• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ball Park figures? Re-Spray or Wrap?

£2000-£3000 plus you then lose loads when you come to sell it. Just sell it now and buy a different colour. :wink:

Neily03 said:
£2000-£3000 plus you then lose loads when you come to sell it. Just sell it now and buy a different colour. :wink:

f

They dont sell white ones in this country :lol:

Friendy said:
You could get it wrapped for about £600 protects the paint

Didn't someone enquie about getting there's wrapped white but the place wanted £1500 and couldn't match CW....

Alex Gosney said:
mmmmmmm

but surely laps are see-able?

they dont lap vinyl

if they need to make a bigger piece than the one they've cut they will do it just like wall paper and but it up so you can't see the join

I saw 'Dom's" car when we was in Germany, was very good, they dont ever join bits of vinyl as its on such a a large roll u never need to

See if u can PM Dom on the old forum...he may do u a deal.....but will u have to travel to Koblenz in Germany, but any excuse to goto the ring ;-)

I saw those pics of Doms car, and from photos you really couldn't tell it had been done.

Would certianly be better than respraying the car.

How far does the wrap go though? Do the only wrap the external parts or do they wrap inside the door too?

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
How far does the wrap go though? Do the only wrap the external parts or do they wrap inside the door too?

- Kevin.

DOMS, didnt have the inside done, eg the doors and under bonnet

moNoKnoT said:

- Kevin.
I suppose it depends to a large extent what colour you start off with. Doms' was battleship grey, and when the doors were open, it wasn't in your face obvious that it had been vinyl'd.

The other thing to consider is the state of your paintwork beforehand (stonechips) etc. as these should ideally be sorted beforehand.

Think Dom mentioned a figure around 12-1500 euro's all in (but I could be wrong), and this is something I've started considering since seeing Dom's effort.

Here is a pic of Dom's - it isn't championship white, but another colour (snow/icicle white?) which is whiter than CW when viewed in the flesh. The only places you could tell it was vinyl'd were around the edges of the bodywork where it was folded in, and that was only because Dom was impatient and wanted his car back ASAP!!! (think his took about a week)

As said above, best to try & get hold of Dom if seriously looking into this as I don't know anyone else who has had this done/has any experience of it

This was a wrap

image0106ob.jpg

Think its milano underneath.

http://www.evolutiongraphics-ltd.com/

Think its milano underneath

Yup it was red underneath

Like others have said you dont get the inner bits done, and you can see its a wrap up close and I mean very close, when you look at the panel joins you can see where its been cut, and folded in still is a very very neat job

Wouldnt mind having mine done but would want some wild and wacky jap animation graphics on it or something like that :)

This stuff looks phenominal, way out of my league, mainly due to the kit needed to produce it costing a small fortune :eek: Also, how they manage to apply it round the curves of a cars bodywork without distortion is amazing :shock:

AndyB said:
This was a wrap

image0106ob.jpg

Think its milano underneath.

I think it's a Cosmic mate. The wing, bootlid and door handles are Cosmic.

Did the person who had the white wrap done, have the handles done too? Or is it something you have to put up with when wrapping a car?

Tim.

Back