• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alloy swap and clean

I'm due to swap my alloys over next month and was wondering the best way to clean them. I'm thinking about using bilberry wheel cleaner then giving them a clay with some Megs QD. As for sealing i'm unsure whats best. I have CG jetseal, so i could use that, but was thinking of possibly trying PB wheel sealant or CG wheel guard. Which would give me best results?

That sounds about right mate. Tar remover will help too..

I'd probably stick 3 coats of jetseal on there, saves buying new products.

That sounds about right mate. Tar remover will help too..

I'd probably stick 3 coats of jetseal on there, saves buying new products.

Know of a decent tar remover? I've tried Megs bug and tar, but find its rubbish and dries up before really getting to work! Heard of tardis, though i don't need that much tbh.:lol:

I use Autoglym tar remover for the panels, works great, haven't tried it on the alloys yet.

Auto glym is good enough yeah, and easily available.

Tardis is great though.

I cleaned the alloys up whilst washing last week and used abit of clay to see what dirt was on them and it was unreal! Just want to do it properly and get car all jacked up.

Back