• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

take advantage of your nill fog lights, and run some direct cold air feeds from them , mesh it up to stop anything getting in. simples job, effective.

As in cold air feed to the brakes? I have thought about this and have seen it done quite well by another member. He made a duct to fit onto the shield behind the disc. I can start to do this kind of thing now as the cars no longer used as a daily so it can sit with its bumper off for days while I tinker :)

Collecting these bad boys in a couple of week :-D
20130915_zpse51c36cc.jpg

how much it set you back ash ? and easy to install? what size your wheels?

Last edited by a moderator:
how much it set you back ash ? and easy to install? what size your wheels?

Got them for £900 which wasn't too bad considering they're only 12month old. Should hopefully be a straightforward swap. They'll fit ok behind road wheels but think a spacer is needed for my track wheels (oems)

Got them for £900 which wasn't too bad considering they're only 12month old. Should hopefully be a straightforward swap. They'll fit ok behind road wheels but think a spacer is needed for my track wheels (oems)

Dont you need to shim them?

Dont you need to shim them?

Think you might be right but don't think it's anything major though (I hope lol). The lad i'm getting them off fitted them himself so I'll get him to run through what needs to be done. I think he had to trim the lower arm as it was fouling the disc but he had buddyclub rca's fitted whether that made a difference or not I don't know

Well got everything fitted eventually, even without a setup it handles very well but it's booked in at Grinspeed to get it all sorted :-D. Anyway I didn't end up fitting the brakes myself being too busy with work (being lazy) but they were straight forward. Splash/dirt guard needs cutting off with the offset of the disc, and as mentioned a few shims needed to centralize the caliper over the disc. Not sure if it's normal or not but one side needed no shims the opposite side did. Anyhow they work and well :-D

Looks like your going to be out braking me at Oulton then ! Just fitted standard size Stoptech discs and am more than happy with them.

I found the original brakes to be good with braided lines and a decent pad, fluid etc. I had the stoptech discs you have but unfortunately first time at oulton one of the calipers was sticking slightly and ruined one of them. Probably abit overkill these lol. Let's just hope the weather's good!

Going to Oulton on Friday so thought I'd try the standard wheels I use on track over the new brakes. They do go on but only just so think I'll be using 3mm spacers with them, theres also only about 1mm clearance with the wheel weights also.
DSC_0342_zps9edb704d.jpg

Car looks ace mate. Really nice mods. Let me know how you get on with the 3mm spacers. Still getting a bit of wheel wobble on mine at 70mph with 3mm spacers.

Well I hope I don't get any wobbles but any high speeds are short on track so could live with it, I think...

I did hope they'd still sit on the hub but they don't :-( hubcentrics they don't do that sort of size either

Car looks ace mate. Really nice mods. Let me know how you get on with the 3mm spacers. Still getting a bit of wheel wobble on mine at 70mph with 3mm spacers.

Just to let you know the spacers were fine mate. I did notice when i first placed the wheel on it wasn't sitting quite central to the hub, so sort of held it in place with my knees until i tightened the nuts. This may be your problem?

A few pics and a clip from fridays trip to Oulton Park. A steady first couple of laps as it was very greasy and using very worn r888's

[video=youtube_share;6fOeXoshdJ8]http://youtu.be/6fOeXoshdJ8[/video]

Little update, i've got a safety devices full cage coming next month in white :D hopefully it will be fitted in time for Oulton Park which is a week after it's due to arrive. In the meantime i'll be removing a lot of the interior. Also got an AEM cai to fit when it turns up.

Back