• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aftermarket alloy advice

They don't do 225/40r17 annoyingly, as they would be perfect for mine. I'll probably go for 215/45 ns2r as they are so cheap. Though I picked up a set of 205/45 Ad08r part worn for 130, they will do for standard wheels and spacers for next years track days. Hoping that will give me time to save for the LSD and box rebuild!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yeah, as much as wasn't a fan of the small stretch of the 215/45 I may have to go back as there's much more choice of rubber there!

LSD will be one of the best mods you do to the car, anything else being done while the box is open?

Amount of stretch also depends on the type of tyre/make etc.
No stretch on 215 width tyre on an 8j rim
904af1ada245277a3df7be9a23b1a4ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at the Japan racing replicas of those wheels. How is the fitment?? Any pics of the car side on so I can see how they look??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Personally wouldn’t buy cheap wheels but each to their own. You can get Enkei’s on tick at 0% so no excuse really.
17613c12a141074325c1a96429d2ead9.jpg

Or even a decent set 2nd hand if you look on social media

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Personally wouldn’t buy cheap wheels but each to their own.

I've used Rota's on numerous track days without issue. They're not as light as Rays, Enkei's etc but they're not bad and stand up to a lot of abuse.

So much hate on Rep wheels. Some aren't bad. You do get your frankly dangerous crap on the likes of eBay. But JR wheels aren't too bad. Same with Bola wheels etc. I understand purists will always opt for the genuine items but for the money of JR's they shouldn't be completely discounted

So much hate on Rep wheels. Some aren't bad. You do get your frankly dangerous crap on the likes of eBay. But JR wheels aren't too bad. Same with Bola wheels etc. I understand purists will always opt for the genuine items but for the money of JR's they shouldn't be completely discounted

To be honest my wheel knowledge on whether a brand is crap or good is very limited. I'm one of these where as long as the design is how I like and the alloy looks good that's fine with me. I have heard good things I have heard bad things about Japan racing but it's like everything some people like some people hate. It's not for track use anyway it's just my daily driver.

I've used Rota's on numerous track days without issue. They're not as light as Rays, Enkei's etc but they're not bad and stand up to a lot of abuse.

Nice smooth track you’ll get away with it. I’ve seen too many road cars with cheap wheels buckled and cracked (including rota’s)

To be honest my wheel knowledge on whether a brand is crap or good is very limited. I'm one of these where as long as the design is how I like and the alloy looks good that's fine with me. I have heard good things I have heard bad things about Japan racing but it's like everything some people like some people hate. It's not for track use anyway it's just my daily driver.

I think most of your JR stuff is going to be fine for the road and for track stuff I'd be just getting Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s which is what I have on my Astra. They are light, good value and if they are good enough for BTCC teams then they can't be bad lol

Nice smooth track you’ll get away with it. I’ve seen too many road cars with cheap wheels buckled and cracked (including rota’s)

Julian at Rarerims disputed this claim.

I’ve been over kerbs on tracks countless times.

Back