• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

After 4.5 Years.......

You could have used the Nxt Wax after cleaning the car before the sealant.

Paul

so you're saying i should have use the NXT wax first, and then applied the Jetseal?

that would make sense- i'd thought jetseal was a wax as well as a sealent :rolleyes:

Will remember that for my next big clean :lol:

Which Dodo would you recommend?

Blue or purple? both £32.50 from Clean and Shiny :rolleyes: :lol:

I'll ask Andy, he is alot more clued up than me mate...stay tuned.

You could have used the Nxt Wax after cleaning the car before the sealant.

It has fillers and will fill in swirls etc, plus a wax.
I still use it a lot after I have polished and before I put on my final layers of sealant and wax.

Paul - Using NXT wax after polish isn't the best iirc mate.
As I said it has some abrasive qualities like polish & will eat into it somewhat.

Right Gary, I've been asking Andy for the bits I'm unsure with & he's kindly given me lots of info.

Here it is copied straight from him....

AndyH said:
Honda NHB would be lovely with some Dodo Lime Prime followed with Dodo Purple Haze (soft wax, wetter look, less durable, apply with microfibre applicator) or Blue Velvet (hard wax, easy to apply with foam applicator, very slightly more durable)

You don't have to use the Dodo LP though. You could use Megs #7 show car glaze (what i used on the white Mini) to give a fantastic wet look, Clearkote's Red Moose Machine Glaze which'll give a nice deep wet look and fill some swirls, or Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze which is meant to be quite good although I haven't used it
smile.gif

Dodo Lime Prime is a Glaze & the others are waxes ;)

Following on with some info about whats what product wise (Most important bit imo) ;)

AndyH said:
If he wants anything else then just ask
wink.gif

Glazes are basically the nourishment of the paint. When applied they release oils into the paint to nourish it. Its basically like moisturising your skin. In return for the oils the paint gives a deep rich glossy look.

Glazes are not weather proof. They can be washed off so need to be sealed in with a protective layer (sealants and waxes).

Now comes the misinformation part. Glazes are pure polishes...they have no cutting ability.

Compounds are sometimes refered to as polishes, some compounds have moisturising oils.

Waxes and sealants simply lock the oils in. Some waxes and sealants have the oils as well
laugh.gif

All in One products have a mixture. SRP is a good example of an AIO. Contains some oils, fillers and sealant.

PURE polishes are Megs #7 and Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze, Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze.

This is where most of the confusion comes from! Funk off the name of the product...just find out what it does
laugh.gif

I'm waiting on a tiny bit more info with regards to whether it'll be better to wash, clay, wash, glaze then seal & lastly wax or whether it's best to seal, then glaze etc etc.

I think I'm correct in saying that a glaze before seal would give the best & longer lasting results followed by wax. But I'll confirm this when Andy gets a chance to reply.

HTH's so far mate

Found it :lol:

Excellent work there Gary! Nice range of products there as well :)

I'll copy what i was about to say to Lee here:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=407206#post407206

Is that the thread?

If so...

Jetseal is an amazing sealant! Some people have seen in excess of 9months protection!

I personally don't use it because you can only get it from 1 supplier and CBA to order 1 thing :rolleyes:

The only thing i would have done in addition to Garys work would have been added Megs #7 before JS :)

Jetseal gives a great finish on its own so really doesn't need to be topped with wax :) Over the winter its perfect!

For the summer months it might be worth stripping everything back, sorting any swirls then adding:

• Megs #7/#5/Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze
  • Jetseal (maybe a couple of coats)
  • Dodo Purple Haze (Soft wax)
A curve ball might be to get some Zaino! Renders the Jetseal useless but it would look amazing!

Worth noting as well that NXT Wax is more of a sealant so it would not be of any benefit before the JS.

HTH

Andy

WHOOOOOOSHHHHHHH!!

:oops:

Some of that went completely over my head! Sorry lads! :oops:

So basically, after claying and washing again- whats the next stage?

I do have some Autogylm Polish somewhere laying around so was thinking maybe apply some of that in the next big wash (to clean the paint?) and then the Jetseal and the Dodo Purple?

However, the Autogylm stuff is a bit of a pain as it leaves white powder around once you polish that off.

