• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

I did fit a Pipercross Element to the OEM box when I purchased the car in January but from that I have gone straight to a Tegiwa Kit. My fuel gauge is taking a pounding now though :D

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you find coming from the OEM box? i didn't come from stock to the Tegiwa!

Obviously the sound is the biggest change for the positive, It feels alot more responsive with a quicker pick up through the rev range. As for power increase, with the OEM box @ 8000 rpm in 4th it used to be doing 100mph but now its alot closer to 110mph.

Of course this was tested on a private road in controlled conditions :D

Cool stuff, yeah i came from a Typhoon, have never driven the car with an OEM Airbox. I think it defiantly feels more responsive, and seems to go better! Glad you're enjoying!

Well my first track day booked for November at Croft, Just going to run the 30th as she is to see what she can do. Any tips for my first track day will be welcome.

I thinking it might be worth taking a spare pair of wheels incase i scrub my front tyres off completly. Any one got some old wheels with tyres for sale? I am based in Redcar North East England.

ideally spare wheels, brakes and a tool box full of tools. Real world just a few tools and if you have spare tyres take them.

Take it easy is my advice, learn the car, learn the track and have fun. Dont go crazy chasing people at first, have manners and let people past. Most importantly.... have fun :)

Finally got around to taking a picture of my Tegiwa Induction kit, Engine bay needs a deep clean and rocker cover needs a coat of paint..... spring job I think. Also fitted my brake stopper.

20141019_145852_zps238cg5t1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20141019_145948_zps9dzlhuou.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picked up a set of gold type r alloys for my upcomming track day at croft. £190 all with about 6/7mm of tread left on them. They are only budget tyres mind but for a first time on a track day there will be no heroics. They arrived today so going to clean them up and fit to see how they fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good buddy! Hope you're enjoying that Tegiwa Intake:) What does the brake stopper actually do??

The Intake sounds amazing, I love it.

The brake stopper stops the brake cylinder from flexing under heavy braking which is supposed it give better brake response under heavy braking, I think I will notice it most when I get her on the track next month.

Lovely example of a Anniversary, I think the only thing id change is the fact your front and rear discs don't match but thats just me! Haha. Looks a great car and your subtle choices for mods work pretty well. Next up (especially if your going to track it) id get some Eibach or H&R lowering springs and Eibach front camber bolts / Rear camber arms and get an FRSU.

Being in the North East, I wouldn't bother going down to TDi North or anything for it as they will only set it to between 1-1.5 degrees front and rear. I had mine done at Revolution - Gateshead, they'll test the car as they tune it if you ask them nicely and it makes a massive difference!

Good Thread.

Lovely example of a Anniversary, I think the only thing id change is the fact your front and rear discs don't match but thats just me! Haha. Looks a great car and your subtle choices for mods work pretty well. Next up (especially if your going to track it) id get some Eibach or H&R lowering springs and Eibach front camber bolts / Rear camber arms and get an FRSU.

Being in the North East, I wouldn't bother going down to TDi North or anything for it as they will only set it to between 1-1.5 degrees front and rear. I had mine done at Revolution - Gateshead, they'll test the car as they tune it if you ask them nicely and it makes a massive difference!

Good Thread.

Thanks for the comments Dave, I was planning the suspension and exhaust next. I was thinking new springs and dampers due to the original dampers now being 11 years old. I would like a 20mm drop and as you say frsu aswell.

As for the exhaust I am thinking piper manifold and sports cat to keep it legal but not sure about cat back as I dont want it to sound too load, just want a nice rasp in vtec. After the exhaust I want to get a remap, you know any decent places in the north east for that? If there is non I will take it to TDi North.

Ive done a few more bits to her ready for my track day this saturday. I have fitted a front Tegiwa Strut Brace and also fitted the alloys I got off ebay just to make sure they run ok. I will be taking 2 of these as spares and running my anthracite ones so I can finally finish off the cheap budget tyres on the front.

I will let you all know how we fair on track and hopefully have a couple of pictures next week.

IMG_20141028_120034_zpsqwl7e0lh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back