• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Best fuel?

Had my car just over a week now and wondered what fuel you would recommend? A friend who had an evo 8 swears by shell optimax and says that it does make the car run smoother.

Had my car just over a week now and wondered what fuel you would recommend? A friend who had an evo 8 swears by shell optimax and says that it does make the car run smoother.

Optimax is discontinued, he means V Power which is what I'd recommend.

I use V-Power, makes it a bit smoother when cold and I get very slightly better MPG....

As above V Power.

More than anything else I get it for the placebo effect.

anyone tried the tesco 99 octane stuff??? my mate uses it and reckons its good. personally have been using vpower since i got my car.

V power all day long, also get yourself a Shell drivers card too. I got £3 off my last fill up aswell, not much but better than nothing.

Tesco 99 works fine aswell, although I swear my mpg suffers when using it

anyone tried the tesco 99 octane stuff??? my mate uses it and reckons its good. personally have been using vpower since i got my car.

A pal refused to run it in his moddified Evo V.
Something about the way it's produced, I'm sure he said something along the lines of it being a lesser Octane rating & them added something to up it. Hence it caused a different sort of burn in the cylinder.

A pal refused to run it in his moddified Evo V.
Something about the way it's produced, I'm sure he said something along the lines of it being a lesser Octane rating & them added something to up it. Hence it caused a different sort of burn in the cylinder.

:lol: I love it when people come up with that excuse! It just doesn't make any sense :lol: All petrol will start off somewhere and then they'll add things to it to make it what we buy! :freak: I bet V-Power starts off with a lower Ron and then they make it to 99Ron.

It's like say two 500ml bottle of water poured into a 1litre bottle will be different from a 1 litre bottle off the self... :freak: There's no logic to it...........

i might try tesco this week and see what happens. think its cheaper price at the moment. and with the current rip off costs less money spent is gonna win!!!

v-power definatly although i've never used anything other lol. the way i look at it is there's alot of engineering and testing to make the fuel burn in a productive way to get the best out of an engine, i doubt tesco put too much effort into it but i'm sure shell does. have read reports on people using different performance fuels and shell wins every time

i have only ever run shell unleaded, diesel or vpower in my cars over the last 7-8 years and never had any fuel related problems. whenever fuel related threads pop up the winner is always shell.

the same can't be said for the people they employ in their petrol stations however. hobbies: card cloning.

i doubt tesco put too much effort into it but i'm sure shell does.

Shell work with Ferrari, BP Ultimate work with the WRC Focus, Tesco sell food - nuff said

It baffles me that people actually think Tesco and other supermarkets actually make their own petrol?! :freak: :lol: The petrol from supermarkets comes from one of the big oil companies, BP, Shell etc.....

I work with a lady who used to go round petrol stations doing their books and it does all come from the same place you're right.

But it's odd how supermarket fuel such as Morrisons and Tesco not so long ago f*cked up a load of cars engines nationwide with their fuel yet Shell and BP had no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back