Just as well i found out today that i'm getting a little xmas bonus :twisted: should really sort out the bumpers first before buying any more cleaning products :rolleyes: :lol:

thanks guys!

So basically, after claying and washing again- whats the next stage?

I do have some Autogylm Polish somewhere laying around so was thinking maybe apply some of that in the next big wash (to clean the paint?) and then the Jetseal and the Dodo Purple?

However, the Autogylm stuff is a bit of a pain as it leaves white powder around once you polish that off.

A decent wash, then polish with Autoglym Super Resin polish, Jetseal & Dodo purple will be spot on.
The reason AG polish leaves alot of white residue is your using too much product iirc ;)

Just as well i found out today that i'm getting a little xmas bonus :twisted: should really sort out the bumpers first before buying any more cleaning products :rolleyes: :lol:

thanks guys!

EXCELLENT!!!! :cool:

Megs #7 and Dodo Purple added to "to get list" :eek: :lol:

Just been on DW and apparently DW is getting a special Dodo hard and soft wax for just under £80 (2x200ml pots) which apparently is the "Premuim" products- quite tempted with that but i know i shouldnt so just going to stick with the above :p

Wheres the best/cheapest place to get the above two products?

Pretty chuffed with myself that Andy approves of my cleaning product collection :smt023

nice one Lee

cheers again!!

Acutally, the only thing i'm still not 100% happy is the wheels- theres still so really stubborn brake dust still on no matter how much i try to clean/clay them :confused: :mad:

may have to take it to the extreme and refurb/ powder coat them but doubt Susan will be impressed with that :rolleyes:

i look forward receiving the PM from Andy lol- even better if there are any discount codes etc :lol:

nice one Lee

cheers again!!

Acutally, the only thing i'm still not 100% happy is the wheels- theres still so really stubborn brake dust still on no matter how much i try to clean/clay them :confused: :mad:

may have to take it to the extreme and refurb/ powder coat them but doubt Susan will be impressed with that :rolleyes:

i look forward receiving the PM from Andy lol- even better if there are any discount codes etc :lol:

Gary,

You won't find a better Megs discount than here http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32545

With the Dodo Juice its your choice. All the resellers are £32.50, Tim @ Clean Your Car is probably the best bet as you'll earn points for the next purchase.

With regards to the wheels, are they curbed at all? If not then try a couple of things. Firstly i'd try Megs Wheel Brightener in a stronger mix (working down from 4:1, 2:1 then neat) if you don't have any luck with that then try an Intensive Tar remover. The Autoglym effort is very good although AutoSmart's Tardis is phenomenal (see www.polishedbliss.co.uk). If you don't have any luck then i'd try Sonus Grey clay. Worked a treat for me on a set of heavily Tar'd Mini wheels after all else failed (make sure you use LOTS of clay lube as Sonus Grey is VERY abrasive)

Once you've sorted the wheels get a couple of coats of Jetseal on them and they'll be protected properly :D

I wish i had discount codes :lol: The amount that i spend is criminal :rolleyes:

I'll drop you a pm with the ideas and my mobile number if you get stuck on anything :)

Andy

thanks for the pointers Andy :smt023

Dalco was good but he hasnt been on the forums for some time now and tbh, when Smeg did sell Meg products, Smeg was cheaper and thats where i'd bought most of my current and surplus Meg collection :p

I've got an account with Tim @ Clean Your Car so guess just get the Dodo from there- i guess like you said, all the other dealers on DW will have the same price- just see who does the cheapest delivery :lol:

As for the wheels, there are just some very light kerbing here and there but nothing major and cant really notice it- but its just the brake dust that really annoys me :mad:

The Meg Wheel brightener is currently at 10:1 mix so i will try a stronger mix and see how i get on. Just been using the Meg clay with quik detailer but recently purchased some Super Fine Pooly Clay with free lube

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/polcly.htm

so maybe see if i get any results with this clay and then i may just have to buy the Sonus Grey clay as well.

By the time i sort the wheels out, it would have probably be cheaper just to get them refurbished lol :rolleyes: :lol:

Been raining for the last few days since the Big Wash and the car is still looking gleaming :cool:

Back