• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aftermarket alloy advice

Hi, I'm looking into getting some new aftermarket alloys once Xmas has been and gone. I'm just after a bit of advice on the wheels that I'm interested in would fit with no arch rubbing issues. I'm looking at some wheels which are 17x8 et30. May also add my ep3 is on coilovers. If these don't fit I have a back up option but I really do like my first choice and hope they will be ok haha.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Depending on the set up and tyre size, you’ll get rubbing on the rear and will need to roll the arches and possibly change the suspension geometry (increase negative camber and/or increase rear ride height)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a bit of poke on those, you’ll struggle to make them fit as above.

Ok that's fine just needed to know, so I will be better off with my second choice which come in 2 sizes.

7x7.5 et42
7x8 et35.

Would both fitment fit??

I'm ideally looking for something that is flush with the side of the car rather than the roller skate look I have now.

Ok that's fine just needed to know, so I will be better off with my second choice which come in 2 sizes.

7x7.5 et42
7x8 et35.

Would both fitment fit??

Still going to be some work.

Yeah I thought that as well, seen plenty of people straight swap evo alloys with no issues.

No idea really, hopefully someone with evo alloys on can enlighten me.
If that is the case though then surely the 7.5j with et42 shouldn't rub??

Looking on a website the 7.5j et42 would give me 3mm less clearance on inner and 9mm more on the outer edge of rim.

They definitely rub on compression of the suspension with 235 tyres!

Sounds like all 4 make contact at one point or another. Hoping 215s will help, failing that a bit more camber!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I have Evo 8 wheels, came with a set of 215/45's on which only caught slightly in extreme compression events, 225/45's on now and I'm not finding they catch much easier than before. Fine on full lock standard height though.

What sort of camber are you running on the 225s? I'm hoping that 215 or 225 will work perfectly with about 2 degrees negatove camber all round and not overly low.

Standard camber arms and bolts mate. 2 degrees negative should be okay I'd have thought, use that as part of a 'FRSU' I assume?

Yeah that's the plan, I wanted 2 degrees all round but the arm were seized at 1.5 ish. 235 are way too big, maybe new tyres in the summer as it's not rubbing very often.

My long term plan is another set of 225/(45 or 40) and a FRSU but at standard height with a JDM rear ARB. Think that would do just nicely on the road car.

Back