• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Autosocks

they are good in the snow, relative to summer tyres on their own. but when you aren't on snow then you are meant to remove them pretty sharpish as they wear out at a vast rate of knots. better than nothing.

i'd be interested to hear your thoughts. apparantly they aren't much cop on ice so its just snow, so i am not entirely sold on them to be honest.

i'd be interested to hear your thoughts. apparantly they aren't much cop on ice so its just snow, so i am not entirely sold on them to be honest.

It was snow I struggled on before when it snowed (couldnt even get out the parking space at work) so hopefully these are the answer, dont fancy a 25 mile walk home from work :s

they are good in the snow, relative to summer tyres on their own. but when you aren't on snow then you are meant to remove them pretty sharpish as they wear out at a vast rate of knots. better than nothing.

I had a set of these for my epic roadtrip to northern Italy, albeit on the Merc Vito.

Managed to conquer the alps after taking a wrong turn, on snow and compacted/icy snow they are fantastic.

As Rossy states though, soon as the snow clears whip them off sharpish, or you will find as I did, they wear out in 10miles, speed is also an issue. They are good to get out of trouble, not great for cruising the motorways.

I had a set of these for my epic roadtrip to northern Italy, albeit on the Merc Vito.

Managed to conquer the alps after taking a wrong turn, on snow and compacted/icy snow they are fantastic.

As Rossy states though, soon as the snow clears whip them off sharpish, or you will find as I did, they wear out in 10miles, speed is also an issue. They are good to get out of trouble, not great for cruising the motorways.

Exactly what I wanted them for, thanks for your review :)

Read about these earlier today. Assumed you had to jack the car up LOL. I can see they might be useful... But could be a total PITA and you would, guaranteed, forget to take them off when you got past the icy bits.

Read about these earlier today. Assumed you had to jack the car up LOL. I can see they might be useful... But could be a total PITA and you would, guaranteed, forget to take them off when you got past the icy bits.

They take about 3 min to fit per wheel.

OK so the snow socks got their first run out this morning on Simons Civic (EK4), we awoke to approximately 8-9" of fresh powerdery snow.

After reversing the car out of the garage (wheel spinning as we went) we fitted the socks. Simons car is lowered so fairly tight for room getting the socks over with the wheels straight, the best way we found to fit was to put the wheels on full lock, place the sock over the top and as far down the sides as possible, then roll the car forward and put the sock on the rest of the wheel which is uncovered.

I will admit I struggled, you need pretty strong hands/fingers to get the socks stretched over (obviously they are held on fairly tight so they dont fly off) but Simon didnt seem to have any problems at all. Id say it took a minute at the most to fit each one.

Coming out of the parking area is a small slope, braking there was no skidding.

Out on the road they provide so much more grip than with just tyres, a steep hill in and out of the village was passed with ease and then a group of roundabouts off the motorway stopping distances were longer than in the wet with normal tyres but not greatly different, again no skidding when applying the brakes.

When eventually we got to civilisation and you could start to see tarmac through the road we pulled over and removed the socks to avoid damaging them.

Overall 10/10 there is no way we would have got out our housing estate this morning without these.

A few pics along the way, I did record some video so will get that up tonight.

P1030689.jpg

P1030687.jpg

P1030686.jpg

P1030685-1.jpg

P1030684.jpg

P1030690.jpg

P1030685.jpg

Does anyone know if i can pick these (or similar) up in halfrauds? I've got a long journey ahead of me tomorrow and these could help

Not sure tbh simons came from amazon and mine autosocks.co.UK. maybe you can do next day delivery on amazon?

Unfortunately im leaving around 5ish in the morning so ideally need to get them tonight. I'll have a hunt round some shops after work, if i can't get them i've always got the shovel! Thanks anyway Lottie :)

Awesome Lottie. I think I will have to get some of these as I'm off to Wales in a few weeks on top of a mountain so they might prove useful!

Used them a few times to get the SL moving on essential trips, but this Xmas I'll be in one of these:

wuggnowafter4cmsuspensionliftfittedjustfitsingarage.jpg

Back