• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Am i mad looking at 4-5k EP3's - got one now

Guys,

been a long time, since i last posted on here i have had about 5 cars,

just to update i had the mini cooper S which was modded up to 280bhp
sold that and bought a new new new Mini JCW
then sold that for the same as i bought it for after 6 months and bough another supercharged cooper S.
then back to a seat cupra Tdi Ibiza.

However recently the Ibiza trie to kill me by the front end locking up on the motorway.

So

I have managed to get my cash back from the dealer for the car and am now carless.

Now i do have around 10k cash i could spend on a car. But i am looking to do quite a lot of track days this year and i do on average 10 ring trips a year. So i thought why not spend just 5k and get a cheap Civic Type R and then save the rest. However i do spend it all i would like a gof Gti mk5.

So reason for going EP3 is not going to spend money on modding it, bulletproof, and great handling.

But what i do want to know is can a 5k EP3 be as good a deal as it sounds. Seem to be lots of cat D's .

Also how does the Ep3 handle track day abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
5k will easily get you onto an early type r, don't worry about mileage as long as it has a good history. Gearboxes appear to be the main issue to look out for as the bearings go.

I recently had my 52 plate 99k miles(at the time) NHB ctr up for £4,200.For 5k you should get a lovely 80-90k mileage ctr mate no probs!

well, i got one . well chuffed as only set me back £5200, full service history from honda, 2 owners last being 6yrs and just 75k on the clock which is nothig for the K20. had 12 months MOT, and 4 months tax on it. Really pleased with it and pick it up wednesday. So i now have 5k left over, now i wonder what that 5k is going to be spent on, umm i wonder,

IMG_0503.jpg

So i now have 5k left over, now i wonder what that 5k is going to be spent on, umm i wonder

Very clean looking! :smt023

FRSU, Kpro, header, generic Spoon/Fujitsubo/Buddy Club cat back, engine mounts, Buddy Club short shifter, LSD+Lighter flywheel, Ferodo DC2500, SS brake lines, would be my list for about £5K inc labour give or take.

Then get your hands on another £3,500 and go S/C!:twisted:

£5,000 would see 250ish bhp with some good mods.

Or I would save some of it, sounding a bit like a grandad here but would be nice to put something like that into my ISA :lol:

Back