• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air Con problems

Danger200

Good morning TRO

I haven't ever noticed this before so I dont know if it's normal or not (plus it dont help that this is my first car with A/C) but when I turned it on yesterday I heard what sounded like a gas leak sound coming from the dash area. Under the bonnet all the pipes seem fine though. I have noticed recently it isn't as cold as it used to be.
Would it have run out and the sound indicates that?

Cheers

Sounds like it needs re-gassing mate. Especially as it's not that cold. Presumably the sound didn't stay on for a long time?

Mine needs gassing. Honda = LOL. Local place = £20-50

Although I prefer window down, hair blowing, sun shining. A/C uses fuel and power :(

Although I prefer window down, hair blowing, sun shining. A/C uses fuel and power :(

so does having your window down. From what i've read a rule of thumb is less then 40 mph its best to have windows down, anything more and its best to have the AC on

Last edited by a moderator:
The sound stays on for as long as I leave the air con on mate, so I turned it off quite quick lol.

Fortunately I'm quite friendly with a local garage and he has quoted me £40 for a service and re-gas.
AC is handy when it's raining but still fairly warm outside and for clearing my windscreen quick.

wouldn't worry about the sound, it's just the refridgerant passing through the evaporator.
it tends to be heard when the quantity gets low ;)

Mine does that, it only started making the noise recently. I put it down to not being regassed for over 3 years.

Back