fairly apparent which way to go. Also I'm not sure how good the v2 is as it gets mixed reviews so its a legitimate question, especially when your new to all this.

Just to clarify I'm not asking which is better just by how much it's better :)

I'm so glad you asked this question.
Thanks

I've been wondering the answer to this for years.

Oh wait...

Think my initial post is being misunderstood. Maybe the title shouldn’t be 'Vs' I'm not after which is better just whether people think it’s still a worthwhile investment from the one I have. I searched the subject first and couldn't see the answer so I thought I'd ask, no need to knock me down really....

Don't really appreciate comments like 'FFS', it's plain rude. Would you go up to a stranger in the street and say that? Probably not. I would suggest unless you're going to say it to my face (which I doubt) don’t be an idiot and act all hard because you have the safety of the internet to hide behind. It was a genuine question and I didn’t mean any offense by it, so unless you have a helpful answer don't post, simple!

Thanks to everyone else who gave a straight answer, glad there's a few decent people on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
gruppem.jpg

nice one diles, all you do is ask a simple question and you get nothing but abuse. if i had the money i still would not buy gruppe m, doesnt justify the price for the gains and you have to cut into your scuttle panel to fit it. surely for that price you shouldnt have to cut anything........ also read a few people getting rattling coming from them as well. that kind of money could be spent on other mods.

'FFS' is hardly insulting, it's a way to express annoyance at the thousandth thread of the same type in a week being created.

Chill out.

nice one diles, all you do is ask a simple question and you get nothing but abuse. if i had the money i still would not buy gruppe m, doesnt justify the price for the gains and you have to cut into your scuttle panel to fit it. surely for that price you shouldnt have to cut anything........ also read a few people getting rattling coming from them as well. that kind of money could be spent on other mods.

Hey man, it's been covered to death is all, over and over again.

The reson why tuners favor the GM is that it has the coolest air intake temp over other intakes, thus it has the potential to make more power, in the super high end NA tuning game that can make all the difference.

It does come with a purpose scuttle, as you can see in the photo I took the day it arrived from Japan in 2007 before the Yen crashed and everything doubled in price. I paid £269 I think. Brand new.

Also, yes, it was prone to rattle, but GM supply you with sticky padding that stops the plastic tapping on varuious bits.

Mine was fitted, sounded amazing, made very good power and never gave me any grief.

SV400378.jpg

SV400444.jpg

Back