• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

love the look :) now waiting to see how it looks on the new wheels !
are they going to be the new daily rims ?

Last edited by a moderator:
love the look :) now waiting to see how it looks on the new wheels !
are they going to be the new daily rims ?

Cheers :) Yes these will be the new daily wheels, 8j at the back with a 215/45 tyre, 8.5j at front but unsure on tyre size yet.Thinking 225/45 but may have to have 215 again to get them under without any fuss.

i come from rear wheel drive so seeing wider at the front just melts my brain ! :)

i would have thought there was loads of room for 8.5J on these cars ? its not that wide but im new to them so ? :)

I dont think you will be able to tell once on the car to be honest, apart from the center bore area is deeper on the 8.5s. As for room they're et35 offset, i tried one on without a tyre and its close to the suspension on the inside and pretty much in line with the wing on the outer. The last owner had j's wings fitted so i hope they fit without :lol:

Here we go wheels are fitted :D very pleased with them. Ended up getting contisport 5s in 215/45/17 all round (bottled out of getting 225s) Took it out for a spin and it doesn't seem to catch anywhere

And also fitted a LUKE tow strap i bought down at japfest earlier on in month

Looking smart them dude :)

What have you attached strap to?? Is it functional or just show??

cheers bud, Functional (i hope) I put it on because you can't get to the original eye for the mugen undertray, its not the strongest of places but prob the best in that area without any fabrication. Marshall at oulton weren't too impressed when i said you cant get to it so thats the reason i put one on otherwise i wouldn't have bothered. Ideally the plate on the strap wants sitting horizontally rather than vertical like i've done so i may alter it when i have more time

Yeah I had a similar conversation when I was getting sound tested
I've got a tow strap but couldn't find a suitable place to mount when I had bumper off.. Looks like ill have to remove again to check again :)

A few pics from saturdays trip to Cadwell Park

Trying to take off on the mountain

Got a few more To Do's since this trip. Firstly fit the dme camber arms and eibach bolts which i've bought and get them setup. Secondly is to stiffen the thing up! So i think a set of coilovers and a jdm or progress rarb would be a good start. Also a descent seat wouldn't go amiss

DSC_0098_zpsb4dd088f.jpg
got these to fit :) harness aswell just need a decent seat
DSC_0099_zpsf312d522.jpg

Well I'll be selling the omp harness I just bought as I stumbled across the bargain the century :)

picking these up in the morning, pair of cobra Suzuka pro seats and schroth harnesses :-D

Looks great the car. I've often wondered about this. Whether it's more fun to buy something quicker like an Evo, or to track the Civic and buy it some goodies. Track days probably a lot more fun. There's the element of not wanting to be the shittest driver on the course though.

How do you find the EP3 on track?

My mate has an fq360 running near 400bhp and silly torque, real weapon... Will it ever get tracked or used to full potential? Probably not but i don't blame him it cost over 20k. I'd be wounded if i smashed the civic but i'm not scared to have fun with it either, there's a big difference in ££.They're great on track, mines standard power and does well even against some of the 'bigger boys'. I thought i'd be ***** also but soon stopped worrying after a few laps :smt023

A 4 hour round trip today to pick these up, was worth it though they're pretty much brand new. I don't think the passenger one has even been sat in or used the harness!

I've finally got the seats and harnesses fitted, decided to lose the rears in the process.

still need to fit the coilovers and camber arms/bolts and now this which turned up today
Once fitted I'll be booking in at Area motorsport for a setup ready for Oulton park in November :D

Back