• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

B20vtec turbo coupe - (Dyno Print out now added)

Hello everyone,

New to forum, just saying hi and some info on my car.

Thanks
James

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

Return of the wide boy!!
DSC00224.jpg

Tial Blow off valve
DSC00228.jpg

Garrett T3/T67 HO
DSC00229.jpg

Awesome welds on the Full Race manifold
DSC00233.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

Full Race Traction bars + engine brace
DSC00236.jpg

Golden Eagle vacuum manifold
DSC00237.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

Its all being tuned on 12-18th November by Owen Developments so not long.

Engine Spec -

Benson sleeved 83mm B20 block
89mm Benson balanced and micropolished crank
CP 9-1 pistons/rings, Eagle 3/8 rods, ACL bearings
New OEM oil pump, new pick-up, new waterpump
ARP head studs and Cometic head gasket
New SuperTech valves, dual springs and titanium retainers
B16 VTEC head with 3 angle valve job, new seals, surfaced, all done by
PortFlow
CTR intake and exhaust cams, AEM 5 bolt cam gears
New STR fuel rail and new 1000cc RC Injectors
Edlebrock Victor X with stock throttle body, sensors and vtec selenoid
Oil pump adaptor with ls/vtec line in place
Distributor with new wires ( being changed to coil pack)
New timing belt, harmonic balancer
Brand new alternator
Quaife LSD
Driveshaft shop stage 3 driveshafts
SPA gauges
Motec M4 pro ECU

Thanks
James

As soon as i have the dyno number, (within the nxt 2 weeks) il let you know.

Being tuned at Owen developments, was going to be CPL racing but took a definate NO NO after my previous experience!!!! -

' They did my engine conversion about 8 months ago, luckly the cars just been sat in my garage since then........ anyways long story short, so im doing a complete check on the whole car to make sure everything goes sweet.

So for some reason i think....... hmmm better check the gearbox oil, so i undo the (Fill/check) level, and wow!!! BONE DRY!!!

The cowboys did the whole engine conversion and didnt even put any oil in the gearbox what so ever!! Amazes me how someone, or company can do a whole conversion and not put any oil in the box!!!!!

Would of been interesting on the dyno in 2 weeks trying to run 500ish hp through a tranny with no oil .

So i ring them up and the end verdict.............. they didnt put any in because i didnt tell them to!!!! Useless company!!!! :roll:

Engine bay looks really nice, not keen on the intercooler / dump valve setup tho, you need a bigger bumper.

How many ponies is that thing running?

- Kevin.

Yeh intercooler didnt fit as planned!!! damb things too deep!! Hopeing for around the 500hp mark on pump gas and more on race fuel.

FullRaceB20 said:
was going to be CPL racing but took a definate NO NO after my previous experience!!!! -

' They did my engine conversion about 8 months ago, luckly the cars just been sat in my garage since then........ anyways long story short, so im doing a complete check on the whole car to make sure everything goes sweet.

So for some reason i think....... hmmm better check the gearbox oil, so i undo the (Fill/check) level, and wow!!! BONE DRY!!!

The cowboys did the whole engine conversion and didnt even put any oil in the gearbox what so ever!! Amazes me how someone, or company can do a whole conversion and not put any oil in the box!!!!!

Would of been interesting on the dyno in 2 weeks trying to run 500ish hp through a tranny with no oil .

So i ring them up and the end verdict.............. they didnt put any in because i didnt tell them to!!!! Useless company!!!! :roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I really like that. Some serious stealth going on there

BTW CPL are very well respected tuners on here and other Honda clubs....

I really like it mate...fantastic effort....that should be able to scare a whole lot of cars 8)

Was it massively expensive to do that amount of work? I'm not looking for an exact figure, but if i went out and bought a coupe and then wanted a similar set-up, what would the ballpark figure be?

FullRaceB20 said:
As soon as i have the dyno number, (within the nxt 2 weeks) il let you know.

Being tuned at Owen developments, was going to be CPL racing but took a definate NO NO after my previous experience!!!! -

WOW!

What a major fook up by CPL Racing! :shock:

On another note, that's a serious setup you got there.
What 1/4 time are you aiming for?

Thanks everyone, as far as the cost, well.... the reason its taken a year gives you an idea i supose lol, 'david' you have pm.

'Trung', im hoping for early 11's or with some practise late 10's at best.
Dont worry i wont be running those wheels or tyres on the strip, have some 13'' lenso drag rims with Mickey Thomas 24x8.5 slicks.

Fair one! Dont wrap it round a tree will you :lol:

Not good about the transmission oil (or lack of it) :shock:

Harvey said:
BTW CPL are very well respected tuners on here and other Honda clubs....

Suggest you visit DC5 and DC2 forums.

Superb setup btw. 8) :twisted:

Cant wait to see this on the Drag Strip, should be some impressive results, looks a nice conversion as well.

Am I correct in thinking that the Engine Build was imported from the US ?

Back