• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V2 vs Gruppe M

im not knocking them bud. but where the cold air intake is on the scuttle id be worried about coming up to a deep puddle and some other div coming the other way going too fast through the puddle and splashing water right over the bonnet and my car sucking all that water in.

That's what the drain hole is for. It's been covered. Lots of times. I don't even have one and I know about the drain hole.

but it wont drain a surge of water, cause it is only a little hole. i mean if you had a bucket with a hole the size of a 1p piece and throw another bucket of water into it the hole will not drain the water that quick.

but it wont drain a surge of water, cause it is only a little hole. i mean if you had a bucket with a hole the size of a 1p piece and throw another bucket of water into it the hole will not drain the water that quick.

To hit a body of water that large, that quick, enough to go down the scoop and hydrolock, you'd need lights, bumper, the lot.

Of all the intakes, the GM is the proven daddy.

what i mean is you can drive that slow through the puddle, if someone on opposite side of road driving too fast through it. which has happened to me and the water splashed up to middle of my windscreen. and with the lovely sunny weather we are having. i would have one if i stayed somewhere sunny all the time, wouldnt get one for driving in super sunny scotland, not!

Last edited by a moderator:
i would love to get one mate, dont fancy waking up the next morning with my scrotum stapled to bed when the missus found out how much i spent on it.

what i mean is you can drive that slow through the puddle, if someone on opposite side of road driving too fast through it. which has happened to me and the water splashed up to middle of my windscreen. and with the lovely sunny weather we are having. i would have one if i stayed somewhere sunny all the time, wouldnt get one for driving in super sunny scotland, not!

No no, I understand what you're saying and yes, where physics allow it is possible, but I've never heard of it happening.

Unlike the AEM issues, that are common.

i'm confused here. am i stuck in a groundhog day/bad trip.

i'm sure that for the last month the same guy with the same username no avatar or pretty much the same name has started 6 or 7 of these threads. and they go round and round in circles before being locked after 35 posts?

definetly wouldnt have an aem, maybe i will bump the missus off claim the insurance then get one. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
thats nice!!!!

i'm sure that for the last month the same guy with the same username no avatar or pretty much the same name has started 6 or 7 of these threads. and they go round and round in circles before being locked after 35 posts?

'FFS' is hardly insulting, it's a way to express annoyance at the thousandth thread of the same type in a week being created.

Chill out.

Sorry I wasn’t trying to get all high and mighty, I just saw the comment as a bit pointless/pathetic and really not necessary. I’m sure he meant to give the impression of annoyance rather than to be rude but comments like that can be insulting and there isn’t a need for it.

I’ve read plenty of posts on the subject but was just after a bit of reassurance that it was a good move and now I’ve gone for it and bought one, so it was handy. I always knew they were better and I know the pros and cons but I still couldn’t quite make my mind up so I asked….

Apologies

I honestly haven’t started any posts or asked a single question about air intakes/air filters/CAI’s etc.

I honestly haven’t started any posts or asked a single question about air intakes/air filters/CAI’s etc.

Most questions will have been asked and answered by now, so try the serach feature first :) .

Sorry I wasn’t trying to get all high and mighty, I just saw the comment as a bit pointless/pathetic and really not necessary. I’m sure he meant to give the impression of annoyance rather than to be rude but comments like that can be insulting and there isn’t a need for it.

I’ve read plenty of posts on the subject but was just after a bit of reassurance that it was a good move and now I’ve gone for it and bought one, so it was handy. I always knew they were better and I know the pros and cons but I still couldn’t quite make my mind up so I asked….

Apologies
good on you mate, once you get it fitted let everyone know what you think of it.

Back