• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

alarm fob

Danger200

Hi people

not long bought a CTR 52 plate with the, i think, is it the H&R alarm? its not the standard honda one, it has the sensors on the a-pillars.
well, i dont understand how the alarm and immobiliser work with each other.
basically i unlock the car, dont start it straight away, say i have to put stuff in the boot, i get into the car and it dont start, i push the unlock button, it sounds like the doors unlock and then it starts. BUT it doesnt allways work and dont start. i take the key out, some green key on the dash flashes and wont let me do anything.
i have the same problem with locking it, the doors lock, then it makes another noise as if its locking again (i think it could be a dead lock), then wont let me unlock it.

i hope this made a bit of sense but its driving me up the wall, and its slightly embarrassing as it can take 5 mins before it wants to start and the honda manual is usless lol

please help

For me, with the same system:-

Unlock > start car. Normally you get about 10 seconds to start it before you need to re-press the button.

Lock > simple. If you lock it with the door open, it will make a nice beep :D

that the thing though, i dont allways have the chance to start it within the 10sec gap all the time lol so im just left sitting there trying ti figure out how to turn the immobiliser off.

the manual says to leave the key in the barrel for a few seconds before starting which dont actually work lol

As per Beard!

Either start the car a couple fo secs after you've pressed the button.

Or

Unlock car, do your shizzle, press buton again, and start her up, emngage VTEC after she's warm :D

is it that easy? because my car barely responds to it. maybe my battery is going then if no one else seems to have this problem

yeah its like that redbeard. bit of an update, changed the battery in the gym car park, unlocked fine. sat in the car waiting for the missus.
she turned up so i then pressed the unlock button for the immobiliser, nothing, pressed it a few times, put the key in and out of the ignition but nothing.
eventually it let me lock it (with me in it) then it unlocked straight away so i took advantage and started it. is this normal then?

you can turn it off while the ignition is on and the key is turned just saves pressing unlock on its own and having the lights fash

sorry K22los i werent very clear with that, i actually had the key in the ignition as i was listening to the radio waiting for her but when she turned up i pressed it but nothing happened. then i tired everything, which eventually led to me having to wait a little bit, lock it then unlock it. eventhough it wouldnt let me lock it straight away.
this obviously isnt normal as no1 else seems to have problems

Back