• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Album art enabled head units

So the HU should automatically switch to Ipod mode? Looks like I will be sending mine back :(

My IDA x305 won't pick up my 4g Nano. I have bought an official Alpine Ipod cable, and have tried a friend's Ipod too (a 3rd gen). :(

You need to use the USB one that comes with the Head Unit. If you use the other one (with a blue connector I think), it won't show the artwork.

The USB cable just produces 'USB error' message if you try and hook up the Ipod via USB lead. I plugged the Ipod cable (KCE-422i) into the slot at the back of the unit.

Anyone got this model?

ALP_idax100.jpg

I was looking at that last night, it is old though as it was available when I bought my old one for the Evo.

Let us know if you want shot. :)

I'm more than happy with it :). The only thing it doesn't do is play the iPhone, which the upgraded model does instead. I've got my whole music collection on my 160gb iPod anyway, so I'm not particularly fussed.

Ah bummer, it would be handy to have the functionality - maybe the 305 is the one to go for then. Cheers for the heads up, much appreciated.

Back