• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Any young CTR drivers?

Type R's are surprisingly low on the new scale really considering they were near the top (I think?) at group 17 on the old scale! My Audi is group 22 on the new scale (was group 9 I believe)

I pay £762 on the Audi, quotes on a CTR are coming in around the £1000 mark (21, 4 years NCB, clean license), but it will be around my 22nd birthday when I will be nearer to work and be able to get on and not ruin it by commuting!

Well I have a DC5 TR and I have 3 points 3 years no claims 21 with my mum and dad on policy as named drivers and parked in residential area insured with admiral for £1405

Right guys im 20 and im fishing around for quotes putting 2 women on my policy as TPF&T its still over 2k with admiral i have 1 years no claims and havnt any points....HELP!!

Right guys im 20 and im fishing around for quotes putting 2 women on my policy as TPF&T its still over 2k with admiral i have 1 years no claims and havnt any points....HELP!!

That seems cheap as it is to me lol, when I was 20 they still wanted £3000! Now I'm 21 and it looks like it will be £1100 when I eventually get one..

Right guys im 20 and im fishing around for quotes putting 2 women on my policy as TPF&T its still over 2k with admiral i have 1 years no claims and haven't any points....HELP!!

Wait a few years and drive something sensible in the meantime.

Your age, that is all.

You could try ringing round some of the insurers here: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22372-Insurance-company-numbers-websites

Sky and Chris Knott are registered insurers on here but you might find you have to be a certain age to get insured with them. No harm in asking them though.

You'll also find that some companies require you to have at least a year of experience driving performance cars.

I had a 106 Gti before and the insurance on that was under 1k its just annoying as when im 21 it goes to £1,088 which is fine! yeah i will try those insurance companies! cheers!

Exactly what I found, hence getting a 'sensible' car first :) best way of doing it really. Friend of mine had a twin turbo supra at 20.. Paid through the roof for insurance in the first year, then it over halved in the second year due to him having had a performance car 'under his belt'. 21 does seem to be a good milestone for insuring these, I know I'm a hell of a lot more sensible/responsible now than I was at 17-20 when insurance was sky high!

looking to get a type r this summer, im 19, 2 ncb, and the best quote i have had is 2200 tpft with admiral.

if you are a youngster like me and can persuade your parents onto a multicar policy it drops the price significantly, mine has shot down to £1600 and my parents premiums are cheaper than what they are paying now too.

im amazed people with points, write offs, and barely any no claims can insure these just because they are 25+! age itself has a big swing.

i will have turned 20 by the time i get the car and i might wait for my third ncb which should drop it a bit.....until then im driving a 16v polo haha

i found http://www.brentacre.co.uk really good for me, they undercut everyone by about £100, and thats on a modified policiy. They only do it on HP as well so you can do anything platform wise and your insurance doesnt go up :)

just to continue on my last post, got my renewal for my old fiesta 1.2 from swift through today. 998 pounds. Nearly 100 pounds more then the civic. Insurance companies are dumb as fluff

well, the car is in the scrap heap now anyway, was just waiting for the extra years no claim. so i told them to fluff of.

Back