• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Baffled Sump

The Keiser said:
I do, why :wink: :D

I was @ CPL Racing on the 3rd getting my K-Pro fitted and tuned...I had a peek under the bonnet of your car...I wish I had more money :shock: :shock: :shock:

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
The Keiser said:

I was @ CPL Racing on the 3rd getting my K-Pro fitted and tuned...I had a peek under the bonnet of your car...I wish I had more money :shock: :shock: :shock:

- Kevin.

:D :D

Hopefully get a stroker later and get it to it's limit from an n/a tune.

How did you find the k-pro ?

iirc the maidstone cars was about £300 on an exchange basis, having the spoon one fitted on Monday.

For sale standard type R sump one carefull owner. :lol:

The Keiser said:
moNoKnoT said:
The Keiser said:

- Kevin.

K-Pro is great, certainly money well spent. It pulls harder in every gear and I saw the needle wander deep into the red a couple of times :D

I took a Tein catalogue after seeing your car, I was drooling over the exhaust too :shock: :D

- Kevin.

Friendy said:
iirc the maidstone cars was about £300 on an exchange basis, having the spoon one fitted on Monday.

Nice one, I think £300 is about the standard rate.

Whats the difference between this one and the others?

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
The Keiser said:
moNoKnoT said:
The Keiser said:

- Kevin.

K-Pro is great, certainly money well spent. It pulls harder in every gear I saw the needle wander deep into the red a couple of times :D

I took a Tein catalogue after seeing your car, I was drooling over the exhaust too :shock: :D

- Kevin.

Ye, liked the exhaust my self :D

I've not seen the car on Teins eyt, but I'm leaving to go down tomorrow :D

K-pro sounds good :D

The Keiser said:

You mean you havent seen it on Tein's yet?

Mate, it looked fantastic! :shock:

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
The Keiser said:

You mean you havent seen it on Tein's yet?

Mate, it looked fantastic! :shock:

- Kevin.

Just what I want to hear :D :twisted: :-({|= :smt026 :smt035 :party: :smt041 :woot:

Something like that :D

moNoKnoT said:
Friendy said:

Nice one, I think £300 is about the standard rate.

Whats the difference between this one and the others?

- Kevin.

Not sure, decided to go for the spoon one, not sure why :lol:

The Spoon is better if you are going to do track days.

The std one may oil starve the engine when u turn into a fast bend, because its sends the oil to one side!

The Spoon one prevents this from happening.

Ive heard that if you have road tyres and a std sump you should be fine on the track, its only when u are running semo- slicks or even slicks thats it dangerous!

I wish i had known this info 3 months ago. Cuz i wouldnt be spending my time looking for another engine!! :shock:

Spoon sump now fitted, looked very nice before it went in,and more importantly there was nothing in the bottom of the one that was taken off.

Friendy said:
Spoon sump now fitted, looked very nice before it went in,and more importantly there was nothing in the bottom of the one that was taken off.

Those were pretty much the exact same thoughts I had about 2 weeks ago, especially the "nothing in the bottom" bit :lol:

Didn't bother keeping my stock sump, asked TDi to get rid of it for me. For the cost of having it swapped again, plus what I'd make selling a 2nd hand one AND the time and effort of me going to TDi to have it done it just wasn't worth keeping. I know TP tried to sell him, but TBH, who want's a stock sump ? They are readily avaliable from Elise forums as they all swap the sumps.

Must admit I have a shed full of bits that I am unlikely to ever sell or put back on, might advertise them free to a good home. :lol:

donald said:
Contact ADH who were doing them for £173. I have one! :D

They were clearing stock, so you can no longer get them at that price.

They work out @ £232 brand new IIRC, that's direct from Ant. Note that they aren't the kind of thing that is just in stock, delivery can take a while unless you get really lucky (like I did!).

Guys....just for future reference

TGM Sport have designed their own baffled sump and its race track proven as they use it on their DC5 in the endurance racing.

If there was enough interest they would get some more made, cost wise Tom tells me it would be quite a bit less than the branded ones :D

Sara said:
Guys....just for future reference

TGM Sport have designed their own baffled sump and its race track proven as they use it on their DC5 in the endurance racing.

If there was enough interest they would get some more made, cost wise Tom tells me it would be quite a bit less than the branded ones :D

Now you tell me :x :lol:

If he wants to give me a price for a oil cooler

Back