• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any idea of companies who would cover...

I am currently with lloyds insuance paying £1073. my year is up an renewal is through soon.

I have 4years no claims and a ful license for 2 years (no claims built up when i had a provisional license)

i want to put a cat back, something like a j's racing exhaust on my car maybe.But declaire it with my insurance co (whoever that might be this year when i look for a quote)

any ideas of companes worth a askin? all the comparison sites seem to be pants that i have looked at. :(

any help is welcomed :confused:

I found the cheapest for me this year out of anyone was admiral. Cost me £60 when i declared my cat back mugen. The quote was far from cheap though! Think everyone has just put them up this year. Was more then last years premium.

I got a quote from admiral already from a comparison site and its around £860. but that was without putting any mods on.

From what i have read on here and other sites, people seem to be anti-admiral/elephant.

I wonder why

Thats pretty good! i had to pay 780 fc with my mods declared. I have 5 years pnc and have been driving for 9 years. Clean license and im 27.

wow, so that really is probably going to be one of, if not the best i find..I wonder what it would come out as if i maybe put a name driver on it, does that ever work?

Hmm I might put in for a quote for an exhaust mod and see how it comes out.

Do you know why people slate admiral so much though?

No idea to be honest. Yea it should bring it down a bit. Put your mum or dad on. If they have clean licenses and a long term driving license should bring it down a little. You need to declare mods though.

Feel free to give my company a try, tel: 0208 3645500, please make it very clear you are a type-r-owners.co.uk member if you speak to us.

Thanks

I got a quote from admiral already from a comparison site and its around £860. but that was without putting any mods on.

From what i have read on here and other sites, people seem to be anti-admiral/elephant.

I wonder why

They are far better when you phone them. Comparison sites quote me over a grand and i paid in the 700's last year.

I've got my mother on it and in my first years price came down by about 30%

admiral/elephant (same company) with mum on policy = cheap.

if you are a woman check out swiftcover.com

Some of the insurance companies on here wont insure people under the age of 25 I think it is so it's worth checking before you ring them up.
Admiral/elephant/hastings direct/shielas wheels are all the same company like Rossy said, and I got a good deal with them the year before last.
Direct Line and Tesco dont cover mods.
Im with Adrian Flux atm and they seem to be a fairly good company and are good with mods.

Check the compulsory excess teamed with the voluntary excess too on those compare the market things. My gf almost went for a really good deal until I noticed the excess together was £800.

I'm with greenlight. It suits me because the modification questions they ask are very vague. :D

I have an aftermarket exhaust manifold and cat-back, but you simply tick the box marked 'exhaust'. This means that you'll be charged the same amount as somebody with just an aftermarket backbox.

I paid less than £600 last year and I'll probably go with them next year too. ;)

I'm with greenlight. It suits me because the modification questions they ask are very vague. :D

I have an aftermarket exhaust manifold and cat-back, but you simply tick the box marked 'exhaust'. This means that you'll be charged the same amount as somebody with just an aftermarket backbox.

I paid less than £600 last year and I'll probably go with them next year too. ;)

Bell are the same. Exhaust/Manifold = one question -> Tick!

If you're declaring mods, make sure the insurance company will replace like for like in the event of a claim. I'm pretty sure admiral/elephant won't and will replace your expensive mods for oem parts if claimed for. Worth thinking about.

If you're declaring mods, make sure the insurance company will replace like for like in the event of a claim. I'm pretty sure admiral/elephant won't and will replace your expensive mods for oem parts if claimed for. Worth thinking about.

Bell charge me an extra £25 a year for modifications cover. Like for like.

Hi

Not sure if you have had to renew yet, I'm with Esure and they have been the cheapest for me for the last 2 years but I think insurance companies seem to have such specific profiles of who they will give cheap quotes to that it’s hardly ever the same for others. I have high excess which I'm currently regretting heavily but thinking about doing this next time my policy is up http://www.insure4excess.com/ you can insure your excess up to £750 for about £60.

Hope this helps

Jim

Back