• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best air intake kit for ep3?

ive just bought a 2003 ep3 NHB and its completly standard. Im now thinking about adding a air intake kit as my first mod.
I know this subject has been brought up numerous times before, but what is the best air intake kit in terms of value to put on to a ep3?
After reading up it looks as though gruppe M is the way forward however it is a bit expensive, so i was looking into alternatives such as the mugen and the tegiwa. i think with the heatsoak issue, a unprotected air filter cone in the engine bay might be a bad idea.
if anyone has any experience with these please or any other alternatives please could you comment.
cheers, kev.

Best is either the Gruppe M or ARC airbox

If you want the Gruppe M but don't want the price, look into the Tegiwa, it's almost an exact copy

If you just want sound and don't mind about power, look at the K+N Typhoon or AEM V2, both are open cone filters that sit in the engine bay and both sound very good aswell as being cheaper

The noise the Gruppe M/Tegiwa copy make is very good aswell..but you have to pay for it

Personally I've bought an AEM V2 to do me until a good Gruppe M/copy turns up for sale in the classifieds

AEM CAI sounds good. Sorry for the noob question, but what is the hondata mod? does it make the sound/bhp+ much better?

AEM CAI sounds good. Sorry for the noob question, but what is the hondata mod? does it make the sound/bhp+ much better?

The Hondata airbox mod is a modification you do to the OEM airbox. You remove the restrictive flap and panels that can stiffle the airflow to the filter.

Its been said that this can gives a couple of flywheel BHP, so really for its cost, its probably up there with the mods of £/BHP.

It does also increase the induction sound over stock.

Worthwhile mod if you ask me.

This is a picture showing where most people cut to remove the unwanted plastic and improve air flow.

CTR_EP3_Hondata_Airbox_Mod_01.jpg

I had an AEM CAI (no shield) on my old RX8 which sat very close to the ground, it got wet but never had any troubles, that included driving through many puddles (not always intentionally) and mildly flooded roads...

I would reccomend getting a shield though

Back